• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Rih coming owt of a recording studio in the UK.

I like that she only records in the UK now. Get that UK producers love Rih!!

aug31-london.jpg

I have the sneakers she is wearing.

syNmb.gif

Bladenic

The only good looking one is Zayn imo, and that's because he seems less twinkish than the rest. I guess Liam too but idk why he just looks kind of weird somehow.

Artemisia

Banned
LAWD that gif. I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME AGNSHNECG

Oh I've been listening to Ceremonials these past few days and decided my favorite song is All This And Heaven Too. So beautiful. Your faves can't.

mhmmm indeed it is amazing. i am pretty sure everyone who has listened to Ceremonials here enjoyed it.

florence deserves more love here than she gets tbh

Bladenic

mhmmm indeed it is amazing. i am pretty sure everyone who has listened to Ceremonials here enjoyed it.

florence deserves more love here than she gets tbh

I mean, she sells well and gets great critical reception so it's not like she's a struggle like other faves tbh.

Styles

Tbh he gave me reductive Adam Levine teas on the video...

And while we're on the subject, the video was a total let down. The inclusion of her furry bandmates were unnecessary.

It would have been a non-grating, perfectly good MV if they were not there to hog the screen every 20 seconds or so.

Mau ®

And while we're on the subject, the video was a total let down. The inclusion of her furry bandmates were unnecessary.

It would have been a non-grating, perfectly good MV if they were not there to hog the screen every 20 seconds or so.

Eh. I thought it was a cute video.

But she hasnt had a GREAT video since the Fearless era tbh. Well I LOVED the "Safe & Sound" video but it was released to little fanfare and didnt have much impact.

Jitters

That new Sky Ferreira song is extremely catchy. Too rarely do I hear slow poppy-dance songs like this. Really hopeful towards the ep.

THIS WEEK IN POP.
(September 2, 2012)

--------------------------------------------------------
Previously:
August 11, 2012
August 19, 2012
August 26, 2012

No Doubt (feat. Busy Signal and Major Lazer)- 'Push and Shove'. It took a while for this song to grow on me, but damn, did it grow on me. I love the complete sonic disparity between the lyrically clever ska-pop verses and the booming dubstep-lite chorus; it really highlights Diplo's strengths as a pop producer. The album comes out on the 18th, and if the two singles are any indication, it should be a very nice comeback.

Sky Ferreira (feat. Blood Orange)- 'Everything is Embarrassing.' New song from her upcoming EP, Ghost. Sky claims that this is "not [her] new sound...whatever that means," which kind of contradicts her previous statements about how Ghost would be the "real" Sky Ferreira. I just hope the girl figures everything out sooner or later because I expect nothing but greatness from her debut album.

Calvin Harris (feat. Florence Welch)- 'Sweet Nothing.' I enjoy this song more than the usual Calvin Harris song but less than the usual Florence + the Machine song. There's my two cents.

Agnes- 'All I Want Is You.' Latest song from the Swedish darling. Her album, Veritas, is released on September 5th in Sweden.

Everything Everything- 'Cough Cough.' It's weird and British and turns the sound of coughing into a melody. I thought some of y'all might be interested!

And here are some albums that released last week- I haven't listened to them but I'd feel wrong excluding them from any sort of weekend wrap-up.

Lady Gaga thanks you for reading.

ibek3kQGNcXRaL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom