• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I almost spilled my drink when I saw this post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41409123&postcount=77

I thought somebody considered the thief one of Humanity's icons
ibbyiJqsxg3IMH.gif

Bladenic

Only true icon is Shakira from all of our faves. She has done so much for the world. This aint even shade against Bey or Gaga or anyone, but Godkira is truly remarkable. Bless her.

Majmun

A cultural fad can't really be called one of Humanities Greatest icons, Marius.

Only longivety will bring that.

Lady Gaga was 23 when she started to become famous. Beyonce already sold almost 100mln records at that age, and she's still HERE.

I'd say Gaga is a legend/icon in the making. But nothing is sure.

botty

Banned

Lady Gaga was 23 when she started to become famous. Beyonce already sold almost 100mln records at that age, and she's still HERE.

b80efe23.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

yes Beyonce is still here releasing albums that get outsold by TTT and singles that dont chart
i9UY4vRv5eqkk.gif

Majmun

The only living pop legends:
Mariah Carey
The Hag (as much as I hate to say it)
Janet Jackson

Almost legends:

Beyonce
Britney
Xtina

Potential legends:

Lady Gaga
Rihanna

15 minutes almost over

Ke$ha
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj

No one cared anyway:

Demi Lovato

The only living pop legends:
Mariah Carey
The Hag (as much as I hate to say it)
Janet Jackson

Almost legends:

Beyonce
Britney
Xtina

Potential legends:

Lady Gaga
Rihanna

15 minutes almost over

Ke$ha
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj

No one cared anyway:

Demi Lovato
I think Katy Perry's longevity is already pretty impressive.

She somehow averted one-hit wonder status with "I Kissed a Girl" and has since only been on the rise. For better or worse, I don't think she'll burn out anytime soon.

She somehow averted one-hit wonder status with "I Kissed a Girl" and has since only been on the rise. For better or worse, I don't think she'll burn out anytime soon.
She'll burn out as her looks fade- not just because she lacks talent, but because she doesn't have the creativity of someone like Madonna or the narrative of Britney Spears to make people care about her music as time goes by. Especially now that she wants to make a "dark" album without Dr. Luke turning her angst into hooks...not sure if people are gonna be checking for that from the princess of lollipops and gumdrops.

Majmun

My rule is that someone has to have at least three succesful albums out.

Katy Perry has been an impressive singles artist so far tho. But I want to see how she'll do without Dr Luke.

Trigger

Idol wants a new panel to draw in us young people. There's been rumors about Glambert, a Jonas brother, Minaj, Miley, etc. I could see that figure being legitimate.

Kyon

Banned
Beyonce, Britney, and Christina are already legends, though.
b80efe23.gif

Godney cemented her spot as Princess of Pop. As did Xtina (Pop princess #2). Beyonce is a damn legend too. They all been in the game the same time and made an impact in the industry. Not being delusional but Britney did have more of an impact in the late 90's/early 2000's more than anyone and led the Pop explosion lets be real here :p.

Yup no lies spotted.

royalan

Godney cemented her spot as Princess of Pop. As did Xtina (Pop princess #2). Beyonce is a damn legend too. They all been in the game the same time and made an impact in the industry. Not being delusional but Britney did have more of an impact in the late 90's/early 2000's more than anyone and led the Pop explosion lets be real here :p.

Yup no lies spotted.

Yep, no lies spotted.

But you know who REALLY won in the Pop Explosion:

7Slg5.jpg

I mean, look at this picture...

zSTzx.jpg

4 of the people in this photo (plus a few not pictured) went on to become international superstars.

Kinda makes you feel bad for the 3 that didn't....lol

Majmun

WTFFFF, DID I MISS A BRITNEY THEMED DJ FEST???!!!
ibbh3FWQ8AxNgw.gif

I mean, look at this picture...

zSTzx.jpg

4 of the people in this photo (plus a few not pictured) went on to become international superstars.

Whoa, never knew Ryan Gosling was a mouseketeer. This is new to me O_O

That show spawned some serious celebrities.

Icicle

I love Katy B a whole lot. Such a great debut album. But I might be seeing some storm clouds, girls...

She just premiered a new song of hers called "What You Here For". The problem is that she's pulling a COMPLETE "Who Runs The World" here. I don't mean to say she made a flop female anthem, but her song is using THE MASSIVE DANCE SMASH from less than a year ago and adding her own vocals to it. To be fair, she's not calling the song her own, and she's making herself the featured artist on it, but it's awfully basic to try recycling something that people aren't done with.

Disclosure: I don't know the song she's using, it's likely a UK-centric track, but she hasn't exactly broken out of the UK either where she could get away with something like that, so her own countrymen can and currently are dragging her for it, and the song hasn't even been released.

Mosca Feat. Katy B -- What You Came For

It does sound hot though, Katy B will always deliver on that front.

Artemisia

Banned
I love Katy B a whole lot. Such a great debut album. But I might be seeing some storm clouds, girls...

She just premiered a new song of hers called "What You Here For". The problem is that she's pulling a COMPLETE "Who Runs The World" here. I don't mean to say she made a flop female anthem, but her song is using THE MASSIVE DANCE SMASH from less than a year ago and adding her own vocals to it. To be fair, she's not calling the song her own, and she's making herself the featured artist on it, but it's awfully basic to try recycling something that people aren't done with.

Disclosure: I don't know the song she's using, it's likely a UK-centric track, but she hasn't exactly broken out of the UK either where she could get away with something like that, so her own countrymen can and currently are dragging her for it, and the song hasn't even been released.

Mosca Feat. Katy B -- What You Came For

It does sound hot though, Katy B will always deliver on that front.

another (the only other?) katy b stan

;_;

EDIT: holy shit omg it's fire

EDIT2: IF YOU AIN'T MOVIN, TELL ME WHAT YOU CAME FORRRRR

;_________;

EDIT3: Her vocals are incredible as usual. there's something about her voice that is just so fucking appealing.

Icicle

another (the only other?) katy b stan

;_;

EDIT: holy shit omg it's fire

EDIT2: IF YOU AIN'T MOVIN, TELL ME WHAT YOU CAME FORRRRR

;_________;

What about your body tho?? hew cares nemore. this a TRU JAM.

This sounds like a beat Azealia Banks would use imo, but I'm glad Katy B beat ha.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Mosca himself endorsed the Katy B rework of the track (originally "Bax") and it's no secret at all that she's using an existing song, so it's really a non-issue. It's not going to be on her second album or anything, this is just a quickie for the fans.

Bladenic

DP but I don't care.

Shakira has a new playlist on Spotify. She has some great Spanish language songs, then some great artists like Radiohead, MGMT, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Billy Idol, David Bowie, The Cure and even Nine Inch Nails. What stands out to me the most? Mr. Brightside by The Killers.

The Latin Goddess has such flawless taste. Bless her. She's coming to prevent your untalented faves from having any success (at least worldwide lol). They tried tho.

115436_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom