• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I see what you did there.

znC30.jpg

I still have to go download Push and Shove. Sweet Nothing was about what I expected from a Calvin Harris/Florence combo. I wasn't too blown away but it is good. As for Sky, I knew her EP songs were going to be stranger than usual but I don't mind since her album will probably be very different.

royalan

I don't see it for Sky.

Honestly, the true tea is this album was supposed to come out years ago, and every time she's asked about the delay she responds along the lines of "I needed to live my life Bla Bla Bla"

Frankly, I think she's another Teyana Taylor - i.e. talks a lot of shit but doesn't do the real work to get a career off the ground.

She'll do singing/modeling/acting long enough to marry rich. I don't think her "album" will ever see the light of day.

B-Dex

Just got back from Wynter Gordon....

WHAT A HACK. She came out sang 2 songs, forgot the lyrics to the next one and then finished it off with some random remix the dj had.....

3 songs.

yeah...

Screw that.

ecurbj

She is getting very much more explicit, mature. I'm liking this approach from her. I will definitely be picking up her new album 'RED' when it releases.

ecurbj

Well first because I hate the lead single, and then because there's a dubstep track on there... Need I say more? Will wait to see what people say, and then I MIGHT listen lol.
Okay. Please don't give up on her. I haven't listened to her new single. So I don't know if it's good or not. She will sing it at the VMAs so that's when I will no whether it's worthwhile or not.

taylor-swift-red.jpg

#Taylord

Bladenic

Okay. Please don't give up on her. I haven't listened to her new single. So I don't know if it's good or not. She will sing it at the VMAs so that's when I will no whether it's worthwhile or not.

taylor-swift-red.jpg

#Taylord

How have you heard that song yet? Go listen and then come back lol

ecurbj

How have you heard that song yet? Go listen and then come back lol
I don't want to. I hate listening to tracks off an album that I want to pick up. When I get the CD, then I will have to skip over it because I played it to much. That's what happened with Both Of Us by B.o.B featuring my girl Swift.

I will check it out at the VMAs.

botty

Banned
PETA on Rihanna and Lady Gaga:

"Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady Gaga seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at."

Are you laughing at Gaga and Rihanna as much as PETA is?

ibiCD4hlVd9cON.gif

Artemisia

Banned
YOU CAN WORK IT…
GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT
WHEN YOU SMOOTH OPERATE
CAN YOU COME OUT AND PLAY?
MAKE MY TIC TALK

ohHKG.gif

STEP UP TO THE PLATE
NO UNDERESTIMATE
NO NEVER PLAY IT SAFE
NO RELAX

ohHKG.gif

YOU WORK IT HARD (YOU WORK IT)
BOY YOU GOT ME GOOD
HOW YOU PUSH AND SHOVE (PUSH AND SHOVE)
OOH BOY YOU’RE HUSTLIN’ ME

tumblr_m9lm33o1K81qifcyp.gif

this song is taking over my life

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If any of you are looking for good pop collections btw, the Kitsuné collections are great.

Just Spotify kitsune and flick through the album results at the top right

I'm listening to Kitsuné America right now and it's great

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I bought the entire Uncharted trilogy today. Hopefully something interesting in Pop will occur before I finish it.

i17QZ7Gjv3ARc.gif

I did that a couple of weeks ago and nothing interesting happened in pop before I finished it a couple of days ago.

Artemisia

Banned
So after a whopping SEVENTY-EIGHT WEEKS in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 200, 21 has finally dropped out of the top 10 and will chart at 12 this week.

2: Number of albums that have spent a longer time in the Top 10 than 21, according to SoundScan. Those albums? Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A. (84 weeks) and "The Sound of Music" soundtrack (109 weeks).

20: Number of consecutive weeks 21 sold more than 100,000 copies, from September 4, 2011 to January 15, 2012. It dipped to (only) 95,000 copies the following week, then reeled off a stretch of an additional 11 weeks of six-digit sales, highlighted by a record-setting post-Grammy haul of nearly 730,000 albums sold.

45: Number of other albums that have held the #1 spot on the Billboard chart during 21's run in the Top 10.

68: Weeks after its release that 21 managed to grab the #1 spot on the chart, the 24th time it accomplished the feat. Over the course of its 78 weeks in the Top 10, 21 has also had runs of five and 10 consecutive weeks at #1.

24,002: Number of copies 21 sold this week, its lowest figure since being released. Of course, that number is only 20,000 less than Cake's Showroom of Compassion, which holds the record for lowest-selling record to open at #1 in the Nielsen SoundScan era.

3,900,000: Number of copies 21 has sold in 2012, to date.

5,800,000: Number of copies 21 sold in 2011.

430,000,000: Total number of all albums sold in 2011 and 2012 ... 23 percent of which have been copies of 21.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692914/adele-billboard-top-10-albums.jhtml

Also, let's not forget that Adele cleaned up at pretty much every relevant awards show picking up many album of the year and song of the year awards.

Adelegend ripped our faves apart.

tumblr_m2y51rJWuy1r2q3ha.gif

Milchjon

So after a whopping SEVENTY-EIGHT WEEKS in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 200, 21 has finally dropped out of the top 10 and will chart at 12 this week.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692914/adele-billboard-top-10-albums.jhtml

Also, let's not forget that Adele cleaned up at pretty much every relevant awards show picking up many album of the year and song of the year awards.

Adelegend ripped our faves apart.

tumblr_m2y51rJWuy1r2q3ha.gif

Wait, am I misreading the last line? She didn't really sell about 100 million copies?

Edit: Wiki says 22 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom