• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to stand with Sister Marius_ in that Glee is better than Parks and Recs. Decent covers of good songs help too.
tumblr_lyc6zyBgpA1r998owo1_500.gif

Bladenic

Look at the vulgar display of lesser programming on this page.

ijb7Z7KxWvNtt.gif

Sis we all know nothing can compare to God Men, but given the fact that there's half a dog's lifetime in between seasons we have to find other amazing programming in between.

And trigger... nooooooo not you too. I cannot deal

royalan

I should have clarified that its extends beyond pop cliches and more everything about everything.

You weren't around when Xtina fans were dragging Mariah TMB and Migrate for singles simplistically lyrical content?

You weren't around for when Xtina fans said she'd never stop to the levels of these other pop stars, utilizing big-name, current producers to create pop hits?

Or when they dragged Beyonce and Charlotte Church for "Irreplacable" and "Call My name" because they thought the underwear scene copied Xtina's "Ain't No Other Man" MV? (this is pre-Gaga, btw)

Or when they clocked Beyonce for being robotic and "Scripted" when:

You Know

Not to mention the 20's 30's 40's B2B ad nauseum.

Or when they drag Gaga for being an advocate for gay rights while in the same breath claim Christina's done more by releasing "Beautiful" and...

...nothing else?

m7vWa.jpg

Actually, I wasn't there for any if that because Xtina fans aren't actually a hive mind.

Besides none of that really makes sense as drag-worthy. Xtina has occasionally worked with big-time producers. She's just never relied on them to produce entire albums or craft her image (post debut).

The rest of that stuff is typical behavior that Every artist's stans are guilty of but that you're for some reason using to hold Xtina fans to higher scrutiny. I mean, just a page ago people were attempting to drag Xtina for having an exploding car in the video, of all things.

royalan

Ummm....if we're not allowed to talk video games in here I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to talk about flopulous, Creatively bankrupt, scripted network television shows like Glee, Parks and Rec, and X-Factor.

3phemeral

Actually, I wasn't there for any if that because Xtina fans aren't actually a hive mind.

Besides none of that really makes sense as drag-worthy. Xtina has occasionally worked with big-time producers. She's just never relied on them to produce entire albums or craft her image (post debut).

The rest of that stuff is typical behavior that Every artist's stans are guilty of but that you're for some reason using to hold Xtina fans to higher scrutiny. I mean, just a page ago people were attempting to drag Xtina for having an exploding car in the video, of all things.

Thing is, I'm not holding them to higher scrutiny. By acting out as such, they've built that pedestal for themselves, which is why I wonder how they deal with having to backtrack on so many occasions. Chock that up to my experience mostly as a a former Xtina fan who used to be fairly active in the community.

Seems the only reason these car-explosion gifs are getting any attention is due to how, in my experience, I've seen Xtina fans dragging other girls more fervently due to Gaga-gate.

:)

royalan

Thing is, I'm not holding them to higher scrutiny. By acting out as such, they've built that pedestal for themselves, which is why I wonder how they deal with having to backtrack on so many occasions. Chock that up to my experience mostly as a a former Xtina fan who used to be fairly active in the community.

Seems the only reason these car-explosion gifs are getting any attention is due to how, in my experience, I've seen Xtina fans dragging other girls more fervently due to Gaga-gate.

:)

I haven't had to backtrack, because Xtina's remained true to the standards I've held her up to. Besides, Xtina hasn't really changed. Besides working with Max Martin for the lead single she's the artist she's always been.

Nemesis_

Why are we wasting posts on irrelevant things?

This is POP GAF? I also don't want the thread to move so quickly because otherwise OT3 will not be DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom