• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

You dont have to go to ATRL to find receipts of Arte:

1) Stanning for Rih
2) Watching the vma's
3) Crying about MIA losing VOTY weeks after the fact

kiiiiiiiiiii sorry arte sis. But you should be more consistent in your act. ;)

All these New York GIFs inspired me to research where she is now after all these years.

SHOCK. She's ditched the weave and classed it up.

GtSmM.jpg
Maybe some of you UNEDUCATED hussies should follow her lead
bhuHH.gif

Also, idk why but I'm really excited for Leona's album. Trouble was alright but not great, and I still love Collide. Sucks to hear Collide will only be on the Deluxe edition, but oh well. Any word on when the album will be released in America? Maybe she's mounting a huge campaign to try and break back in this market.
Leona's problem is that she has a lot of ground to gain back in the US. Spirit had a six month gap between the UK and US releases, which allowed her to strategically manage the album's promo.

And obviously it paid off ("Bleeding Love" was the US #1 digital track in 2008 and "Better In Time" was in the top 15). That is, until she decided to release "Run" in the UK (which ended up being her fourth #1 there and her 2nd biggest but longest-lasting Euro hit overall) but not in the US. So while she continued to slay souls in Europe, she basically capped off her initial success in the US with a bizarre, long, and wintry drought.

Echo was a simultaneous release, so she tried to do everything at once but failed due to the lackluster lead single and her inexplicable decision not to use "I See You" (Avatar's theme song) to her advantage by even releasing it as a digital single. After "Happy" flopped in the US, Syco did what it always does and totally put the brakes on all future singles, which is why the album's best material ultimately ended up wasted.

And so here we are, with an album that by all accounts is leaps and bounds beyond anything she's ever done quality-wise. I sense the decision to lag the US album behind the UK release was a consequence of her last era's failings, but we'll see if Syco is serious or just content with milking One Direction for their remaining 15 minutes.

/rant

Bladenic

I always have to do a double take when people refer to Artemisia as a guy. Based on his name, all his avis, and the things he says, I always thought of him as a girl. Like this is how I picture Arte

tumblr_ldfx9eYETX1qex40do1_500.gif

No offense tho sis <3

Bladenic

That cover is plain nasty. Like it just looks like Pink's about to take a giant shit. Or maybe pee. Hm, wonder if Gaga saw this cover before she decided it would be artful to pee in a bucket.

tumblr_lump3zKzDw1qzj35b.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Just leave Arte alone

leave-britney-alone_o_gifsoup-1-com.gif

Especially now that she has a Lykke Li avitar*. I'm in love with ha

ib0Xt3uQfOA7Aq.gif

*this is how I will spell "avatar" from now on. Thank you Cher.

Bladenic

Just leave Arte alone

leave-britney-alone_o_gifsoup-1-com.gif

Especially now that she has a Lykke Li avatar. I'm in love with ha

ib0Xt3uQfOA7Aq.gif

I really need to listen to Wounded Rhymes. I listened to I Follow River (magician remix) today for the first time in a while and I was re-slayed all over again. So amazing.

DMeisterJ

Banned
How long will I have to keep rereading this phrase
iezwK9Q671Kjm.gif

Only until Lotus flops and then the phrase becomes used to shade Xtina until the next era. So a few years at least.

http://youtu.be/QQTPIgKS0x0

the American Idol gifs can begin

I see Nicki didn't deny the feud. Mariah took the lead and made sure she didn't look like the bad guy.

I'm buying the feud thing. Mariah is shady, if

icjtTCtHUZr4V.gif

is any indication

Mau ®

So Rihanna's Talk That Talk is the most pirated album of 2012...

Rihanna's Talk That Talk was the most-pirated album in the world in the first half of 2012, according to new data which you can read in-depth here.

Musicmetric's inaugural Digital Music Index studies the extent of illegal file-sharing across the UK and the rest of the world in the six months to end of Jun 2012.

The research covers music file-sharing patterns via BitTorrent over the six month period. finding that illegal-filesharing topped 33 million albums and 10 million singles in the UK.

The Top 20 albums downloaded in the UK in the first 6 months of 2012 by total torrent downloads during the entire first six months of 2012:

Ed Sheeran - + (Plus)
Rizzle Kicks - Stereo Typical
Rihanna - Talk That Talk
Jessie J - Who You Are
Olly Murs - In Case You Didn't Know

Top 20 global artist releases by BitTorrent download for first half of 2012:

1 Rihanna - Talk That Talk (1,228,313)

2 Billy Van - The Cardigan (1,017,502)

3 Adele - 21 (990,046)

4 Gotye - Making Mirrors (903,603)

5 Drake - Take Care (860,472)

ch...

Mumei

I don't understand. I thought they were friends before?

Regardless even if they don't like each other I don't think they would talk about it in an interview lol

I was under the impression that they were friends and that Mariah liked her. She did ask to collaborate with her on the (admittedly boring as shit) Up Out My Face back in 2009, and they have said nice things about each other repeatedly since then.

*shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom