• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The only living pop legends:
Mariah Carey
The Hag (as much as I hate to say it)
Janet Jackson

Almost legends:

Beyonce
Britney
Xtina

Potential legends:

Lady Gaga
Rihanna

15 minutes almost over

Ke$ha
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj

No one cared anyway:

Demi Lovato
Locals Janet and Hewriah, pop legends? Gerl no.

Also you missed Aphrodylie.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
She has an impressive ability to make exciting, interesting pop sound like a middle of the road honk fest, I'll give her that.

Bladenic

Also you missed Aphrodylie.

Is this a serious post?

Oh wait, it's from your delusional self...

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

botty

Banned
Xtina to be honored for philanthropy.

Christina Aguilera has won multiple Grammys which have recognized her work in music, and soon, she will be recognized for her work in philanthropy.

The coach on NBC’s The Voice is set to receive the NCLR Special Achievement Award during the star-studded ALMA Awards ceremony that will be broadcast Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.

Eva Longoria and George Lopez will return as co-hosts of the annual affair that commemorates Hispanic Heritage Month.

Celebrity presenters will include: America Ferrera, Michael Pena, Nicole Richie and Wilmer Valderrama.

That's right, Xtina, exploit NBC for all they're worth~
fuckers cancelled heroes.

iHNAUuXed1rEC.gif

Peru

I never any of her stuff anywhere. Maybe I don't listen to enough urban radio? I didn't hear King of Hearts until someone played in the DJ room.

Most of it is just leaked or mixtape stuff or internet whatever. Several classic albums could be put together from unreleased Cassie leaks.

Mumei

... Excuse me?

I normally don't get into sales stanning, but this is beyond stupid. Local does not apply to someone who has sold 145 - 160+ million albums worldwide - depending on who is counting - and had between around 90 - 100 million of them sold outside of the United States. It certainly does not apply to someone who is the biggest selling female singer in Asia (well that might be foreign, but I digress; 18 million in Japan alone is nothing to sneeze at, though), top five in Europe (after Madonna, Celine, Whitney and Kylie), and third highest female singer in Australia. Of all time.

The only way in which she is local is if you consider her sales in recent years, which have been increasingly U.S.-centric (and Asia, to a lesser extent). It does not describe her career.

I mean, honestly, unless you're Nana or Madonna, you don't have any business calling Mariah local. She is more global than every other fave, and she was bigger in her biggest decade than any of your faves were in theirs. Sales are not where you get to come for her, especially not with the flops you are stanning for.

iZguUewB2J5eq.gif

(Neither is Janet, but I don't really know her numbers)

DMeisterJ

Banned
... Excuse me?

I normally don't get into sales stanning, but this is beyond stupid. Local does not apply to someone who has sold 145 - 160+ million albums worldwide - depending on who is counting - and had between around 90 - 100 million of them sold outside of the United States. It certainly does not apply to someone who is the biggest selling female singer in Asia (well that might be foreign, but I digress; 18 million in Japan alone is nothing to sneeze at, though), top five in Europe (after Madonna, Celine, Whitney and Kylie), and third highest female singer in Australia. Of all time.

The only way in which she is local is if you consider her sales in recent years, which have been increasingly U.S.-centric (and Asia, to a lesser extent). It does not describe her career.

I mean, honestly, unless you're Nana or Madonna, you don't have any business calling Mariah local. She is more global than every other fave, and she was bigger in her biggest decade than any of your faves were in theirs. Sales are not where you get to come for her, especially not with the flops you are stanning for.

iZguUewB2J5eq.gif

iQE9BBfSwsLmu.gif

... Excuse me?

iZguUewB2J5eq.gif

6a00d83451b8c369e2012876e905db970c-800wi

YASSS slap ha with dat truth vuvuzela!

Kyon

Banned
... Excuse me?

iZguUewB2J5eq.gif

#OOP

mariahsaindo.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Now I know when I'll be able to take a restroom break.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

I am just waiting on the confirmation of Lana's appearance to know when to take mine*

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

I love lana but I will not stand for this Ke$ha shade

*EDIT: I forgot the goat is performing, maybe I will need 2 breaks

DMeisterJ

Banned
I am just waiting on the confirmation of Lana's appearance to know when to take mine*

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

I love lana but I will not stand for this Ke$ha shade

*EDIT: I forgot the goat is performing, maybe I will need 2 breaks

Yes, we'll all need to take a break after Rih performs. She will slay.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

I see you stanning.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Is Local Del Rey even invited to any american award shows?

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

No comprendo esta sombra.

Local Del Rey implies more success in the US (Lana's home country) but Lana is more successful outside of America in several countries around the world.

Wouldn't being nominated for two VMA awards automatically invite her to the VMAs?

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom