• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

In other news T Swizzle dominated my local battle show on the radio easily clinching the victory.

tumblr_m8r5b17EqI1qcbmxzo1_400.gif

#swallowedup
Nemesis_ said:
Marius said I had to play as Fat Princess when All Star Battle Royale comes out.

Is this that character?
iiJ72dJjF8PxS.gif

Nemesis_

IDOL DRAMA

0820-nicki-minaj-mariah-carey-american-idol-article-3.jpg

Nicki Minaj may well become a judge on "American Idol," but it will be at the expense of Mariah Carey, who we're told hung up the phone when she was told Nicki was the top candidate.

Sources connected with "Idol" tell TMZ ... Mariah was led to believe she would be the only woman on the judge's panel. Choosing Nicki would not only crush that expectation, it would add insult to injury because Nicki (29) is a lot younger than Mariah (42).

As for the composition of the judge's panel, we're told by no means is it a done deal. There are 2 scenarios being played out. First, it's unclear if Randy Jackson will come back as a judge or a mentor. If he leaves the judge's panel, there will be another spot to fill.

The second scenario ... we're told some of the honchos believe it's a mistake to have 2 women and a man on the panel, and a 4th male judge would be necessary.

As for who's still in the running, we're told Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and Enrique Iglesias are leading the pack.

And there's one other thing. Sources connected with the show say they're worried ... if the judge's end up being Mariah, Nicki and Randy ... middle America might not welcome the blackout.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/american-idol-mariah-carey-nicki-minaj-randy-jackson/#ixzz24B3Db9EO

Peru

I really 'get' what Taylor & Co are going for business-wise with "Never", and as said I'm happy she's got that worldwide hit again that was lacking on Speak Now, but it has to be said, with those producers it comes at the expense of some of her own qualities, and it feels more generic and less personal, which is a bad thing for TS indeed. I like the song, but it's not quite Taylor as Taylor, and the rumours we hear about the album suggests that I may have to adjust to that. Some sacrifices for a hit is ok, but for an album not so much and if it's the case I hope this is just an experiment and she goes back to co-producing with Chapman.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Why? Best case scenario is that this makes Azealia more mainstream.
Because I don't want her to follow Minaj's footsteps of collaborating with big name pop stars, then slowly abandoning the style that made her famous in the first place in favour of by the numbers pop.

royalan

Just listened.

Eh.

It's not a terrible song, but that said it is incredibly bland, and the exact type of song you would imagine Leona Lewis recording if you were of the opinion that she was a boring, passionless singer. In fact, I was glad for Childish Gambino's verse - his delivery at least held emotion that was fitting for the song. Leona's singing about being a femme fatale pretty much the same way she'd sing about going to the grocery store.

2.5/5

Bladenic

Collide >>>>> Trouble

Royalan spilled the truest tea ever. She sounds bored. OR rather, she cannot really convey the emotion this song seems to call for. Such a shame. Childish Gambino's rap is great though. The rest is meh. Collide was much better imo, but then again I love Avicii.

Who knows, it might be a big hit and propel her album to great sales.... but I can't see it doing that. There are far worse songs out there that have been popular though.

Aguila

#ICONIC
In better British singer news,
(I actually like Trouble *-*)
Ellie's "Anything Could Happen" is now available to download on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

231C10D7A0FD00333AE6BE09A256E57CDAEAD66ECBDD_500_500.jpg

royalan

Just saw this.

I am ready for a female-led panel. The panel has been male-dominated for LONG ENOUGH.

I am ready for judges that would ensure another boring, borderline-untalented WGWG doesn't win six years in a row
or at least makes it difficult for them to just COAST through the competition with guitar crutches like they have been

And Middle America can just get the fuck over it.

xxczx

In better British singer news,
(I actually like Trouble *-*)
Ellie's "Anything Could Happen" is now available to download on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

231C10D7A0FD00333AE6BE09A256E57CDAEAD66ECBDD_500_500.jpg
its going to be one of those songs that play on channel adverts that show what's on I bet you.

Mau ®

LOL all this hype from GAF's Leona and we end up with such a bland track lol. The track feels more like a Leona impression of Emile Sandé rather than her own track.

Childish Gambino's verse slays tho.

Nemesis_

HOW ANNOYING.

I was looking for a move called BIONIC in the Pokepedia just so I could see if there was a GIF I could make.

ECam5.png

How disappointing there isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom