• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Omg so to FallFest which is a free event with musicians at my school, The line up is:

Kaskade (hew???)
Wale (I can dig it I guess)
Grace Potter and Nocturnals (not really here for it)
and................

The Wanted.

tumblr_m8i4ep9U4h1qd00mn.gif

royalan

Omg so to FallFest which is a free event with musicians at my school, The line up is:

Kaskade (hew???)
Wale (I can dig it I guess)
Grace Potter and Nocturnals (not really here for it)
and................

The Wanted.

tumblr_m8i4ep9U4h1qd00mn.gif

Grace Potter and the Nocturnal are great! And Grace puts on a fucking FIERCE live show. You're in for a treat.

Bathroom/food break during The Flopted's set tho.

Trigger

Question for Pop Gaf

Will Rita Ora always be a faux-Rihanna?

No offense to the Navy, but I think most of Rihanna's success has come from the amazing team she had behind her. She works for and with the best. If Rita gets a team behind her she could be just as big, if not bigger. The only problem I have with Rita is that she doesn't have much of a distinct style. Even Basic Rihanna had her Carribean roots. What does Rita have?

royalan

No offense to the Navy, but I think most of Rihanna's success has come from the amazing team she had behind her. She works for and with the best. If Rita gets a team behind her she could be just as big, if not bigger. The only problem I have with Rita is that she doesn't have much of a distinct style. Even Basic Rihanna had her Carribean roots. What does Rita have?

Rita Ora is the Jessie J to Rihanna's Katy Perry.

And Rih does have a lot of input on who she works with, so she deserves some credit for her success.

Mau ®

lol Rita is managed by the same people as Rihanna.

The problem with Rita is that everything she does is basically Rihanna RIHductive. From poses to "swagger" to her styling. And its really hard to compete with Rihanna in that regard when she changes clothing style, hairstyles and everything every week. It leaves very little room for opportunity in terms of urban styling.

And then there's the music. Rita's music is inferior to Rihanna's and it shows. Rita's best song is Party (How we do) and Rihanna released a superior, better charting version of it a year ago with "Cheers". Her biggest hit "R.I.P." was written specifically for Rihanna by Drake and Rih rejected it. Rita is just happily taking Rih's scraps.

Rita CLEARLY is the better singer but her delivery is not standout. Rihanna, even if she's inferior vocally, has a much more interesting delivery. When you hear a Rihanna song you instantly know its her. Rita doesnt have a distinct style.

Thats my take on her.

Styles

Number 1 in 16 countries so far

#1 United States
#1 Canada
#1 Honduras
#1 New Zealand
#1 Norway
#1 Sweden
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Malaysia
#1 Philippines
#1 Singapore
#1 Thailand
#1 Brazil
#1 Finland
#1 Venezuela
#1 Argentina
#1 Dominican Republic
#2 Ireland
#4 Taiwan
#6 Colombia
#8 Hungary
#9 Guatemala
#11 Peru
#12 Chile
#12 Portugal
#15 Spain
#21 Australia
#21 Italy
#25 Czech Republic
#26 Denmark
#48 Belgium
#54 Luxembourg
#58 Poland
#61 France
#63 Switzerland
#81 Bulgaria
#88 Malta
#116 El Salvador
#217 Cyprus
#349 Panama

Only a local sellout bitch

tumblr_m8qqforAxQ1rbtr4eo1_400.gif

Styles

After being serviced to radio late yesterday (Aug. 13) jointly by Big Machine and Universal Republic Records, "Never" has accrued approximately 30 million in all-format radio audience in less than 24 hours, according to Nielsen BDS. With that audience total, "Never" is already among the last seven days' 40 most-played titles across all formats.

ed2305b7.png

royalan

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, and all.

I drag Taylor on a regular basis and EVEN I called it on the single being a big deal initially. That much was obvious. Now let's see if she can SUSTAIN.

Mau ®

So basically Taylor will have a 25AI increase tomorrow?

Thats more AI than GaGa had with Born This Reductive!!! Yass Slaylor!! Drag ha!!!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, and all.

I drag Taylor on a regular basis and EVEN I called it on the single being a big deal initially. That much was obvious. Now let's see if she can SUSTAIN.

Like with most frontloaded releases, her label will have to release a second single before the album drops. Its not a big deal if they play their cards right.

Majmun

#1 United States
#1 Canada
#1 Honduras
#1 New Zealand
#1 Norway
#1 Sweden
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Malaysia
#1 Philippines
#1 Singapore
#1 Thailand
#1 Brazil
#1 Finland
#1 Venezuela
#1 Argentina
#1 Dominican Republic
#2 Ireland
#4 Taiwan
#6 Colombia
#8 Hungary
#9 Guatemala
#11 Peru
#12 Chile
#12 Portugal
#15 Spain
#21 Australia
#21 Italy
#25 Czech Republic
#26 Denmark
#48 Belgium
#54 Luxembourg
#58 Poland
#61 France
#63 Switzerland
#81 Bulgaria
#88 Malta
#116 El Salvador
#217 Cyprus
#349 Panama

Not liking this receipt TBH
is8KdIq9FqVN0.gif

The Netherlands aren't on the list tho
bhuHH.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

#1 United States
#1 Canada
#1 Honduras
#1 New Zealand
#1 Norway
#1 Sweden
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Malaysia
#1 Philippines
#1 Singapore
#1 Thailand
#1 Brazil
#1 Finland
#1 Venezuela
#1 Argentina
#1 Dominican Republic
#2 Ireland
#4 Taiwan
#6 Colombia
#8 Hungary
#9 Guatemala
#11 Peru
#12 Chile
#12 Portugal
#15 Spain
#21 Australia
#21 Italy
#25 Czech Republic
#26 Denmark
#48 Belgium
#54 Luxembourg
#58 Poland
#61 France
#63 Switzerland
#81 Bulgaria
#88 Malta
#116 El Salvador
#217 Cyprus
#349 Panama

Am I reading this wrong, or is it not charting AT ALL in the UK?

#taste

Mau ®

According to Billboard, Taylor is snatching Gaga's sales record scored by Born This Way (single).

It also has a high chance of scoring a #1 next week.

Am I reading this wrong, or is it not charting AT ALL in the UK?

#taste

Its not out in the UK yet.

Very few songs are released on impact there.

Mau ®

I dont know why artists collab with Fist Brown.... His records dont get play on radio anymore and people dont buy them. He is poison right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom