• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
I didn't know Scott Storch was working with Xtina on Lotus.
5zvrU.png

Artemisia

Banned
Also: Less than 24 hours until DIAMONDS.

The state of the pop scene when we are anxiously awaiting a rihanna single because the xtincta and kesha singles we were actually looking forward to didn't live up to expectations.

jk I'm fucking hyped. I'm ready for Rihanna to slay me

royalan

The state of the pop scene when we are anxiously awaiting a rihanna single because the xtincta and kesha singles we were actually looking forward to didn't live up to expectations.

jk I'm fucking hyped. I'm ready for Rihanna to slay me

Excuse me. But Your Body slays. The production of the verses leading into the bridge is some of the best mainstream pop production I've heard in a while and sounds nothing like anything currently on radio. Don't lump it with that stale, shriveled, "Animal" leftover Ke$ha had the nerve to describe as "experimental."

Your Body...Those drums layered over that baseline...ch, (´ー`)┌

RCA needs to get off their ass though. :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Excuse me. But Your Body slays. The production of the verses leading into the bridge is some of the best mainstream pop production I've heard in a while and sounds nothing like anything currently on radio. Don't lump it with that stale, shriveled, "Animal" leftover Ke$ha had the nerve to describe as "experimental."

Your Body...Those drums layered over that baseline...ch, (´ー`)┌

RCA needs to get off their ass though. :(
Tbf tho it could have been the sound of Xtina farting and yodelling over the top and you would still claim it slays and that it shit on all other singles.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm sure that somewhere on the Internet Marius is calling whatever that kesha song is called I've already forgotten it the best single of the year.

Actually kinda like Die Young. Damn it Kesha. Why you make this so hard :(

As a loyal resident of Xtinastan I would say that Your Body is far from slayage material. I hope the rest of the album steers clear of predictable club-music templates and really adds some good songs to her portfolio. We'll see what happens. Still crazy hyped for Lotus.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I gave Die Young a listen properly.

It's not bad. I actually sort of wish it had kept the acoustic sounds all the way through.

royalan

Actually kinda like Die Young. Damn it Kesha. Why you make this so hard :(

As a loyal resident of Xtinastan I would say that Your Body is far from slayage material. I hope the rest of the album steers clear of predictable club-music templates and really adds some good songs to her portfolio. We'll see what happens. Still crazy hyped for Lotus.

Your Body is predictable club beats.

But you like Die Young, which is a near-direct lyrical rip of several of her singles.

I'm confused. :(

RubyFaith

I think my mind just exploded because this is my first time witnessing an actual Ciara stan in action. Like they exist? This is equivalent to watching the Discovery channel.

Your Body is predictable club beats.

But you like Die Young, which is a near-direct lyrical rip of several of her singles.

I'm confused. :(

It's coz I have higher standards for Christina Aguilera than someone whose only real accomplishment is finding something to rhyme with "bottle of jack."

Edit: The production on Kesha's song is also more interesting and dynamic than Christina's. My opinion though. I still would rather listen to Your Body if given one option (as I have almost non-stop since it came out), and it's because I have a soft spot for her vocals and I've wanted new music from her for a long time. But I won't say the song is better than what it is.

Trigger

I have the biggest crush on Diplo. He's so cute that I can't even be pressed at anything he says.

especially when he's telling the truth.

botty

Banned
The opening lyrics of Adele's song for Skyfall:

"This is the end/Hold your breath and count to ten"

tumblr_m27upmiTlk1qcoa6s.gif

What kind of perfect warning to everyone's faves?

tumblr_mavp9kFb8p1qb8jr6.gif

xaosslug

considering how fast the trend-chasing contingent of pop-GAF jumped in Adele's pussy when she started obliterating all the bitches in the game from across the pond; I wonder if any speed records will be broken when Christina is slaying everyone this era, and peeps wanna front like they've BEEN down? And no, I don't think a statement like this is premature - I have NEVER been this confident of one of Christina's eras EVER.
r2UZg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Since someone mentioned Adele, let's take a second to remind ourselves of the fact that Rolling in the Deep is in fact one of the best singles of the last five years with a listen and drunken belt-along.

botty

Banned
19 > 21

ec20fb7f.gif

Edit: I saw a really interesting post on atrl, and thought I should share it:

That's an interesting theory because their debut albums came out in the order of pop hierarchy as well:

Britney (January 1999) , Christina (August 1999), Jessica (November 1999), Mandy (December 1999)

What if Mandy came out first? Or what if this order was switched around at all? Would anything change?

Someone said Britney is the most successful because she came out first, and the response (quoted post) is basically comparing the release date of these debut pop girls' albums to their success over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom