• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Lzlre.jpg

Popjustice reviews "Trouble"

She will gallop all over your faves' desiccated corpses this fall.

Wait, I'm confused about how this radio business is working with the single.

So, the single isn't "coming out" until October 7, but it's being premiered on radio next week? What exactly does that mean? That'll it'll be on radio starting next week but not available for purchase until the 7th of the next month?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Wait, I'm confused about how this radio business is working with the single.

So, the single isn't "coming out" until October 7, but it's being premiered on radio next week? What exactly does that mean? That'll it'll be on radio starting next week but not available for purchase until the 7th of the next month?

Yes, that's how singles work in the UK.

So, like, it won't even be available on iTunes or any sort of digital purchase, despite being played on radio for an entire month?

If I'm understanding this correctly, that's a bit jacked...
Sales suppression happens occasionally in America too when there's an artist that the label feels doesn't generate enough pre-sales hype even though they make radio bait music...you know who I'm taking about: Pitbull, Flo Rida, etc.

More reviews:

Daily Star said:
SIMON Cowell has nicknamed Tulisa as Trouble but it’s The X Factor’s vocal queen Leona Lewis who is putting the word to best ­­effect.

This dirty-edged, tough track – co-written by Olympics closing ceremony singing sensation Emeli Sandé – is a cracking comeback single for Leona.

Yes, we know she can do ballads, but this mid-tempo song, with epic strings, sharp lyrics and a slammin’ rap from Childish Gambino, takes Leona bang up to date.

Talking about the tune, out on October 7, Leona explained: “Trouble tells the story of love going bad and becoming destructive, aspects of which we can all relate to. It’s a deeply emotional song that I have a real connection to.

“I wanted someone who was creative and poetic and witty and Childish ticks all those boxes and complements the record perfectly.”

Get ready to view 27-year-old Leona in a whole new light.

Trouble hits radio on August 21.

Metro said:
She scrubs up squeaky clean but Leona Lewis has revealed she’s a whole lot of trouble in the bedroom and drives her lovers to booze and fags.

The former X Factor champ has turned all hip hop with comeback track Trouble, busting out some rap to air her bedroom woes.

On the single she bleats: ‘You smoked 10 now it’s 20… bet you wish you never met me.’

The 27-year-old explains: ‘Trouble tells the story of love going bad and becoming destructive, aspects of which we can all relate to.’

Written by Emeli Sande, the track features a guest turn from rapper Childish Gambino and makes up part of Leona's third studio album, Glassheart, which is due for release on October 15.

The single hits the airwaves on Tuesday.

MusicWeek said:

"Global priority" Leona Lewis. No more shitty US promo from Syco anymore
grin.gif

Satch

Banned
i'm having a hard time deciding between Something Inside and Taking In Water for my favorite of the album

what a beautiful problem to have ;__;

DMeisterJ

Banned
Who made the Poll?

Not including "Something Inside" is such a glaring oversight. Whoever makes the polls should be more #aWARE.

i'm having a hard time deciding between Something Inside and Taking In Water for my favorite of the album

I haven't decided my favorite yet either.

I'm stuck between "no to love", "something inside", and "Sweet talk".

sigh.

botty

Banned

Mhm, I have listened to those two songs the most off the album. However, from the moment I heard Something Inside on the album preview I knew it would be my favorite song.

"I can hear my name
I am on my way
I can see your face
I will find you"

So ethereal, so compelling... ;__;

Who made the Poll?

Not including "Something Inside" is such a glaring oversight. Whoever makes the polls should be more #aWARE..

Praying for Mumei.

What kind of thread snub tbh? "Something Inside" is merely an amouse bouche, a lesser treat to whet the senses.

"Running" on the other hand is a full course, and by far the best track on the album. Please prostrate yourself before its greatness before I cut you.

tumblr_m8jnvliqtz1r7qsdw.gif

botty

Banned
What kind of thread snub tbh? "Something Inside" is merely an amouse bouche, a lesser treat to whet the senses.

"Running" on the other hand is a full course, and by far the best track on the album. Please prostrate yourself before its greatness before I cut you.

tumblr_m8jnvliqtz1r7qsdw.gif

Excuse me?

ibdDBcCg4abfUO.gif

While "Running" is a great song, and channels the mesmerizing vocals of Sade, Something Inside is an ethereal masterpiece, that allows Jessie Ware to make her own mark.

Listen to Something Inside, then close your eyes. The song is dreamy in nature, and takes you to a beautiful place. Jessie's vocals are so vulnerable, and are accented by angelic back vocals and gentle strings.

Something Inside is so much more than you're giving it credit for tbh.

Mau ®

Avril Lavigne is basically done with ha album. There may be a chance she'll join The Fall fight.

Imagine if Avril cockblocks all our faves lol

SaintZ

Avril Lavigne is basically done with ha album. There may be a chance she'll join The Fall fight.

Imagine if Avril cockblocks all our faves lol
YASSSSSSSS. She's coming.

ibc849RjgYsR5c.gif

I love Goodbye Lullaby but let's be real, it wasn't radio friendly AT ALL. I hope the new album is more like Under My Skin and less like The Best Damn Thing tbh.

Mau ®

More quotes from Rihanna's Oprah interview have surfaced via ET. Like most of the media so far released it focus on the Chris Brown incident but this is a new take on what she was feeling at the time.

“I felt like the only person they hate right now is him. It was a weird, confusing space to be in,” she reveals. “Because as angry as I was — as angry and hurt and betrayed — I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help,” Rihanna added. “And who’s going to help him? Nobody’s going to say he needs help, everybody’s going to say he’s a monster, without looking at the source. And I was more concerned about him.”

She has a point.

I love Goodbye Lullaby but let's be real, it wasn't radio friendly AT ALL. I hope the new album is more like Under My Skin and less like The Best Damn Thing tbh.

Goodbye Lullaby did have some radio friendly songs which all became singles. I just felt the promo was just so lacking and they focused too much on What The Hell and not on Smile or Wish You Were Here. I personally LOVED the album.

I think she should do something more akin to her debut & Under My Skin. But she's probably gonna do something more like The Best Damn Thing.

SaintZ

Vile creature.
Well, Leona must have a different opinion because she covered one of Avril's songs.

nL0BS.gif

inthezone said:
Goodbye Lullaby did have some radio friendly songs which all became singles. I just felt the promo was just so lacking and they focused too much on What The Hell and not on Smile or Wish You Were Here. I personally LOVED the album.
Well, Avril clearly didn't like What The Hell and outside of Smile I think the album didn't offer enough variety. And obviously RCA didn't like the album because they shelved it for a year and I think that's why they didn't promote it that much.

ETA: New Page new news:

DALAI LANA will slay your faves. Aside from releasing the Paradise Edition, she recorded 3 new songs while she was in Australia. They're not in the new album but they're gonna be part of movie soundtracks.

ibkLVqOCiWf4rs.gif

And Punk Princess Avril Lavigne just finished recording her album.

i9ct0ogWbky32.gif

She's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom