• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Clarkson covers Kings of Leon's Cold Desert. I don't know if anyone is here for Kings of Leon but I'm just posting this because it's one of my fave covers she's done.

The last minute...that rasp, that emotion... #crie

25s6gli.gif

royalan

LMAO!

That is such a BULLSHIT excuse.

Madge, U on a WOOORLD TOOOUR
(Outrageous, let's be it, girl)
, that's going to practically every OTHER part of the world. But when it's time to go Down Under THAT'S when your mommy instincts start to kick in?

And side eye @ "My daughter's getting ready to leave home soon...she's almost turning 16."

Why what she just admit the real reason she won't go back to Australia?

Box jellyfish.

Kelly Clarkson covers Kings of Leon's Cold Desert. I don't know if anyone is here for Kings of Leon but I'm just posting this because it's one of my fave covers she's done.

The last minute...that rasp, that emotion... #crie

25s6gli.gif
Didn't watch this till now. *cries with crumpet* That was so beautiful, omg. Kelly knows how to make me get goosebumps when she sings live.

Wait, Nemesis is a bear? :O Not only does he need to come back, he needs to post pics!

HOLY SHIT

How was Leona able to hit those final notes so effortlessly, even while smiling and such? And so much belting power and emotion gerl, our Floating Creator spent a little extra time on her ;_;

;_; Brilliant performance ;_;

royalan

HOLY SHIT

How was Leona able to hit those final notes so effortlessly, even while smiling and such? And so much belting power and emotion gerl, our Floating Creator spent a little extra time on her ;_;

;_; Brilliant performance ;_;

I was expecting something impressive. She's not even belting here. Frankly, it would have been embarrassing if she couldn't hold those notes.

Wk9Bi.gif

I was expecting something impressive. She's not even belting here. Frankly, it would have been embarrassing if she couldn't hold those notes.

Wk9Bi.gif
If your definition of "belting" is constipated shouting or "taking it to church" you might be right. Fortunately, the power of one's voice isn't commensurate with the amount of hand-flailing or artificial reverb applied.

She looked so relaxed and effortless that you have to listen to the video instead of watching to appreciate it.

*bow*

Satch

Banned
If your definition of "belting" is constipated shouting or "taking it to church" you might be right. Fortunately, the power of one's voice isn't commensurate with the amount of hand-flailing or artificial reverb applied.

She looked so relaxed and effortless that you have to listen to the video instead of watching to appreciate it.

*bow*

in the immortal words of crumpet and koodo:

"kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

royalan

*bow*

My definition of "belting" as I'm applying it to Leona in this video is the ability to even be heard over the music. She's not employing substantial volume and she's barely projecting. Not to mention it's not like she's going for an F5 or something.

That was a very basic performance. No shade. I just don't see what was so "Holy Shit!" about it. Now, if she were doing the "Bleeding Love" finale while cheesing and hugging her adorable aunt, I'd be right there with you.

botty

Banned
I wasn't even being shady. When ever I managed to hear Leona's vocals in that performance they sounded soft and beautiful. I didn't see any power, or belting, though.
b80efe23.gif

Kyon

Banned
8BF66D2A-C4AE-494C-BF82-B2362C5AC07E-746-0000005EE67293D6.jpg

Now officially as of 2 minutes ago every single one of my fave follows me. Goodbye world I can die happy

#YouCouldNEVER
#WeBadUMad
#PoorDat Neaux1curr

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Kyon

Banned
Eh.. Well ... She did follow me in 09 but I blocked her by accident LMFAO.. I'm still considering it a follow tho since there's no chance in hell she will follow again.

NEVERTHELESS all the OTHERS have BLESSEDT MY TIMELINE and ya'll shall

#SEETHE

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Eh.. Well ... She did follow me in 09 but I blocked her by accident LMFAO.. I'm still considering it a follow tho since there's no chance in hell she will follow again.

NEVERTHELESS all the OTHERS have BLESSEDT MY TIMELINE and ya'll shall

#SEETHE

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

I am seething.

Rih doesn't follow me on Twitter.

But I don't really tweet her anyway

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

THIS WEEK IN POP.
(August 26, 2012)

--------------------------------------------------------
Previously:
August 11, 2012
August 19, 2012

Ciara- Livin' It Up. Written by the fabulous Wynter Gordon. I know you all don't seem to like the song, but I think it's cute enough. Not amazing enough to get me to download it, not horrid enough to get me to change the station if it ever comes on the radio. (´ー`)┌

Leona Lewis- Trouble (feat. Childish Gambino). I'm not familiar with Leona's deep cuts but this song seems like a step forward in terms of her singles. I could do without the Gambino intrusion, but it's a nice enough song. (´ー`)┌
MNDR- Feed Me Diamonds. Well, #1 In Heaven is a fun song... (´ー`)┌

Christina Aguilera- Your Body (leaked). I can't find a link but I am sure you have all heard iT by now. It's about what I expected from a Max Martin-penned Xtina song in 2012. (´ー`)┌

The xx- Coexist (leaked). One of the albums of the year just leaked, do yourself a favor and find it and listen to it. I don't think it's quite as 'poppy' as the first album but it's still an admirable evolution. (´ー`)┌

Nicki thanks you for reading.

ibdecUgrfstZLX.gif

Bladenic

I'm on my flop phone but Kyon does Godkira follow you? She doesn't really follow anyone tho sometimes I don't even know if it's really her using it. But if she did I would seethe. Don't care about the rest tbh.

Kyon

Banned
I'm on my flop phone but Kyon does Godkira follow you? She doesn't really follow anyone tho sometimes I don't even know if it's really her using it. But if she did I would seethe. Don't care about the rest tbh.

nope. She's flaw free but not one of my main faves.

Christopher

The only living pop legends:
Mariah Carey
The Hag (as much as I hate to say it)
Janet Jackson

Almost legends:

Beyonce
Britney
Xtina

Potential legends:

Lady Gaga
Rihanna