• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
I should watch that sometime. I hear all kinds of crazy shit about it.

Crazy is an understatement ;-) But it is really good.

tumblr_lw8eonTe2J1qbabvao5_250.gif
tumblr_lw8eonTe2J1qbabvao6_250.gif

Sis you are getting too good at this <3

Someone should find botty's original posts to highlight HOW FAR WE'VE COME

Botty's indoctrination is complete. We'll have to start corrupting talking more with the new members.

My training wheels are OFF.

;__; <3

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

royalan

I should watch that sometime. I hear all kinds of crazy shit about it.

Don't waste your time. And I feel bad for the poor souls that have already been sucked in (praying for you Botty sis ;_;).

American Horror Story may seem interesting on the outset, but one must NEVER forget that it is a Ryan Murphy show. And while Ryan Murphy is a master of concocting intriguing concepts to put to series, he is absolute SHIT when it comes to story/character/series progression.

So, like Popular, Nip/Tuck and Glee before it, American Horror Story will have a stellar first season that is chock full of potential, but will devolve into complete, utter, self-parody, "why the fuck am I watching this?" CRAP midway through season 2 and never recover.

botty

Banned
We will see how far floptty has come soon, WE WILL SEE

<3

i3YcCPCu4ZiWm.gif

Don't waste your time. And I feel bad for the poor souls that have already been sucked in (praying for you Botty sis ;_;).

American Horror Story may seem interesting on the outset, but one must NEVER forget that it is a Ryan Murphy show. And while Ryan Murphy is a master of concocting intriguing concepts to put to series, he is absolute SHIT when it comes to story/character/series progression.

So, like Popular, Nip/Tuck and Glee before it, American Horror Story will have a stellar first season that is chock full of potential, but will devolve into complete, utter, self-parody, "why the fuck am I watching this?" CRAP midway through season 2 and never recover.

Maybe, but Ryan Murphy is doing something different this time around. He is starting fresh each season, with new characters and stories. So we are likely to not get as bored with the material as usual.

Trigger

OMG. I remember Popular. Late 90s and early 00s WB was flawless. ;_;

Sai-kun

Banned
Marina.

Was.

Amazing.

Ohmygod.

edit: cosmic, that's a great story :) Sucks about no You've Got The Love though, such a fantastic track!

Nemesis_

LOL

Anyway, more ANNOYANCES for the MDNA Tour

Edinburgh curfue cuts MDNA show short

Madonna ended her 3-date UK tour in Edinburgh tonight. And just like in London, she had to keep an eye on the clock, because there was a strict 11pm curfue. In Hyde Parc, that caused her to start early, but tonight it meant she had to cut some songs out completely! Unfortunately, the victims were highlights Like A Virgin and I'm Addicted.

During rehearsals, it seemed Madonna already feared she wouldn't make it before curfue. She let all people in to watch and rehearsed almost half the show. She joked that she rehearsed so many songs, so people could see them after all in case she gets cut short. She asked the crowd not to get mad if she did get cut short.

Apparently the curfue was to get people home in time with public transportation. To which Madonna replied "Can't you all just walk home?"

For some reason, during the actual show there appeared no slackline dancers during the Nobody Knows Me interlude.

During her speech before Masterpiece, she spoke about getting married in Scotland and expressed hope that this visit would produce "something more lasting".

On her second British tour stop, Madonna encountered some technical problems. At the beginning of Gang Bang, the motel décor did not come out. She shouted "What happened to my fucking motel?!"

She then had to improvise, singing the song while sitting on the stairs.

And people try and COME FOR the production of Gaga's stage shows?

tVAU4.gif

Icicle

Wishy washy heaux TBH

Kyon-sis, I'm afraid WE look like the wishy washy ones at the moment. Look at this girl, she is giving Brandy the MOST right here. Let's prove to the world that the best stans don't need dramatic WATERWORKS to show love for their faves.

ubfog00e

MECANT-1.gif

Eva from Top Model, is dat you, girl?
MECANT2.gif

Kyon

Banned
Kyon-sis, I'm afraid WE look like the wishy washy ones at the moment. Look at this girl, she is giving Brandy the MOST right here. Let's prove to the world that the best stans don't need dramatic WATERWORKS to show love for their faves.

ubfog00e

MECANT-1.gif

Eva from Top Model, is dat you, girl?
MECANT2.gif

That was me when I met her on tour ;___; except without the crying and i was a shy little boy.

Kyon

Banned
You? Shy?

Kyon, where does your name come from?

Sometimes ;__; when i meet famous people i get so flustered.

The story of how my Gaf name and my japanese name came to be(not really that interesting lol):

I wanted the name Kyo which is the japanese name my host family in Japan gave me lol
Bless them. Everyone thinks I get it from Fruits Basket's Kyo:

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/tv/img/27726_kyo-kun.jpg

He is my Host Mother's favorite character, but my Host mother gave that name to me because
her daughter Kyoko was going to have that name if she turned out to be male when she was born.
Someone on gaf took Kyo so i put Kyon. Kyoko calls me Kyon. I only let her because she is my senior.
Otherwise people younger than me cant call me that its disrespectful.

Mumei

Sometimes ;__; when i meet famous people i get so flustered.

The story of how my Gaf name and my japanese name(not really that interesting lol):

I wanted the name Kyo which is the japanese name my host family in Japan gave me lol
Bless them. Everyone thinks I get it from Fruits Basket's Kyo:

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/tv/img/27726_kyo-kun.jpg

He is my Host Mother's character, but my Host mother gave that name to me because
her daughter Kyoko was going to have that name if she turned out to be male when she was born.
Someone on gaf took Kyo so i put Kyon. Kyoko calls me Kyon. I only let her because she is my senior.
Otherwise people younger than me cant call me that its disrespectful.

That's actually adorable.

Zutroy

My Facebook stream is full of people saying how much of a flop Madonna was. Apparently they even boo'd her at the end.

Also, I've been at gigs at Murryfield that have gone on well past 11 =-\

Nemesis_

Regarding KYOSIS, I assumed it was related to that shitty PS2 horror game

0TSjA.jpg

I suppose every other possible reason / explanation would be infinitely better though.

Milchjon

Favorite picture I took of Queen Florence last night:

n6eKm.jpg

Her voice was flawless despite the vocal injury recently, and the only disappointment was the lack of "You've Got the Love" in the set list. I even got hoisted up on shoulders during "Rabbit Heart" after she told the crowd to do so if they loved the person they were with. :) We also briefly met Isabella (the "machine" part of the band) in the crowd.

So jealous.

And oh man, this thread is something else :-D
I'm not sure I would fit in here.

Zutroy

The only thing that confuses me is how Ke$hita managed to become a successful artist.

And please don't mention Beysus in the same sentence as. Ke$hita. That won't work.

iQEhElSRMxXyI.gif

She's released 6 singles and all of them have made it top 10 in the US, with two of them being number 1 hits. She has writing credit for all of them.

She has also featured on 3 successful songs (one of them also reaching number 1).

She may not be the classiest person on the scene, but she is talented and knows what it takes to write a catchy club hit.

Bladenic

She's released 6 singles and all of them have made it top 10 in the US, with two of them being number 1 hits. She has writing credit for all of them.

She has also featured on 3 successful songs (one of them also reaching number 1).

She may not be the classiest person on the scene, but she is talented and knows what it takes to write a catchy club hit.

People don't give her nearly enough credit for her talent. She's a lot more talented than a bunch of our other shitty faves tbh.

Bladenic

Oh shit....

Amazon as always continues to have albums on sale. One of them? Talk that Talk. I might buy it. But it's not the deluxe edition, and the sample of Do Ya Thang and Fool in Love sounded really good.

#conflicted

Majmun

I'm ok with Ke$hit writing songs....FOR OTHER PEOPLE

She can do that all of the time, and I won't care. But please, don't let her sit or stand behind a microphone. It's horrendous. Stick to only writing songs plz.

And who cares that she's making hits? It's clear that the masses are asses, judging by the current hits. People support the vilest things, it's baffling.

Trigger

lol, don't you already have a backlog Chris? You should listen to what you've already got. Lord knows Rihanna will have two CDs out by the time you finish your backlog.

Majmun

I tried to listen to it. Some songs sounded familiar. But the rest was not my cup of tea.

It's summer and I need fresh stuff. Not this.

Y'all will deal

ibuMpdj9M1pQPz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom