• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you insist on using those gross pee gifs?

iGr5cXx3uU2q1.gif

all my strange addiction gifs

iGr5cXx3uU2q1.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Why do you insist on using those gross pee gifs?

iGr5cXx3uU2q1.gif

I've only used two :p
You, on the other hand, keep putting those other ladies, and, technically, pee is far more healthier to ingest than dirt, nail polish, toilet paper, and whatever that other girl is licking.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Y'all are doing the absolute most with those 'my strange addiction' .gifs.

The girl eating clorox? Why?

This eye thing? Why?

In POP-GAF? Why?

botty

Banned
This is all Marius's fault. I think he started with them and Botty just ran with it.

Pretty much. Marius' toilet paper gif was funny. Then I made the baby powder as a response to flop post. However, I don't think these pee gifs are what anyone was asking for.

Regardless, I have moved on from My Strange Addiction.

ibimPuKkAQf7V2.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Fine! I'll stop with the pee gifs................................................................................maybe.
madonna-funny-face-o.gif

Trigger

Pretty much. Marius' toilet paper gif was funny. Then I made the baby powder as a response to flop post. However, I don't think these pee gifs are what anyone was asking for.

Regardless, I have moved on from My Strange Addiction.

ibimPuKkAQf7V2.gif

#trendsetter

Mau ®

Piers Morgan just cant stop fonting Madonna's name, can he?

Im happy to say I'll be seeing the MDNA tour when it hits Latin America in the fall. I've never seen Madge before *.*

royalan

So, I know I'm a little late to the party, but I have to make this post. My heart is compelling me to.

I...am #aWARE
i4iYcPxyBfsNE.gif

Granted, I've been semi-aWARE since Koodo started playing "110%" in the Pop-GAF room, but for some reason or other I never got around to listening to her other stuff. Truth be told, as much as I love "110%" I thought I had her pegged: the song sounded like an update to the blaze indie-pop established by girls like Lily Allen and Kate Nash a few years back. It was a sub-genre I always flirted with, but never really got into whole hog.

But today I'm sitting in a coffee shop trying to get some work done (being one of "Those People), and just for the hell of it, I decide to cue up "Running" on Spotify.

My god, this song gives me EVERYTHING. I've honestly listened to it more times than I can count.

Without coming across as a desperate bid for crossover-relevance and cred ala Sticki Garbaj's genre hopping, Jessie Ware's foray into more R&B/Neo-Soul territory with "Running" instead comes off as a natural extension of her artistry. It's easy to believe that "110%" and "Running" are the same person's craft; nor do you feel like Ware compromised herself in any way by recording the poppier "110%" and the soulful "Running". Mostly because both songs are authentic...and good.

And make no mistake, between Ware's soulful delivery, the live-esque harmonies, the soothing-yet-pulsing baseline, the mixture of live instruments and atmospheric synths, and the undeniable groove of the song, "Running" definitely rests more in the R&B camp. Not that that's a bad thing. This one song does more to revive R&B than Frank Ocean's entire overrated album. I haven't heard a track that gave me such fresh Neo-Soul teas since I listened to Jill Scott's amazing "The Light of the Sun" album.

On a side note, after hearing "Running", I have to say that Jessie Ware reminds me of a younger, fresher Corinne Bailey Rae. Particularly on this song. That's high praise coming from me. I am definitely picking up her album when it drops. High priority.

Trigger

On a side note, after hearing "Running", I have to say that Jessie Ware reminds me of a younger, fresher Corinne Bailey Rae. Particularly on this song. That's high praise coming from me. I am definitely picking up her album when it drops. High priority.

I absolutely adore Corinne. I am now obligated to at least listen to a few tracks from vaporWARE.

Kate Bush is superior to any and all of your faves.
She is noted for her idiosyncratic vocal style, which reviewers and scientists alike have described as being "unlike any other Earthly sound". Bush's voice spans an impressive 6 octaves, even the lowest of which is ridiculously high. She can hit a H# above high C, a note not previously known to exist and suspected to cause spontaneous foetal miscarriage in higher mammals.

Her second or third comeback album was released in 2005 to immense anticipation, critical acclaim and cries of "Kate who?" from younger critics.
ibzSlcmciXsMsb.gif

Delio

I know some of you are watching this Teen Flop awards. Course my KWEEN wins something...then has a derp moment as she tries to blow out sparklers. Ah well.

tumblr_lh5jzjZATS1qe9nabo1_500.gif

Mau ®

I'm listening to Savior Swift's flawless masterpiece Speak Now.

Ya'll better be ready for her APOCALYPTIC return. Your faves albums dont stand a chance. That includes GaGa*

* in the USA

Mau ®

Clearly RihALLAH's acting debut left a positive long-lasting impression on the kids cuz she snatched the Choice Award for Breakout Role in a Movie for her appearance in Battleship.

I still have yet to see that #MESS.

#Navy

JoJo is looking really good, like wow.

Is JoJo's career still being held hostage?
Jumping Trains better escape sometime this year. All I have to say is that her label better make sure that 'Hollywood' and 'Keep Forgetting (To Forget About You)' are on the album. I love both of those songs.

Styles

I'm listening to Savior Swift's flawless masterpiece Speak Now.

Ya'll better be ready for her APOCALYPTIC return. Your faves albums dont stand a chance. That includes GaGa*

The title for her lead single and album will be annonced anyday. Let us take a look back at some of the flawless lines from each track:
* in the USA

Let us take a look back at some of the highlights from 'Speak Now'.

Mine:

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Sparks Fly:

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm
And I'm a house of cards

Back To December:

I'd go back in time and change it but I can't.
So if the chain is on your door I understand.

Speak Now:

And the organ starts to play
A song that sounds like a death march

Dear John:

You are an expert at sorry
And keeping the lines blurry
Never impressed by me acing your tests
All the girls that you run dry have tired lifeless eyes
Cause you burned them out

But I took your matches
Before fire could catch me
So don’t look now
I’m shining like fireworks
Over your sad empty town

(The whole song is a lyrical masterpiece tbh.)

Mean:

You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing

The Story of Us(FLOP):

But I liked it better when you were on my side.
The battle's in your hands now,
But I would lay my armor down
If you said you'd rather love than fight.

Never Grow Up:

I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone

Enchanted:

This is me praying that
This was the very first page
Not where the story line ends
My thoughts will echo your name
Until I see you again
These are the words I held back
As I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you

(Everything about this song is flawless)

Better Than Revenge:

And she thinks I'm psycho 'cause I like to rhyme her name with things

Innocent:

Time turns flames to embers
You'll have new Septembers
Every one of us has messed up too
Lives change like the weather
I hope you remember
Today is never too late to be brand new

Haunted:

Something keeps me holding on to nothing

Last Kiss: