• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Eaux, summer flop after summer flop after summer flop. I expected more from Ms. Swift, as I found "Safe and Sound" rather DECENT. She is a fully grown woman now, what kind of eternal wistful teenager lyrics :-\

Is there anyone left who can save us?

iJbFmD9tF4huF.gif

Horse_exercise_ball.gif

Kyon

Banned
I love you Leona but

Oooh we called it off again last night
But Oooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you
We are never ever ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends talk
And my friends talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

9f1de191.gif

Like.......ever

Bladenic

My internet's a mess and the studio version from that link was taking forever to buffer. Like I said, a few days haha.

The title is already vomit inducing though. Poor dat.

I'll pray the rosary for her UNBROKEN mind.

Also, I've just discovered Aiden Grimshaw

unknown.jpeg

Here is his single Curtain Call and his album (out August 20). I'm not entirely sure if I'm liking his style of singing. I need to listen to the album again.
Me likey.

He cleaned up well from his X-Factor days, when he was more noted for his serial killer-esque demeanor than for his voice.

aiden+grimshaw+1st+live2.jpg

Mau ®

6. Taylor Swift- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Apparently it went straight to number 6.

I saw it at 12 a couple of minutes ago tho.

It sucks that she basically wasted the whole day in terms of radio play. Hardly any radio stations are gonna play it until tomorrow. She could've had a big debut update *.*

Styles

Its' number 5 now.

Both country and pop stations will be playing it once or so every hour today and tomorrow. Her label's deal with clear channel ensures that she will get paid for every spin.. and clear channel has over 300 stations.
b3d79dc8.gif

Oozer3993

6. Taylor Swift- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

9f1de191.gif

Apparently it went straight to number 6.

It's not even fully up on iTunes. You have to search for all songs by Taylor Swift and then buy it from there. It's own page isn't up yet. As usual, Taylor Swift >>>>>> *

Trigger

Its' number 5 now.

Both country and pop stations will be playing it once or so every hour today and tomorrow. Her label's deal with clear channel ensures that she will get paid for every spin.. and clear channel has over 300 stations.
b3d79dc8.gif

Slayage is now in full effect.

Mau ®

Its' number 5 now.

b3d79dc8.gif

YASSSS SAVIOR SWIFT COMING FOR THAT GUARANTEED SMASH!!!

P.S. Do you like the song? I havent seen your impressions lol

Styles

YASSSS SAVIOR SWIFT COMING FOR THAT GUARANTEED SMASH!!!

P.S. Do you like the song? I havent seen your impressions lol

I think that its' a cleverly written song, almost like an evolution of SN(the track)/TSOU/PTB in terms of her delivery of the lyrics. It is definitely her most playful song to date and she seems to be totally aware of that. Cynics and critics will most likely bash her for the so-called immature lyrics, but oh well.

Overall I think its' a great lead single that will(hopefully) help BMR(her record label) with their single choices for this era. They have 15 other songs left to choose from so I wouldn't hesitate.

Kyon

Banned
All i can say's that is was.............. Enchanting to meet youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Oh Taylor I was sooooo, Enchanted to meeet youuuuuuuuu tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kyon

Banned
lol this gif
Im pretty sure Enchanted is about him

~country superstar

Enchanted is about Adam (Owl City)

and to your question:

I shade all my faves even CueCardney
8f70c6ea.gif

there is quite a LIST of who i dont stan for but overall i stan for good pop music.

Oozer3993

All i can say's that is was.............. Enchanting to meet youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Oh Taylor I was sooooo, Enchanted to meeet youuuuuuuuu tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

<- Is still angry this flawless track wasn't a single.

Enchanted is about Adam (Owl City)

<- Is still angry this flawless track was about such a pasty little nerd. On the plus side, it means I might have a chance!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga's record was being number 1 every country itunes is available right?

no, it was going to #1 on iTunes the fastest, the record was 3 hours and Taylor did it in 1(or I heard, need receipts)

I dont even have an iTunes account but you best believe I am gifting
the next single to as many hoes as I can
ibqq8jKYrtaqKY.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
If by local means having the highest touring gross for a female last year than I'm fine with that.
c3ed7b23.gif

A tour in which the majority of the concerts were held in the US.
c3ed7b23.gif

But whatever. Taylor is a nice girl. She deserves her enormous success.

Didn't want to create a thread and this place felt like the most relevant place to say this:

What the hell Björk?
Yeah I know she hasn't been POP for over a decade but dammit I'm angry.

I've listened to pretty much all of her albums and I'm just wondering why she lost her mind in 2004 and never recovered.

Medúlla - So shit I snapped the freaking disc into multiple pieces
Volta - Also shit...haven't destroyed it yet though.
Biophilia - Just listened to a few tracks on youtube and assumed it's shit as well. Can't destroy youtube though.

I'm so disgusted.

zankara

Didn't want to create a thread and this place felt like the most relevant place to say this:

What the hell Björk?
Yeah I know she hasn't been POP for over a decade but dammit I'm angry.

I've listened to pretty much all of her albums and I'm just wondering why she lost her mind in 2004 and never recovered.

Medúlla - So shit I snapped the freaking disc into multiple pieces
Volta - Also shit...haven't destroyed it yet though.
Biophilia - Just listened to a few tracks on youtube and assumed it's shit as well. Can't destroy youtube though.

I'm so disgusted.

Yeah, she has definitely gone downhill lately. In saying that I do like Medulla and about half the songs on Volta and Biophilia. Biophilia just feels incomplete to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom