• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Is the Navy forgetting what happened to Bad Romance?

tumblr_mapw007mfs1qmr2d0o1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What a shame that Pop GAF has resorted to getting excited about chart placements instead of getting excited about good music.

Again.

ieaptz1gzLZ2J.gif

What a shame that Pop GAF has resorted to getting excited about chart placements instead of getting excited about good music.

Again.
Too bad "charts" is all their faves will ever enjoy, because ain't no one checking Diarihuh or Ket¢hup for quality.

Stouffer's frozen dinners are OK once in a while, but only sad uncivilized subhumans actually stan Stouffer's frozen dinners.

EP1qI.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
NEW PAGE NEW GODDESS APHRODYLIE NEWS

Goddess Aphrodylie clocked up another magazine cover somewhere in the world.

A3T0eMHCAAICFSG.jpg

Singapore apparently. Local, obviously.
nULmZ.png

Picking a pop legend like Kylie for their debut issue. Your fave will never.

As ever,

Kylie:

izx4vOKuIxUkM.gif

Your fave:

tumblr_mamsa9tnyp1qzv5ho05.gif

Thanks for changing that horrible GIF, Ties. I thought my MacBook Air suddenly turned into a 3DS.

And thank you godelsis for chastening that poor soul. If we put any stock in Metacritic at all, then we'd all have to agree that Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel is Mariah's best album and that THE QUEEN is Keri Hilson's equal.

RXvO6.png

6UkEP.png

What a flop site.

EP1qI.gif

Mumei

There are many problems with review aggregators such as Metacritic when it comes to using them to determine critical acclaim, let alone when it comes to determining quality.

Though I can't see I'm surprised to see people using it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I haven't seen yew comment on Aphrodylie's Flower.

I haven't heard the leaked version. I am saving myself.

I have heard previous versions tho and it is Klassic Kylie i.e. flaw free.
There are many problems with review aggregators such as Metacritic when it comes to using them to determine critical acclaim, let alone when it comes to determining quality.

Though I can't see I'm surprised to see people using it.
I agree to some extend and lets face it there's not really a question of whether Robyn or Rihanna is more critically lauded.

i608UtHnoIdX0.gif

Plus I was only using it as a tray to serve up some premium jasmine chai.

But sis...I agree that Robyn 'Superior Robyn' Carlsson is by far superior to Robyn 'Inferior Robyn' Fenty.
nULmZ.png
And you are flawless and correct in that assertion. Fortunately, you don't have to rely on MEHTASHITIC to back up your true and unassailable opinion.

Because that would make you sad and worthy of our pity.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Basically the rule of thumb when it comes to metacritic is, 'does it back up my assertion that my fave > your fave'. If so then it is a highly reputable and trustworthy source. Otherwise it is stupid bullshit that is obviously biased or faulty.

hth

ibuFuw7720laeB.gif

Mumei

I agree to some extend and lets face it there's not really a question of whether Robyn or Rihanna is more critically lauded.

Right.

The issue for me comes more when trying to determine quality; it counts equally the most insightful and the most vapid reviews. I am sure we have all read reviews at some point or another where the reviewer just did not appear to understand what they were talking about, repeatedly got basic information wrong, and ended up giving a negative review to something on a ridiculous basis. That negative review and the well-thought positive review both count for the same thing. And you could obviously switch that - a positive review for something that is actually basic.

And then Metacritic themselves actually take it upon themselves to give scores for reviews that do not have an explicit score of some sort. I don't see how anyone can take it seriously. Even when you are trying to determine critical acclaim it is problematic because it can count Random Ass Place You've Never Heard Of the same as Prestigious Magazine #6.

Shade would require subtlety.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Right.

The issue for me comes more when trying to determine quality; it counts equally the most insightful and the most vapid reviews. I am sure we have all read reviews at some point or another where the reviewer just did not appear to understand what they were talking about, repeatedly got basic information wrong, and ended up giving a negative review to something on a ridiculous basis. That negative review and the well-thought positive review both count for the same thing. And you could obviously switch that - a positive review for something that is actually basic.

And then Metacritic themselves actually take it upon themselves to give scores for reviews that do not have an explicit score of some sort. I don't see how anyone can take it seriously. Even when you are trying to determine critical acclaim it is problematic because it can count Random Ass Place You've Never Heard Of the same as Prestigious Magazine #6.

iFx0o0wYWkOL4.gif

I haven't got anything more constructive to add because you pretty much nail it. If I were having a serious discussion about which of two artists has a higher quality output I wouldn't rely on Metacritic.

xaosslug

Too bad "charts" is all their faves will ever enjoy, because ain't no one checking Diarihuh or Ket¢hup for quality.

Stouffer's frozen dinners are OK once in a while, but only sad uncivilized subhumans actually stan Stouffer's frozen dinners.

EP1qI.gif

Leona Lewis is like a budget fave, at best. But,
that's a master class in DRAGGGGGGing right hurr.

pANPM.gif

Mau ®

I like Ke$ha's new single. I think its cute tbh and won't change the station if it comes on the radio. It's not the massive slayage I was expecting tho.

Lana's Ride is great. On par with the best BTD stuff tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom