• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

It could be 4 actually. Billboard counts her Complete Confection has a separate album than Teenage Dream.

tumblr_liw00wr1Pu1qewmu6o1_500.gif

It really shouldn't be.

MSv0k.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I see the TRASH has PILED up, just like how Rihanus does with radio

yall can continue to ignore the facts, Katy is set to surpass her
and she wont even need collabs to chart
ibbjuTaNkmecIY.gif

Majmun

It's 11 #1's and Rihanna has a lot more TOP 10 hits as well.

You can try and spin it all you want. In the end Rihanna has had more hits and thats the way it is. Not here for "might", "could", "if's" etc etc. That's the RIHality and you will have to deal
or bipolar-stan again lol lol lol

Talking about bipolarity...I thought you started to stan for Perra after having watched Flop of Me???

iVD68SM3de2yk.gif

Leave Marius alone tbh

I'm not here for his Beysus shade
i4Fm19ACAdps2.gif

What's that thing in your avatar btw? An espresso machine?

And keep ik up with the gifs, lol

Mau ®

I see the TRASH has PILED up, just like how Rihanus does with radio

yall can continue to ignore the facts, Katy is set to surpass her
and she wont even need collabs to chart
ibbjuTaNkmecIY.gif

tumblr_lixrc4kGjP1qewmu6o1_500.gif

What facts?

Wide Awake and Part of Me both sold little over 2M domestically. Which is what a normal Rihanna's hit also sells anyway.

The Katy frenzy has calmed down considerably. She aint goon catch up.

Lady GaGa could potentially catch up if her next singles are as massive as say Bad Romance tho.

Talking about bipolarity...I thought you started to stan for Perra after having watched Flop of Me???

iVD68SM3de2yk.gif

I love Katy but Rihanna is still my TOP FAVE and I will defend ha from the baboon's delusions.

Majmun

I love it actually. Much better than Mariah's comeback.
Not saying much tho

Xtina's comeback better blow me away.

I love it actually. Much better than Mariah's comeback.
The track's pretty mellow (and even somber), but I love its intensity and Leona's phrasing (especially during the verses). It slayed me as expected, and I think it has really good crossover appeal because it's basically a mid-tempo Adele song.

Is it Bleeding Love? Not in a lifetime. But it should do well on radio, which is one area where Echo got zero support, and all signs point to a cracking music video. Now it's just the waiting game until 10/15...

glassheart2012worlddomination

botty

Banned
The track's pretty mellow (and even somber), but I love its intensity and Leona's phrasing (especially during the verses). It slayed me as expected, and I think it has really good crossover appeal because it's basically a mid-tempo Adele song.

Is it Bleeding Love? Not in a lifetime. But it should do well on radio, which is one area where Echo got zero support, and all signs point to a cracking music video. Now it's just the waiting game until 10/15...

I'm not sure if Leona is simply trying to stray away from her debut image, or not, but that she should definitely stick to the Bleeding love sound that helped her become international.

Nemesis_

hf2JX.gif

5.gif

Just look at this DAMAGE CONTROL that I can only assume is RUSHED and QUICKLY PUT together considering the GLARING CONTRADICTIONS.

nZvAW.gif

According to the receipts, Leona has the potential for another hit. Heck COME ALIVE was better than this RUBBISH that we've been fed.

uSX9I.gif

She TRIED tho

Bladenic

hf2JX.gif

5.gif

Just look at this DAMAGE CONTROL that I can only assume is RUSHED and QUICKLY PUT together considering the GLARING CONTRADICTIONS.

nZvAW.gif

According to the receipts, Leona has the potential for another hit. Heck COME ALIVE was better than this RUBBISH that we've been fed.

uSX9I.gif

She TRIED tho

DRAG HA. Good luck recovering from that Leona.

Collide was so much better than Trouble.

hf2JX.gif

5.gif

nZvAW.gif

uSX9I.gif

She TRIED tho
I see no contradiction. The song is fiery but it never explodes - that's the point I was trying to convey.

And DAMAGE CONTROL!? Gurl please, the song is going to smash. It's like Leona combined her two biggest hits ("Bleeding Love" and "Run"), hence my statement on its crossover appeal.

Not even going to address your "rubbish" comment. Hyperbole doesn't help your argument, since the song is easily ten times better than the incontrovertible STANK WET TRASH this summer has heretofore produced:

Triumphlop

My Fanbase Is Never Ever Growing Out of Puberty

Be Careful What You Wish For

Not even sure what to say tbh

OGq50.gif

Bladenic

LOL Second is on a roll with these terrible opinions today. First loving Trouble, then this. Keep it up, I'm here for it.

Buffypopcorn.gif

royalan

I'm not sure if Leona is simply trying to stray away from her debut image, or not, but that she should definitely stick to the Bleeding love sound that helped her become international.

I'm glad she's trying to break away from her debut image and try something new, I'll give her that.

I just think Trouble is the wrong song for her. It doesn't showcase any of the things that makes her voice special - her ethereal tone, expressive mid/upper belts, and beautiful head notes. This song is built for someone with an alto/contralto's range, someone with a deeper, more expressive and more resonate lower/mid range to really give it that sense of DRAMA that Leona lacks when she not allowed to punch those powerful "Collide" notes.

Adele would have done this song better. And early 90s Toni Braxton would have MURDERED it.

Artemisia

Banned
Yeah, not really feeling Trouble even though I really wanted to. Every time she says "I'm a whole lot of trouble," I expect an "uh huh" Islands in the Stream-style.

Also, lol @ this comment on the blog

x4bNE.png

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

lmao

I tried to link someone to a download link and it was removed in a matter of minutes

Majmun

Big Fat Bass is my jam.
The beat. The bass. Britneys hypnotic voice, the whole production...
Basically EVERYTHING is done perfectly in that track. It should've been a single.

Y'all can say what you want btw, I will remain unbothered
iNNiZFOccQBI2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom