• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
12 million viewers for The Voice yesterday

this should be easy to beat
ibeK9nciuMkyBg.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So about the same amount of people watched the S1 debut of X-factor, as they did for S3 debut of the Voice.
b80efe23.gif

But this was the lowest season premier for The Voice while the X-Factor will gain audience as The Voice continues to decrease in ratings

you tried tho
iYk9Wgo6wiz9o.gif

botty

Banned
Why do Nicki Minaj songs keep popping up every time someone picks Christina Aguilera on the voice...

Is Xtina dropping hints.

ijd2aXqx7R5W.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is my second time watching The Voice and I think I see the problem

too many ugly contestants, I know its about their voice but really you need cute people there for people to tune in to watch their hotness and vote for them

not here for struggles
ifTOW3Fmzvwi8.gif

This is my second time watching The Voice and I think I see the problem

too many ugly contestants, I know its about their voice but really you need cute people there for people to tune in to watch their hotness and vote for them

not here for struggles
Well, if it's hot contestants you like...

60HYK.gif

...You're watching the wrong show.

Kyon

Banned
The reason no one that has won is relevant or has a career is because they don't have the XFACTOR not talking about the show. I'm talking about in general. This is why the concept of the voice is great on paper but the end result is just idk... People always say its about your voice at the end of the day but 99% of what goes into being a full fledged pop tart is stage presence/looks/talent combined

botty

Banned
The Voice is a boring show, aside from the battles rounds imo.

I only watch for Xtina.

X Factor has a better edit for drama, and entertainment.

I didn't watch it last year, but didn't The Voice stretch out its audition rounds for like seven years or something? That probably wasn't the wisest of decisions.

OMG X-Factor tomorrow!

tumblr_lx5acu3ibO1qmdavgo5_250.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The reason no one that has won is relevant or has a career is because they don't have the XFACTOR not talking about the show. I'm talking about in general. This is why the concept of the voice is great on paper but the end result is just idk... People always say its about your voice at the end of the day but 99% of what goes into being a full fledged pop tart is stage presence/looks/talent combined

Yep.

The industry is full of people who sing worse than those who win these shows but go on to have actual careers. Singing ability should be present, but it's low on the totem pole, well behind looks, stage presence, marketability, and likability.

Icicle

It should come as a shock to absolutely no one that ish bout to get REAL ugly up in dis thread by the end of the week. An untold number of gurls will certainly perish in the imminent civil war about to ravage this place; With so many forces on either side, including: Stan Special Ops, Shade Snipers, Tactical Tea Squads, Basic Battalions, Hew-licopter Flop Drop Support, and Kommander Kyon, absolutely no wig is safe.

The tension in the thread has been steadily building for some time, and at any time now one side could strike (with) the first post. However, in these last few moments of peace, while we're all still
kinda
friends, I propose we do not contemplate our bald and bloody scalps, but instead come together as POPGAF sistren in the most wonderful kiki!

I am hosting it this evening in the Plug DJ room at 9:30 PM PST (GMT -7), and I hope you can all come!

www.plug.dj/pop-gaf
www.plug.dj/pop-gaf
www.plug.dj/pop-gaf

----

I have a very special DJ playlist lined up for you gorls tonight, if you'll grant me a little bit of solo time.

As we all know, stanning is very srs bsnss. However, I hope that we can put our allegiances and pride aside for a little while and kiiiiiii together as most of our faves experience being in the hot seat.

All of the videos in the playlist adhere to the same 'theme', and it wouldn't really work if the videos were just rotated between other people's songs, hence my request for solo time. I estimate the run-time if I were to play every video to be about 40 minutes, however, I'm not planning to do so, instead playing the videos that the room seems to want. The videos are mostly quite short, 1.5 to 2.5 minutes each, so there's plenty of variety in the set. If it's clear after a few videos that nobody is checking for them, I'll gladly take a seat. On the other hand, if you gerls are liking the playlist, after I've played some stuff to start, I have no problem sharing or giving the DJ stand with/to people who will keep the video theme going until the room decides we're over it.

In short, I'm asking that you gurls respect my request for 10-ish minutes as the sole DJ. After that, I'll leave it up to room consensus as to whether or not to play more or stop there.

ip54nJQLu8xLC.gif

The BLOODLUST has become SO PALPABLE the past few pages, but Kim and some gerls here can #STAYTHIRSTY, because it ain't happening tonight.

Icicle

I'm totally open to a different time, if you gurls demand it. It just seems like the time between 9:30-11:00 PM (PST, Pacific Superior Time, tbh) is the most active, so I just picked a time to start within that range.

What would be a better time for ya'll? Hoping to hear back from more than just two people. I'll try to be as accommodating as I can, but I gotta know what hours work for you.

I'm totally open to a different time, if you gurls demand it. It just seems like the time between 9:30-11:00 PM (PST, Pacific Superior Time, tbh) is the most active, so I just picked a time to start within that range.

What would be a better time for ya'll? Hoping to hear back from more than just two people. I'll try to be as accommodating as I can, but I gotta know what hours work for you.

Are you able to do it right now? There's a few people in the room already.

Aguila

#ICONIC

That's 12:30 EST. It's a bit late for me especially since I have a test tomorrow .__.
I might stay up studying lol. I'll probably be there listening if you keep that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom