• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Didn't want to create a thread and this place felt like the most relevant place to say this:

What the hell Björk?
Yeah I know she hasn't been POP for over a decade but dammit I'm angry.

I've listened to pretty much all of her albums and I'm just wondering why she lost her mind in 2004 and never recovered.
INDEED. Although Medúlla is a commendable effort even though it's boring.

Biophilia for me was the biggest offender. An alleged love letter to the universe and it ends up being a drab, monotone project (at least Volta didn't aspire to such HEIGHTS). The concept would have worked better with production akin to the whimsy complexity of Vespertine, rather than the rote folk-lite tunes that ended up plaguing the album.

Her latest efforts have been directionless and misguided, a display of half-baked concepts; which is a pity, considering this is the same woman responsible for milestone concept albums such as HOMOGENIC and VESPERTINE (our faves simply could never). I'm not sure if she's just trying less or the creative well has simply ran out.

Koodo

Banned
Does anyone know how to get a signed copy of Jessie Ware's CD if you live in the United States?
AFAIK, the signed copies are only being offered in that Play.com site, and they're not shipping outside Europe. You would need an intermediary to send the album to North America.

So many roadblocks to become #aWARE in this continent. Punishment for the shit that has topped the music charts here, SURELY.

CRS

AFAIK, the signed copies are only being offered in that Play.com site, and they're not shipping outside Europe. You would need an intermediary to send the album to North America.

So many roadblocks to become #aWARE in this continent. Punishment for the shit that has topped the music charts here, SURELY.

sadbron.png
tocry.png

Anyone from the UK want to buy it for me? I'll gladly pay for all the costs associated with it.

What bugged me the most about Volta was all the brass.
It had so many tracks that went absolutely nowhere and all I can remember about them are the horns. Still aside from track 9 I can at least leave it in my player and forget about it like white noise. With Medúlla all I could think about the entire time was what I did wrong. It wasn't just boring, it actively sought out noises and effects that make songs impossible to even listen to, let alone enjoy. Usually I respect and like songs that are "radio-unfriendly" but come on.

I don't know. It seems like Björk has given up, and is just doing whatever to pass the time.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, "given up" doesn't really apply. Most likely as far as concerns her she's already done it all and is just pursuing whatever interests her. She's hit her peak already and doesn't feel the effort is necessary. Doesn't mean it's good but eh oh well.

BTW This thread is ridiculously entertaining.

Nemesis_

I don't know, but perfumes are all subjective anyway. Launches worldwide mid September.

2YBEy.gif

T8i2n.gif

vlczx.gif

I REBUKE MY CONDITION It's giving us a video for SCHEISSE and that is REASON ENOUGH to say it's ANY GOOD.

Trigger

Gosh, that trailer/commercial whatever for Gaga's fragrance is amazing. She's giving TFM realness. Better than anything she did for the BTW singles' videos.

Nemesis_

Lady Gaga said:
A letter to my sweet fans..

Today is a really happy day for me. The past year was a challenge, and I'm so happy to have my spirit back. I felt in chains at times. Whether is be the record label disagreeing with me on single choices, or directors who could only create an idea of "gaga" or what i've "done before" and not able to move forward, and there was also of course the incessant dragging of the most important single of my career in dead-beaten-horse-mud. Then there were all the personal moments. Betrayed by lifelong friends, mentors I've had for years suddenly taking advantage of me, and a massive struggles with my body image.

I've grown and left most of these things behind, the monsters of fame are very real. But I wanted to thank you for baring with me a little bit. Today's film is what happens when there is love and respect amongst creatives, teams, management. This project was run solely by the HAUS OF GAGA, ATOM FACTORY, AND STEVEN KLEIN'S fantastic team. I am feeling blessed to have removed those from my life driven by money and luxury, its all about the art of it. I feel free today.

Thank you for always being there for me monsters.

I love you.

LG.

!!!!!!!!!

Styles

From just a few hours of airplay last night:

TAYLOR SWIFT - We Are Never Ever Getting...: 5.950

1 Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together 1.0000
2 Phillip Phillips - Home 0.4000

All that while everyone was sleeping in the US

b3d79dc8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So the preowned copy of Killzone that I bought must be scratched or something (though the disc LOOKS fine) because it refuses to load the next level.

Can't say I'm all that bothered, it's a bit tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom