• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
lol at the double post

iboUMIKmn6VnAO.gif

Satch

Banned
Can anyone confirm the lyrics to Taking in Water's chorus?

I'm taking in water for you, my love
Pulling you out, I'll take the blue away
I'm taking water, my brother (?), remember
I'm taking water for you

edit: nevermind on the (?), i'm pretty sure it's "brother" there

Trigger

I never got the horse shade. Leona is gorgeous and her face isn't that long.

Also: I still can't understand what the guy is saying in 110%. "Dance with my delicious on your forehead"?

botty

Banned
I'm taking in water for you, my love
Pulling you out, I'll take the blue away
I'm taking water, my brother (?), remember
I'm taking water for you

edit: nevermind on the (?), i'm pretty sure it's "brother" there

Ok, good. That's what I have too... I was confused by the "brother" part.

Majmun

I love Leona. Also think she's beautiful.

But she needs to gallop faster and release her album already. Loved her first two records tbh.

She's very talented IMO

Bladenic

ibaavat3GVxr7q.gif

You wish your JANK ass faves looked this ETHEREAL tbh.

I have a hard time believing Ke¢ha would write such an eloquent statement.

Preach for Lana, off base for Kesha. She actually borderline genius, having scored perfectly on her SATs. You tried tho

SaintZ

Preach for Lana, off base for Kesha. She actually borderline genius, having scored perfectly on her SATs. You tried tho
I really do not know anything about Kesha's personal life tbh. She just gives me that dumb vibe because of they way she presents herself and good for her on the SATs I guess. I like some of her songs tho.
What kind of flawless BEAUTY.

SaintZ, I'm gonna send you a few samples of what I've created for the LANA |OT| later today.
'k sis!

Ke$ha better put that "genius" brain to use and slay us this year, or next year, depending on how much longer it's going to take to mix her darn songs. Oh, and I'm glad that letter is fake. I was about to question my stannage of her.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Ke$ha better put that "genius" brain to use and slay us this year, or next year, depending on how much longer it's going to take to mix her darn songs. Oh, and I'm glad that letter is fake. I was about to question my stannage of her.

gurl, you know she is coming by the end of this year
and all of these people with questionable taste
will ACTUALLY become truly AWARE
iOeaXcDuoSvJl.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Watch Rihanna's UK Fashion Show "Style to Rock" right HERE

*.* *.* *.*

tumblr_ll0tgtJc9L1qbu7bd.gif

I see Cheryl Cole, Scissor Sisters, The Saturdays, Nicola Roberts...it's almost as though I helped produce it.

And some #hew from that flop film Part of Me.

[edit]Nicola Roberts is one of the style guides? What kind of flaw free choice.

1271429088330x330.jpg

Lzlre.jpg

Popjustice reviews "Trouble"

Popjustice said:
The new Leona Lewis single is moody, amazing and not a ballad

We had a listen to the rather epic Leona Lewis (feat Childish Gambino) single ‘Trouble’ earlier.

Actually we first heard it a lot earlier, because there was a version of the song knocking around when we heard ‘Collide’ over a year ago, and it instantly seemed like the sort of song that could find itself at the centre of the whole album campaign once the fun but flighty ‘Collide’ was out of the way.

Obviously the whole ‘Collide’ thing turned into a bit of a shitshow what with the Avicii business, meaning that the Leona funbus had to pull onto the hard shoulder while she looked at the map for a bit. After an odd EP of covers (if Leona Lewis appears on The X Factor without a product to sell, does the choir really make a sound?) we’re back where we would have been anyway, with all eyes on ‘Trouble’.

The final, beefed-up version seems to have retained the gloom-laden but beguiling feel of the track we first heard last year. The lyrics to this Emeli Sandé-penned tune involve Leona telling her partner that she’s bad news and has been all along: ”I told you never to get used to me, I stay awake when you fall asleep, I’m a whole lot of trouble, we’re in a whole lot of trouble.”

It’s usually difficult to imagine Leona Lewis being problematic when it comes to anything other than using up too much printer ink when printing out horse photographs off the internet, but this is a convincing, compelling and dramatic vocal performance which works brilliantly against the song’s opulent but bleak mid-tempo production. (It’s not too much of a stretch to imagine that ‘Unfinished Sympathy’ was probably one of various reference points along the way.)

Some people will probably be quite excited about Childish Gambino being on the track. It’s a good guest spot (“we were something together I wouldn’t call it team”, “big trouble and little kindness”, “I fell in love with the wrong dream” etc etc) but the fact that there’s a guest spot at all feels like someone, somewhere lacks the confidence in Leona Lewis being able to pull off a single by herself. It’s probably, like most things in most songs by most people, just an attempt to get the song on the radio. Either way, and despite the feeling that it slightly dilutes Leona’s big comeback, the rap in the middle eight sounds great so at the end of the day music is the real winner here.

Ultimately ‘Trouble’ feels like the right song for where Leona is right now. It’s out on October 7 with the album to follow a week later, but you’ll be able to hear ‘Trouble’ next Tuesday because that’s when it gets its radio premiere.
She will gallop all over your faves' desiccated corpses this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom