• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
We need to find out if this is Banana tbh

idMKhtu2XUzWF.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think it should be ALL that needs to be said about Xtincta that she is by far the favourite artist of the BREEDERS in the thread (sorry nem I know you have better taste).

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
@TaraSavelo

nothing like watching @ladygaga in her waspy white sweater and brown hair write the hardest marijuana record of all time. #maryjaneholland

@ladygaga

@TaraSavelo well i was going for a more stoned disney princess kinda vibe. not so much?

@ladygaga

disney princess high RT @500daysofpaul omg describe ARTPOP in three words?! follow?:)

looks like Gaga's new alter ego is Mary Jane Holland

iUWI3pTMkbh9Y.gif

Zutroy

Chem exam are Thursdays at 7 PM and last two hours. Not sure exactly what time the concert is though, but the area where the concert would be is on the other side of town and would be minimum half an hour if I'm lucky/quick. Hopefully I can still make it but it's not ideal. What a buzzkill.

Wow, 7PM! I think the latest exam I've taken has been at 1PM =\

I don't think I'd be able to concentrate by that time of the day. Good luck with it!

royalan

Even if we enter the alternate reality where a label is under-reporting their artists' numbers, I'm still not seeing the requested receipts.

iGMAuofTcCU0I.gif

It's not called under-reporting. It's called not updating. And the receipts are valid. It's on Xtina's site but it's an official press release.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

xxczx

NEW MUSIC

You know how there's a total lack of any relevant or interesting males in the charts? Well let me introduce you POPGaf to Aiden Grimshaw. He's a former contestant on the UK X-Factor a few years ago known for his creepy intense performances. He exited from the show around mid-way and wasn't heard of again until this year when he released both of his singles Is This Love and Curtain Call although they didn't exactly set the charts on fire.

I've just listened to his album and it's really good, and I'm sure a few people here would like it too. He's kinda like the male version of Lana Del Rey and even did a few songs with some of her producers. Only criticism of the album is that it's all a bit similar, although does change the tempo a lot between songs.

Give it a listen!

Reviews:
Guardian
Yahoo
BBC
half way through the album now, impressed so far. (tbh only bought because he is from Blackpool). Definitely reminds me of Lana Del Rey, doubt we'll get anything after this album though.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Grimes seems to be a Nintendo fan

i can't believe how much japan sounded like Harvest moon for N64 - whoever did the sound design in that game did a great job

jigglypuff needs to put out more music

yahooFlutter.gif

And jigglypuff's song>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

039.gif
039.gif
039.gif
039.gif

half way through the album now, impressed so far. (tbh only bought because he is from Blackpool). Definitely reminds me of Lana Del Rey, doubt we'll get anything after this album though.

One of Lana's producers did work with him on this album. Maybe that's why.
Edit: oops. I see that the quote already says that. lol

Majmun

Dat gorgeous, wavy hair, how I've missed you so :-0

Also, new versions of the song:

Trouble - Studio (replaces Childish Gambino's rap with a better bridge IMO)

Trouble - Acoustic

Trouble - Acappella (STUNNING)

This channel has a bunch more versions that separate the different parts of the song for people to use when making their own remixes. Pretty awesome to hear how all the parts come together :-D

She looks gorgeous. *.*

Trouble is so awesome btw. Thanks for the links
The video should be great. Can't wait
ibqORCeMm6HDu1.gif

Zutroy

I'd say the second half is probably even better! If you got the deluxe version, the acoustic versions show off his voice really well too.

Koodo

Banned
It's not called under-reporting. It's called not updating. And the receipts are valid. It's on Xtina's site but it's an official press release.
Neaux. Reporting an outdated number that is lower than the actual is under-reporting. Unless you're referring to the date the statements were issued, in which case a 2010 press release is up to date for ha given the... circumstances.

The RCA tea - the only people with the bank receipts - remains hotter than the tea by dick clark production. And I'm still not seeing the requested receipts.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

royalan

Neaux. Reporting an outdated number that is lower than the actual is under-reporting. Unless you're referring to the date the statements were issued, in which case a 2010 press release is up to date for ha given the... circumstances.

The RCA tea - the only people with the bank receipts - remains hotter than the tea by dick clark production. And I'm still not seeing the requested receipts.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

I will trust the tea by the major production company that contracted her to do a show, and the official press release that was vetted by being posted on her official website.

Besides, it's not at all uncommon that labels don't update their info on their artists. Hell, before I even posted that I went to Beyonce's official page over at the Columbia Records website to make sure my tea was true, and the site still lists "I Am...Sasha Fierce" as Bey's most recent album!

Majmun

Besides, it's not at all uncommon that labels don't update their info on their artists. Hell, before I even posted that I went to Beyonce's official page over at the Columbia Records website to make sure my tea was true, and the site still lists "I Am...Sasha Fierce" as Bey's most recent album!

WTF indeed. What is this
i2GjRmmUow17v.gif

Clicked on the feedback button and asked them to update asap.

royalan

2Rzjv.gif
2Rzjv.gif
2Rzjv.gif
2Rzjv.gif

#ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT #ICANT

2Rzjv.gif
2Rzjv.gif
2Rzjv.gif
2Rzjv.gif

Those snippets sound AMAZING. And they put several fears to rest.

1) It doesn't sound like ANY OTHER Max Martin production that's been on the radio recently.
2) Christina is NOT blindly chasing the on-its-way-out-the-door Dance craze.
3) She sounds just a feisty and HER as ever.

What I love the most is the traces of R&B/Hip-Hop in its production. Christina has always sounded amazing
some would say better
on brassy Pop tracks with Hip-Hop influences (Dirrty, Can't Hold Us Down, Slow Down Baby). Trying my best to remove stan bias and I still have to say those snippets are more than a little promising. The SNIPPET slays SEVERAL ENTIRE SONGS CURRENTLY ON RADIO.

#SHESBACK
#STILLDIRRTY
#FIGHTERS

botty

Banned
Those snippets sound AMAZING. And they put several fears to rest.

1) It doesn't like ANY OTHER Max Martin production that's been on the radio recently.
2) Christina is NOT blindly chasing the on-its-way-out-the-door Dance craze.
3) She sounds just a feisty and HER as ever.

What I love the most is the traces of R&B/Hip-Hop in its production. Christina has always sounded amazing
some would say better
on brassy Pop tracks with Hip-Hop influences (Dirrty, Can't Hold Us Down, Slow Down Baby). Trying my best to remove stan bias and I still have to say those snippets are more than a little promising. The SNIPPET slays SEVERAL ENTIRE SONGS CURRENTLY ON RADIO.

#SHESBACK
#STILLDIRRTY
#FIGHTERS

ROY

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

I can't right now...

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Um how does this go again?

New page new blah blah

Xtina is coming to teach all the lessors to love their body. Wigs will be snatched, and bodies will be fucked.

#fuckyourbottyloveyourbotty2012worlddomination

Keep it cute, and flop free.

iIIN1RlF3xLxT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom