• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So after a whopping SEVENTY-EIGHT WEEKS in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 200, 21 has finally dropped out of the top 10 and will chart at 12 this week.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692914/adele-billboard-top-10-albums.jhtml

Also, let's not forget that Adele cleaned up at pretty much every relevant awards show picking up many album of the year and song of the year awards.

Adelegend ripped our faves apart.

tumblr_m2y51rJWuy1r2q3ha.gif

So you're saying that 21 is ... MIA?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Took a break from Uncharted 1 to watch...

Yawn. The Video was boring compared to 212 and Liquorice. Even the Van Vogue video was better, and that put me to sleep. Hopefully she slays with the Este Noche vid.

I just wasn't impressed.

ibbKcle73UcQdx.gif

I completely disagree with this assessment.

Mau ®

RihALLAH performed with GODplay last night for the Mylo Xyloto Tour stop in Paris, which was filmed for a DVD release.

She performed Princess of China AND Umbrella with them.

You can watch the Umbrella performance HERE.

I think ya'll can agRIH she gave a good vocal during Umbrella. Havent seen Princess of China tho...

Mau ®

Princess of China is such a meh song. I love everyone involved, but I can't get into the song itself.

I agRIH tbh.

I only LOVE the part when the tempo picks up and Rihanna starts singing the lines "I could've been a princess, you could've been a king...".

I dont know if that's the chorus of the song but it could've been done twice. Instead the song just drops dead after that imo.

royalan

RihALLAH performed with GODplay last night for the Mylo Xyloto Tour stop in Paris, which was filmed for a DVD release.

She performed Princess of China AND Umbrella with them.

You can watch the Umbrella performance HERE.

I think ya'll can agRIH she gave a good vocal during Umbrella. Havent seen Princess of China tho...

That really was a great rendition of Umbrella. And she surprised the hell out of me when she went up an extra step during the big note in the bridge. She should record it if she hasn't already.

Kibbles

I won't, because I abhore the single. But she's becoming hot.

She said it's the only song like that on the album. Obvious considering who she worked with it was just a fun catchy pop song, she can be allowed to smash radio and gain attention again. She hasn't got much play on radio besides the BoB Collab. Even though Safe & Sound was one of my favs :S. She's working with people like Ed Sheeran and Foster the People on the album as well. And boo to you, I can't wait to hear the tay-step song, don't knock it till you hear it! Taylor just described it as bass-heavy and this jeff dude on twitter who hears all the songs said it's "pop-step". It's not like she's going to be jammin with Skrillex beats. Jeff described it more as an inverse of Both of Us, which isn't dubstep at all. (He's reliable btw, he gave lyrics and talked all about WANEGBT well before it's release)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Geez it's so slow in here. This thread has been STRUGGLING lately. ;__;

iiWwCe8cMnYZ4.gif

The thread is merely reflecting the current pop music industry. Struggles all abound. We haven't had a #NAVY vs Xtina stans fight in a few weeks, but that's well-treaded ground at this point.

Trigger

That really was a great rendition of Umbrella. And she surprised the hell out of me when she went up an extra step during the big note in the bridge. She should record it if she hasn't already.

So will everyone stop dragging Rih for her vocals now?
bhuHH.gif

Kibbles

Okay. Please don't give up on her. I haven't listened to her new single. So I don't know if it's good or not. She will sing it at the VMAs so that's when I will no whether it's worthwhile or not.

http://www.countryweekly.com/sites/countryweekly.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/taylor-swift-red.jpg[./img]

#Taylord[/QUOTE]

This article says she is performing a new song off the album - [url]http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1693055/taylor-swift-video-music-awards-performance-nervous.jhtml[/url]

Mau ®

I'm 95% sure Taylor Swift will get the #1 on the Hot 100 again next week. Its kept its #1 position on digital sales effortlessly AND has had a good, steady radio performance.

It has surpassed all my expectations at this point. I expected it to fall off drastically after the first week tbh. But its overcome the rolling effect and people are loving the song.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Just watched the Taylor vid. It was good until the furries popped up. They totally killed it for me.

iYccmd94mGFWt.gif

Who are they trying to appeal to with that mess?

Kibbles

Just watched the Taylor vid. It was good until the furries popped up. They totally killed it for me.

iYccmd94mGFWt.gif

Who are they trying to appeal to with that mess?

lol
Taylor explained the video on the premier with MTV that it's supposed to be as quirky as the song is, so that's why there is like sweater pattern on the walls and woodland creatures and all this junk. *shrug*. I guess they were also there to distract the camera onto them while Taylor got changed for the next scene. Others have suggested it's also a play off Jake G in Donnie Darko (I actually haven't seen the movie :S) where apparently he's followed by a humanoid rabbit?

Aguila

#ICONIC
lol
Taylor explained the video on the premier with MTV that it's supposed to be as quirky as the song is, so that's why there is like sweater pattern on the walls and woodland creatures and all this junk. *shrug*. I guess they were also there to distract the camera onto them while Taylor got changed for the next scene. Others have suggested it's also a play off Jake G in Donnie Darko (I actually haven't seen the movie :S) where apparently he's followed by a humanoid rabbit?

I see. I didn't notice that it was a one-take video. Well at least there was this to counteract the strange animal people

tumblr_m9os695MkX1qb7fx6o2_250.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
right, I felt embarrassed watching it.
They should have at least showed more of that guy

It's like the video was trying to appeal to 2 year olds, the gays, the straights, the teens, the pervy elderly and everything in between all at the same time.

It didn't quite pull it off tho. Try again next time Taylor.

i41tw6ugwAvVt.gif

Mau ®

Haters can stay pressed at the video. The song will get another week at #1 on the Hot 100. Your faves keep trying tho... lol

royalan

I gotta say, I'm really loving Alecia Keys' styling this era.

She's always had a bit of tomboyishness about her. Nice to see her playing it up and glamorizing it.

Koodo

Banned
NEW PAGE, NEW NEWS:

X FACTOR USA PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 12 @ 8PM EST/PST on FOX

TUNE IN! Nothing else of worth is happening that week. (´ー`)┌

---

Ain't it grand? Best thing we ever got out of Final Fantasy Versus 13 aka Final Fantasy Vaporware 13

i74P01UdDwr4Y.gif
I am deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom