• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
... why did they have to add a dubstep breakdown.
jmrq7.gif
Et tu, Leona?
ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

royalan

So, Leona Lewis just premiered "Glassheart" (the song) on radio.

wow.

Wow.

WOW.

This is song is so much fucking better than "Trouble" that Emeli Sande should be ousted from the industry for being such overrated slop.

I mean, this song gets points deducted for being yet another rehash of the repetitive dancebreak chorus format that has been all over radio for the past 2 years. Sounds a lot like Ryan Tedder meets "Hold It Against Me" meets "Where Have You Been" actually. But I'm willing to forgive that for the simple fact that this is easily the most exciting song Leona's ever made.

Should have been the lead single, easily.

EDIT: Damn, WAAAAY late.

I wonder why would they premier a new single if Trouble was doing so good according to some people
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif
So much wrong in this post.

A. Trouble has not been released yet.

B. Glassheart is not a single.

C. Trouble has ascended after one week to the B list on BBC Radio. It usually takes two weeks to go from C to B. If she wasn't getting demand, she'd stall or fall out of the rotation.

royalan

This isn't shade though. It is common knowledge Xtina is bitchy to many people, and Avril didn't really insult her. She just spilled some tea.

i4ndFvVxr7i54.gif

Besides, the way Avril went in on Christina completely unprovoked (like, was nobody even asking her about Xtina) it's no surprise Xtina paid her dust. It's no secret that Avril's a little two-faced brat and Realtina always SEES THROUGH the bullshit.

Mau ®

Are yew tired about hearing of Bruises?

There's now a solution to your ailings *.*

2588409-chris-brown-google-zoom-617-409.jpg

Are you over hearing about Chris Brown? Well, Toronto-based music blog, AUX Labs, created an application just for you.

The "Chris Brownout" Google Chrome browser plugin -- which I downloaded for research purposes, of course -- removes text and images of the singer.

News stories, sites, etc. dedicated to Chris Brown still live on the 'net except his name and images have a black mark over them.

The launch of the "Chris Brownout" comes days after Breezy showcased his controversial neck tattoo at a Las Vegas event. The detaling of the tattoo, which a rep says is a "sugar skull," resembles that of a battered woman.

Baby....I'm staring at a piece of us, shattered on the sidewalk.
Tragic...broken like a china doll, burning like a gunshot...

And those are just the opening lines. Between this and "Trouble"...your faves need some lessons in writing GOOD lyrics.

Cleaner YT link

i27Wc5ZdwWFBg.gif

Kyon

Banned
You know, even though her voice cracked a bit in the end she doesn't sound bad at all.

#DEAD if singing Happy Birthday to LA was enough to fulfill the performance stipulation on her contract, though.

Deadddddd @ that and if it was then that's an easy 2 mill. *unplugs life support*

tj hazuki

IS P!NK G.O.O.D. ENOUGH TO BEAT KANYE FOR #1?
RCA Diva Has Edge Going Into Week, The Killers Look for Six Figure Debut

September 19, 2012

She’s the daring young diva on the flying trapeze. RCA diva P!nk’s latest, The Truth About Love, her sixth studio recording, is on target to be her first-ever # album, with a projected total of 200-225k. Her previous high was the #2 slot reached by the last album, 2008’s Funhouse.

That would be enough to top Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music compilation on Def Jam/IDJ, Cruel Summer, which may have suffered from a brief, one-day absence of the album from iTunes, but is gaining ground quickly, according to one-day sales reports from retailers both physical and digital lucky enough not to find themselves part of Mitt Romney’s 47% cut-off. At this point it looks like it will sell in the 170-190k range. We’ll keep an eye on the battle as we head into Friday’s Weakend Chart Preview.

Las Vegas alt-rockers The Killers’ Battle Born, their fourth Island/IDJ album and first since 2008’s Day & Age, should break six figures, with a projected total of 110-120k. The last one racked up 193k in its debut week.

Warp Records Brooklyn art-rock indie darlings Grizzly Bear—one of Jay-Z and Beyonce’s alterna-faves—is looking at an impressive first week of sales between 40-50k.

604/Schoolboy/Interscope Canadian popster Carly Rae Jepsen’s Kiss looks to be in the 35-40k range, with plenty of help from efforts by the label’s Scooter Braun to spread the world through social networking.

Mercury Nashville country singer-songwriter Easton Corbin’s All Over the Road, the sophomore follow-up to his self-titled debut in 2010, is on target for 25-30k, the same as Columbia alt-Americana rockers Band of Horses’ Mirage Rock, the Seattle band’s fourth album, the follow-up to 2010’s Grammy-nominated Infinite Arms.

Album sales were up 7% vs. last week, down 8% vs. same week last year and down 5% year to date.

Track sales were down 2% vs. last week, up 9% vs. same week last year and up 6% year to date.

TEA sales were up 4% vs. last week, down 4% vs. same week last year and down 2% year to date.
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09123m01

royalan

Even though the next Glee episode is butchering pretty much all the song, I think this is actually a pretty good take and performance of Oops!

I like the remixed beat.

I like the performance.

But LAWD Lea Michelle's voice is so basic. Technically good but not an ounce of personality or star quality.

Mau ®

Some Partynaseus reviews:

COMPLEX said:
Kendrick kicked off this song saying Lady Gaga was on it but honestly, we couldn't even hear her vocals. Considering the chants of "don't kill my vibe," it's likely that might be the title. On the record, Kendrick laments, "I'm a sinner whose probably going to sin again." Aren't we all?

MTV said:
The first song Kendrick let rip was his much-talked about Lady Gaga collaboration. On it the Fame Monster sang of being a sinner, while Kendrick rapped about the changes around him and the new hanger-ons he’s acquired since becoming more famous.

The highly anticipated collaboration from Kendrick Lamar and mega pop star, Lady Gaga, is far from herlast collaboration with another Interscope rookie, Wale. This song is more of a Kendrick song than a Lady Gaga song, which should serve as a relief to those expecting another rendition of "Chillin."

The song has a bluesy/jazz feel with some strong instrumentation from the unnamed producer on the record. The same voice altering feel that you get from the hook on "Cartoons and Cereal" is on this record with Gaga and K.Dot trading voices throughout the bridge and the hook. "I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner, please don't kill my vibe" the two chant throughout the record.

Gaga also offers some mini-bars on the record but nothing to overtake the real star of the show, K. Dot. She is in more of a supporting role than a big feature and if you didn't know better, you would barely notice her on the track.

tj hazuki

If Gaga is barely noticeable, seems like the song will be too RAP for me.

Oh well. Hopefully CHER will get her ass off twitter and release their duet this year.

Paul Epworth produced SKYFALL?

Lawd hammercy, EON is not playing around. The song might end CAREERS.

My Heart Will Go On of this generation.

Koodo

Banned
Shakira is pregnant:

Facebook said:
As some of you may know, Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby! At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days.

This means I will not be able to be a part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival
, but I’m sure this weekend in Las Vegas will be spectacular and I will be closely following everything that happens there!

I’d like to thank Clear Channel and my fans for their constant love and understanding.

Big kiss!
And will see you very soon!
Shakira
Source

What a beautiful baby that will be.

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Before the Glassheart premiere, Leona performed a live session of "Trouble" and slayed of course. Miss the other instruments from the recorded version, though.

I've played the acoustic version about 3000 times :-0

EDIT: Leona has gone mad with radio tour power, randomly calling stations in the middle of the night. What kind of drunk mess tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom