• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
tumblr_m8o18j15DH1rc8rbeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8o1e3qKqd1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tumblr_m8o0t4FN6V1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

The only reason to watch. tbh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So we have Taylor on Monday
Nicki's stuff on Tuesday
Azealia's video
and probably a bunch of Gaga news snippets here and there

things are starting to pick up
i3DS8G7wGbqP.gif

Bladenic

I love how Posh just poses and remains unbothered tbh.

Yes, but only in the US.
SHEMY.gif

The last two albums sold somewhere in the two million range in countries other than the US, do that's not completely true. She's no Shania but she's still managed to break out more than any other primarily country artist.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Enough of discussing nobodies on this page. Let's discuss Rihanna.

9 months after launch, Talk That Talk is going to be the #1 album in the UK again, after debuting there...

What kind of LONGEVITY?

Who else?

ibxproXUiSPAMr.gif

When Lil' Wayne can move 1 million units in a single week I refuse to believe the reason a pop singer doesn't sell is due to the state of the industry.
The pop market (as in those who actually buy records) is still significantly bigger than the hip-hop market isn't it?
So I still don't get why Rihanna has so many singles and yet can't move albums...???

Artemisia

Banned
Her fans are happy to stan for a singles artist?

Cute.

Sorry, but singles artists don't sell 24 million albums worldwide. She's had 6 studio releases which averages out to 4 million per album. That's not AMAZING (especially compared to Gaga who has about that amount with 2 albums, and Beyonce with 4), but nothing to scoff at.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Her fans are happy to stan for a singles artist?

Cute.

Stale tea. Dismissed.

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

I already served the truth about this. A true singles artist is someone like Flo-Rida who's album sold 55k in it's opening week after having a huge single. And all of his albums sell like ass. Every one of Rihanna's albums have gon Platinum+ since A Girl Like Me.

You tried.

iPtTsNgftwD38.gif

Bladenic

Stale tea. Dismissed.

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

I already served the truth about this. A true singles artist is someone like Flo-Rida who's album sold 55k in it's opening week after having a huge single. And all of his albums sell like ass. Every one of Rihanna's albums have gon Platinum+ since A Girl Like Me.

You tried.

iPtTsNgftwD38.gif

Exactly what I was gonna say. Flo Rida is the true definition of a single artist. Rihanna sells albums. Sure her single success might not always translate to album sales, but it's not like she's alone. Tons of artists have hit singles with mediocre to bad album sales. Katy Perry's plethora of hits only helped Teenage Dream sell like 5.5 million worldwide.

=A true singles artist is someone like Flo-Rida who's album sold 55k in it's opening week after having a huge single. And all of his albums sell like ass. Every one of Rihanna's albums have gon Platinum+ since A Girl Like Me.

If her singles still significantly outsell her albums then she's still a singles artist, sorry.

Sorry, but singles artists don't sell 24 million albums worldwide.

Oh that's the figure? I'd read a lot lower. Okay... guess my questioning wasn't quite as warranted as I thought. I'll retire to my quarters. For now.

EDIT: I lied. Okay so who has sold the most albums since Britney's reign. Is it Gaga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom