• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
What's the consensus on Nicki Minaj?

I can't stand her music, other than Starships, which is decent. I like the beat.

Also, forgot to add, Britney Spears. Still love to listen to her.

Oh yeah, and I hate Christina Aguilera, Britney is superior in every way. Sorry Christina (Xtina? fans).

P.S. Loving the gif usage in this thread.

Oh well. That didn't last long.

ibpH0MZN0MsIF7.gif

Christopher

I can't stand her music, other than Starships, which is decent. I like the beat.

You hate minajisty but stan Rihanna much to learn young one. If you like starships listen to pound the alarm by Nikki Minaj.

We all like a little Godney

Koodo

Banned

Oh yeah, and I hate (and by hate I mean her music is just meh - Genie in a Bottle was the only good thing back in the day) Christina Aguilera, Britney is superior in every way. Sorry Christina (Xtina (sp?) fans).
WELCOME TO POPGAF.

inDzFwwc5EHRO.gif

Smash88

Banned
Oh well. That didn't last long.

ibpH0MZN0MsIF7.gif

Well, I can't like everything. Nothing against. Just the hoes song and that other bee buzz song, really just put me off her music.

I did like Nicki in that David Guerra song. She was great.

You hate minajisty but stan Rihanna much to learn young one. If you like starships listen to pound the alarm by Nikki Minaj.

We all like a little Godney

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I rather just air my likes and dislikes now, than later.

Trigger

Oh yeah, and I hate Christina Aguilera, Britney is superior in every way. Sorry Christina (Xtina? fans).

consensus

ibmVFCZsNUbIo7.gif

We don't have those here, but since I've already been EXPOSED I'll admit that Nicki is great when she's on point and serving that FemCee realness.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Oh yeah, and I hate (and by hate I mean her music is just meh - Genie in a Bottle was the only good thing back in the day) Christina Aguilera, Britney is superior in every way. Sorry Christina (Xtina (sp?) fans).

The people with taste like Nicki here. I'm not totally here for her pop stuff, but her rap stuff is good. #SlaysInThaTrap

iG4SKMeiVtYtX.gif

But you know to hate Xtina

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

botty

Banned
Well, I can't like everything. Nothing against. Just the hoes song and that other bee buzz song, really just put me off her music.

I did like Nicki in that David Guerra song. She was great.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I rather just air my likes and dislikes now, than later.

um, you said you hated Xtina.

i6vI8riQYU7rd.gif

Smash88

Banned
Alright Pound the Alarm, is pretty awesome. Thanks for the suggestion.

So I like Starships and this song.

Just to clarify, Nicki Minaj's other songs just made me dislike her style, that's all. Not that I necessarily hate her music, just not a fan of her style in those songs (beez in the trap, and that hoes song). It was just a turn off.

um, you said you hated Xtina.

i6vI8riQYU7rd.gif

Hated as in her music, sorry clarified it now.

---------------------------------------

Also finished Pound the Alarm - Holy shit It's good - Thank you for the suggestion! I love this type of beat.

iqhpLT6HRBVXs.gif

Trigger

Christopher is amazing for reminding me of Please Don't Go. I'm now jamming to it. New music, new records, and fresh meat? Amazing day for POP-GAF.

#POP-GAFWorldDomination

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

Smash88

Banned
There's a much better alternative to Nicki Minaj.

ih9IPWvbEQz8o.gif

Liqourice
Van Vogue

Thanks for the heads up, put it up to check out in my youtube history.

Man, so many great new songs I'm discovering today. I love PopGaf already *hugs*!

Also, forgot to say who else I love.

MOTHER FREAKING ADELE! Her voice is like butterflies gliding through a meadow while bunnies and puppies frolic through the grass.

Smash88

Banned
Smash88... on a scale of 1-10, how much do you love Rihanna?

Do you wanna join the #Navy?

I pretty much love most, if not all what Rihanna has done. Especially anything feat. Drake, gotta support my Canadians.

Also since I missed it, what was PopGaf like when the whole Chris Brown Fiasco happened?

Nemesis_

I pretty much love most, if not all what Rihanna has done. Especially anything feat. Drake, gotta support my Canadians.

Also since I missed it, what was PopGaf like when the whole Chris Brown Fiasco happened?

POP GAF was still only in it's MILD STAGES of INFANCY

The BORN THIS WAY OT, much like THE ALBUM ITSELF, GAVE WAY TO NEW and EXCITING WAYS to experience POP MUSIC.

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif
i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif
i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif
i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif
i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif
i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

Trigger

ESTA NOCHE is great

http://i.minus.com/i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif[/IG]

but is it really the only good track on FANTASEA?

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

It really is. Fuck Up the Fun and her cover of Ima Read come close though.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

Smash88

Banned
Added those Gaga songs, will check out and report in the next day. So much to listen to!

Got bored and randomly saw the PopGaf thread and now so much eargasm going on!

Thanks again guys/gals!

Excellent. The #Navy welcomes you with open arms as you stan for the Only Girl (in Pop).

tumblr_lt2qu8CuAA1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Gx6oy.jpg

Working on buying more of her songs on iTunes.

Currently dead broke from Steam Summer Sale/Sleeping Dogs. As a college student trying to allocate my money without going hungry is hard stuff, but I will persevere!

Also, forgot to say who else I love.

MOTHER FREAKING ADELE! Her voice is like butterflies gliding through a meadow while bunnies and puppies frolic through the grass.
igjdsQMy6GxoH.gif

igjdsQMy6GxoH.gif

You need to educate yourself, by the by. Born This Way has some unmissable tracks.

Scheiße

Government Hooker

Heavy Metal Lover

Even better if you have someone to make out with, I would presume...

Trigger

Added those Gaga songs, will check out and report in the next day. So much to listen to!

Got bored and randomly saw the PopGaf thread and now so much eargasm going on!

Thanks again guys/gals!

Gx6oy.jpg

Working on buying more of her songs on iTunes.

Now Nem isn't the only one with a backlog.
bhuHH.gif

Smash88

Banned
Just listen to the WHOLE Fame Monster* first, you cant go wrong

220px-TheFameMonsterStandard.jpg

*except for Teeth and Telephone(since you didnt like it)

Actually I liked Telephone, and past that is when her marketing image started to annoy me, that turned me off her completely. And haven't listened since then.

I actually enjoy/enjoyed Telephone quite a bit.

Kyon

Banned

Oh yeah, and I hate (and by hate I mean her music is just meh - Genie in a Bottle was the only good thing back in the day) Christina Aguilera, Britney is superior in every way. Sorry Christina (Xtina (sp?) fans.

Not here for the Xtina shade but the GODNEY parts are just>>>>>>>>>

You are WELCOME HERE ANYTIME! <3

britney-crying-o.gif

#ChurchofGodney

#HolySpearit

botty

Banned
Actually I liked Telephone, and past that is when her marketing image started to annoy me, that turned me off her completely. And haven't listened since then.

I actually enjoy/enjoyed Telephone quite a bit.

Do NOT let them pressure you into liking BTW. They are going to hate it just as much as the rest of us when ARTPOP comes and slays that pretentious era.

ibpH0MZN0MsIF7.gif

Smash88

Banned
Do NOT let them pressure you into liking BTW. They are going to hate it just as much as the rest of us when ARTPOP comes and slays that pretentious era.

ibpH0MZN0MsIF7.gif

They aren't I even own some songs on iTunes.

4wxyA.jpg

I just love certain things more than others, and it's just the way Lady Gaga presented herself that turned me off, never really got into here as much I potentially could have. But I'll give it a shot, if PopGaf wants me to, I'm open to any suggestions.

Oh yeah, that meat costume, holy crap. I just can't....

Trigger

I liked the entirety of TFM, including Teeth. It's really perfect in capturing her sound without being repetitive or boring.

Smash88

Banned
Smash88 do you like Lana Del Rey?

iKrw1nGNnPgor.gif

Where are the lies? TFM is amazing tbh.

To be honest, I have never heard of Lana Del Rey.

At all....not even on radios, reddit, internet in general....

Hit me up with any songs I should check out. I'll go through them tomorrow, and I'll post back here with thoughts.

botty

Banned
To be honest, I have never heard of Lana Del Rey.

At all....not even on radios, reddit, internet in general....

Hit me up with any songs I should check out. I'll go through them tomorrow, and I'll post back here with thoughts.

Well, I'm not really surprised you haven't heard of Local Del Rey before, but she has some decent songs.

Kyon

Banned
Teeth was the only song I initially disliked on TFM, but nowadays it is a JAM.

Don't be scared, I've done this before
Shit's Ugly
Take a bite of me boy
Let Me see your mean
Got No Direction
The truth is sexy
I'm a tough bitch
No one's perfect

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

My religion is you

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

Status