• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

So I'm at work playing Back To Basics all the way through. And I'm sorry, but there's no way you can listen to this album and NOT think Christina Is one of the best vocalists in the business.

This entire first disc is master class in urban-pop vocals. The ENTIRE room is stanning right now.

So beautiful, in every single way. ;______;

New Page, New News.

Diamonds in the Sky is coming.

Give praise to the future smash hit before its too late to RIHpent.

tumblr_lrdo0ewS0C1qewmu6o1_500.gif

l
Is there any actual release date, or is this just repeating over and over again that at one point we'll hear a new Rihanna song? :)

3phemeral

So I'm at work playing Back To Basics all the way through. And I'm sorry, but there's no way you can listen to this album and NOT think Christina Is one of the best vocalists in the business.

This entire first disc is master class in urban-pop vocals. The ENTIRE room is stanning right now.

So beautiful, in every single way. ;______;

Anyone that denies Christina's vocal prowess is batshit insane, that said, it only serves to heighten the disparity between her album singing and her live singing. You know she's musically capable of so much more, but she relies too much on repetition and habit that only serves to undermine her musicianship.

royalan

Ewwwww, is that the lead single from their new album?

Ew. Ew. Ew. It's terrible. Like, High School Musical throwaway terrible.

It'll slay for a day or two, but these boys might as well pack it up.

Xtina has nothing to worry about (their albums release on the same day).

Trigger

It's sub-Jonas Brothers level material. A real shame since a good boy band can highlight each singer's unique qualities. Why group these young power bottoms together if they're just going to sing generic album filler.

Kyon

Banned
Y'all aren't the demographic and never were so your shade means nothing. Especially when y'all are talking about the fickle mainstream flip flopping bi polar consumers that live today.

royalan

Y'all aren't the demographic and never were so your shade means nothing. Especially when y'all are talking about the fickle mainstream flip flopping bi polar consumers that live today.

You're spilling the tea sis, and I know it's true but...has any boyband who tried to appeal so specifically to teeny boppers ever have longevity?

Boybands that had some staying power, like N*Sync, Backstreet, 112, etc. aimed for middle-of-the-road.

Kyon

Banned
You're spilling the tea sis, and I know it's true but...has any boyband who tried to appeal so specifically to teeny boppers ever have longevity?

Boybands that had some staying power, like N*Sync, Backstreet, 112, etc. aimed for middle-of-the-road.

Of course not lol I'm just talking about them having success this era. Idek anymore cause the shit that has been charting the past few years... SMH

DMeisterJ

Banned
Have we talked about the X-Factor's ratings here? They're up from both of last weeks showings. Still behind the voice by a margin, but growing.

After listening to Glassheart (studio version) long enough, I've grown to like it a lot better. In fact, I think the combination of second verse + bridge is the best thing she's ever done.

After faltering with "Happy" I must say that the Ryan Tedder/Leona partnership is well on its way to achieving legendary status again. Because if the DJ impressions are anything to go by, "Favorite Scar" is even better.

My fragile heart can't take all this after two years of silence *HYPE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom