• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

New Page, New News

The Rihanna Reign continues on Wednesday. You've been warned.

#diamonds

diamonds1.jpg

EDIT: Ewww Roy phuck you ;_____;

Mau ®

uxlRX.png

Let's make a comprehensive list of Rih's collaborators for her 7th album *.*

Stargate (Only Girl, Rude Boy, Whats My Name, S&M, etc)
Calvin Harris
Labrynth
Sia (writer of diamonds)
David Guetta
RedOne
Chase & Status
Ne-Yo (Russian Roulette...vile)
Benny Blanco (co-producer of Diamonds. Plus Tik Tok, California Gurls, Circus)
Pharrell Williams
Frank Ocean (writing)

LORDT

Trigger

Let's make a comprehensive list of Rih's collaborators for her 7th album *.*

Stargate (Only Girl, Rude Boy, Whats My Name, S&M, etc)
Calvin Harris
Labrynth
Sia (writer of diamonds)
David Guetta
RedOne
Chase & Status
Ne-Yo (Russian Roulette...vile)
Benny Blanco (co-producer of Diamonds. Plus Tik Tok, California Gurls, Circus)
Pharrell Williams
Frank Ocean (writing)

LORDT

This list is fabulous.

MAwlg.gif

Will Rihanna finally get that #1 album?

Alright #Navy, confession time.

Not only am I sort of really looking forward to Diamonds, but RiRi and I are slowly on the mend now. I've been listening more and more to her songs lately, and I'm not gonna be as harsh toward her as I used to be. Russian Roulette? Fabulous. Only Girl? Fantastic. Umbrella's a classic, and We Found Love is one of the better pop songs of the past few years. I still think she's a terrible live act and has a personality (and lifestyle) that I don't put much stock into, but her team is still the best in the business so I won't front. Consider this a PENDING TRUCE.

Now I shall wait for Diamonds. Lol

Artemisia

Banned
Will Rihanna finally get that #1 album?

Rihanna albums would easily go number 1 if her label was a bit more cautious about when they were releasing the album.

TTT sold 300k in it's first week right? That could have easily been number 1 had she released the album in early 2012 instead of the crowded fall-winter season.

Mau ®

Alright #Navy, confession time.

Not only am I sort of really looking forward to Diamonds, but RiRi and I are slowly on the mend now. I've been listening more and more to her songs lately, and I'm not gonna be as harsh toward her as I used to be. Russian Roulette? Fabulous. Only Girl? Fantastic. Umbrella's a classic, and We Found Love is one of the better pop songs of the past few years. I still think she's a terrible live act and has a personality (and lifestyle) that I don't put much stock into, but her team is still the best in the business so I won't front. Consider this a PENDING TRUCE.

Now I shall wait for Diamonds. Lol

Yass Soulsis!!!

Everybody is coming together for #Diamonds

tumblr_lstmirPH1W1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Artemisia

Banned
OMFG I JUST SAW AN AD FOR PUSH AND SHOVE ON TV

QMKOe.gif

THEY WERE ALL IN SOME BLACK ROOM WITH NEON LIGHTS PERFORMING ONE MORE SUMMER

QMKOe.gif

LEGIT TEARS STREAMED DOWN MY FACE

QMKOe.gif

Trigger

Rihanna albums would easily go number 1 if her label was a bit more cautious about when they were releasing the album.

TTT sold 300k in it's first week right? That could have easily been number 1 had she released the album in early 2012 instead of the crowded fall-winter season.

Mmhmm. Being #1 isn't a huge deal if singles are doing well, but it wouldn't hurt her people to plan these things better.

Mau ®

Well releasing an album during the holidays IS smart. Sales are higher than on other months.

A #1 album just doesnt seem to be on her team's mind anymore. Rumor has it they really are in it for #1 singles, which are her strong point anyway. She will snatch Madonna's #1 wig this year if Diamonds goes #1 and that will be a far better press bullet for them than a #1 album.

3phemeral

1) Christina still makes vocally impressive studio albums. Not even counting her range, Her raw vocal skills and interpretive ability make her one of the best modern pop singers to come along after the Vocal Trinity.
I agree, her album vocals are always great. But give me Debutina or early promo B2B-tina live any day over the rest.

2) She doesn't lip-sync enough for it to become an asterisk next to her name. She is still capable of excellent vocal performances. So it looks like I'm in the clear.
It's indicative that maybe she needs to take better care of her voice. You can still be soulful, subtle, emotional, impressive, diverse, and all those other things without singing like a chainsaw. Why do you think she's had to lower the key on singing ANOM or B2Y?

3) If you really believe that the primary purpose of lipped vocals is to be deceptive, then I'd say you have a very pessimistic view of Pop singers.
If you're giving the audience the impression you're actually singing, then yes, it's primary purpose is to be deceptive. You think people are going to the concert to listen to lipped vocals? If it isn't such a big deal, why do you think people get so defensive when they assert she's lipping?

Music is so diverse that I could never limit myself to just vocal "perfection" only. Although, it's a good thing my fave does have a great voice.
I do expect a song to be sung the way it was originally intended, if not, then be musically as good as. If an artist creates a song specifically to evoke a mood or emotion and doesn't sing it faithfully, what's the point?

And diversity =/= strained mess. That's what musicality is. You don't even have to have a range like Mariah or a tone like Whitney's to produce musical diversity. Music is more than vocals, but if you're primarily a vocalist (because we all know Christina ain't pushing her dancing) and you're having difficulty with that, then maybe you should rethink your approach. There were rumors that she started to retrain her vocals several months back. Maybe Lotus' live performances will be indicative of that.

And I feel it's just sad, because even with her bad habits live I think Christina is a truly gifted singer AND pop personality.
Christina is truly a gifted album vocalist
and occasionally great live singer
. She never did justice to Walk Away ever, and Walk Away is crafted in such a way that you don't just skip the lyrics when you're singing it, or the progression to the various climaxes. That song is heavily structured around the emotional and lyrical content, and she's never done it justice.

you.are.a.mess. I mean are you seriously using youtube videos w/ (generally) bad audio-sync as evidence that Christina lipses on tour/in general? Girl, boom.
I'm not here for delusional.
YpkVv.gif

botty

Banned
Azealia Banks can never come for Nicki Minaj. Not with a career reflective of an independent artist, and sales mirroring Mandy Moore's last album.

iOTJLNeLbOCEC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom