• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
apparently Gaga said
Lady Gaga said:
“Most of the new album is pretty much done. The music for the songs has been finished, but the vocals and a few other things still need to be finalized. Neither ARTPOP or the new single will be released before Christmas 2012 because it just doesn’t feel fresh if it’s not being released in a ‘fresh new year’.”

and with that said, I am banning myself for 3 months
au revoir Pop-Gaf
and Gaf I guess

#HibernatingTillARTPOP
tumblr_mabkjr0tQM1qhuqewo1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Still no sign of Your Body on UK iTunes or Spotify. Not much of a 'release date' tbh.
ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

MuuMuse continues to slay:

LEGENDTINA SURVIVES MERCILESS LADY GAGA SHADE ATTACK ON TWITTER

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/09/legendtina-survives-merciless-lady-gaga-shade-attack-on-twitter.html/

“I DON’T EVEN KNOW IF THAT IS A MAN OR A WOMAN!” Legendtina barks, throwing her Bionic promotional chalice at her assistant’s face and launching into a uncontrollable yodel note that lasts for 17 seconds. “Returned?!” she yelps.

No, Legendtina. Ignore this lesser–you’ve got a decade of hits, she thinks to herself. It keeps getting better. “WHAT IS AN ARTPOP, EVEN?!” she screams.

After several hours, she finally collects herself: “Thank you fan, @LadyGaga,” Legendtina slowly responds–her fingers shaking with rage at the keyboard–”Do you make music too? Buy #YourBody on iTunes now! -XoXtina.” Sent.

rip

Mau ®

PSY's Gangnam Style has been increasing its lead over the rest of the Top 10. It could be .50 points ahead of the second place by tomorrow.

All bow to our new Korean overlord.
legend.gif

3phemeral

Still no sign of Your Body on UK iTunes or Spotify. Not much of a 'release date' tbh.
ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

MuuMuse continues to slay:

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/09/legendtina-survives-merciless-lady-gaga-shade-attack-on-twitter.html/

rip

After a few hours, she minimizes the One Direction erotica she’s been feverishly writing and logs onto Twitter. Login: “TheRealXtina.” Password: “MariahCareyIsFat69besos.” 300,000 responses since 9 AM. Legend, she notes quietly to herself before clicking on the “@ Mentions” tab.

BfoUu.gif

Zutroy

Carson Daly shade
“I wanted to watch X Factor… I think you can’t deny that there was some buzz on this show…I was very curious to see how my old friend Britney Spears was….what she was going to be like and when she speaks in full sentences, was it going to seem sort of medicated or was she going to spring a new personality that I haven’t seen?”

What's the rules for using that word again? Because that word!

RubyFaith

PSY's Gangnam Style has been increasing its lead over the rest of the Top 10. It could be .50 points ahead of the second place by tomorrow.

All bow to our new Korean overlord.
legend.gif

Psy has been around for 15 years and suddenly comes out with a new and improved Pump up the Jam. Everyone thinks he's a joke, b.

freshair

My friend is selling her Britney Spears Barbie Doll, but can't remember what music video this outfit is from. Pop-gaf to the rescue!

NVM - turns out she lost the original outfit and this is just a Britney Barbie wearing an regular dress.

c7RAD.png

RubyFaith

Are you saying PSY isn't a joke?
6kQHm.gif

Well I've listened to Psy's old music before about two years ago, he was generally a funny guy like now. Somewhat of a gag, yes, but he and his music is very respected in Korea.

However, I think people don't realize that he's just a one hit wonder. I have to deal with YG stans (because he's under YG) nonsense periodically that he's doing what my faves could never and it's all thanks to YG. I didn't get into kpop so my faves could be one hit wonders though. And Psy made the song himself, not YG.

h9RTV.gif

xaosslug

Well I've listened to Psy's old music before about two years ago, he was generally a funny guy like now. Somewhat of a gag, yes, but he and his music is very respected in Korea.

However, I think people don't realize that he's just a one hit wonder. I have to deal with YG stans (because he's under YG) nonsense periodically that he's doing what my faves could never and it's all thanks to YG. I didn't get into kpop so my faves could be one hit wonders though. And Psy made the song himself, not YG.

h9RTV.gif

i can't tell if this post is serious, or not? The Korean/Asian entertainment scene is ALL about what's popular and of the moment. The only way I can see Psy's insane International success not translating into him ruling the Korean/Asian market is if he has some sort of (likely stupid) scandal. He'll be a '1 hit wonder' in America/around the rest of the world, but dood is gonna be dominating the Korean/Asian market just on account America accepted him.

and everyone else will stay trying, failing, and mad.
Cnbw9.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hey what do you guys think of this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5S1RCUDvM

would you get offended if your SO shared it with you? I'm sol there's this girl that is 6 ft tall and I'm only 5'10 so it makes it weird.

do you guys like shorter or taller partners. Pretty much talking to the pitchers to see how they feel. what do you do? she likes to wear flats so it's not so bad

Kyon

Banned
Xtina Stans deserve their moment tbh they had it hard the past few years getting dragged, snatched, resurrected and dragged again and again by every stanbase imaginable.

RubyFaith

i can't tell if this post is serious, or not? The Korean/Asian entertainment scene is ALL about what's popular and of the moment. The only way I can see Psy's insane International success not translating into him ruling the Korean/Asian market is if he has some sort of (likely stupid) scandal. He'll be a '1 hit wonder' in America/around the rest of the world, but dood is gonna be dominating the Korean/Asian market just on account America accepted him.

and everyone else will stay trying, failing, and mad.
Cnbw9.gif

People focus too much on the hallyuwave and like I said, I didn't get into kpop if I wanted to stan global popularity. I already stan American artists who are global enough and I give no fucks about that, let alone if my faves in kpop ever get known in the states.

As for everyone trying trying to make it globally, not everyone is dumb enough to debut in a market they're not familiar with or think they're familiar with. SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, JYJ, BoA, Se7en have tried and are trying. 2NE1 is closest thing to happening, I guess, but hardly.

Psy is going to dominate most of the ASIAN awards this year, and then he'll go back to just being an artist that is respected and everyone will be quiet until he makes another comeback. Kpop fans don't really focus on soloists, moreso the competition relies more on the groups.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Xtina Stans deserve their moment tbh they had it hard the past few years getting dragged, snatched, resurrected and dragged again and again by every stanbase imaginable.

Fair play. Consider this post a moratorium on my dragging Xtina.

No matter what vile nonsense they try and level at my faves.

Trigger

Hey what do you guys think of this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5S1RCUDvM

would you get offended if your SO shared it with you? I'm sol there's this girl that is 6 ft tall and I'm only 5'10 so it makes it weird.

do you guys like shorter or taller partners. Pretty much talking to the pitchers to see how they feel. what do you do? she likes to wear flats so it's not so bad

Um, it's nice? This isn't Girlfriend-Age, lol.

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom