• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

19 > 21

ec20fb7f.gif

Edit: I saw a really interesting post on atrl, and thought I should share it:

Someone said Britney is the most successful because she came out first, and the response (quoted post) is basically comparing the release date of these debut pop girls' albums to their success over the years.

Is this only for white girls because how does Beyawnce fit in? What about St!nk?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't really get the Azealia/Munchi thing. He's mad because they didn't consult him over releasing Esta Noche as a single? Or what.

royalan

You know, I want to feel bad for Azealia, but I don't. She has such a fucking rotten ass attitude for someone who hasn't done shit yet that this was a long time coming.

Maybe now she'll think twice before trying to pop off on somebody, because Munchi just Dragged her ASS through the DEPTHS. I felt that scalping.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So I think he's mad because she 'sampled' one of his tracks (basically, used his track as a backing track) without asking, released it on Fantasea, lined it up as a single, released artwork, release date, planned video, etc. then sought his permission to use it, which he refused, so now Azealia's team are trying to buy him off?

I guess no Esta Noche single release after all.

botty

Banned
I don't really get the Azealia/Munchi thing. He's mad because they didn't consult him over releasing Esta Noche as a single? Or what.

Most of Azealia Banks' work is stolen from other artist. Her record label is supposed to pay these artist for those samples, however most record labels are powerful enough to brush aside, or pay off smaller artist to keep them quiet.

Este Noche is an example of this, and because Munchi is not money hungry, he is sounded off at the way the record label was handling the deal. You aren't supposed to record a video, and release a song as a single prior to paying off the artist.

I'm so glad Munchi is reading Kleptzealia noBanks her Miranda Rights, because this shit happens way to often.

But isn't Fantasea a mix tape? Tho?.....

Yes, but Este Noche is being released as a single.

royalan

So I think he's mad because she 'sampled' one of his tracks (basically, used his track as a backing track) without asking, released it on Fantasea, lined it up as a single, released artwork, release date, planned video, etc. then sought his permission to use it, which he refused, so now Azealia's team are trying to buy him off?

Not just that, but when he initially declined instead of trying to negotiate with him she decided to pop off. Then her people whispered in her ear that she really did need his permission to move forward, at which point she had egg thoroughly smeared on her face and Muchi proceeded to educate ha and read her her rights.

Aguila

#ICONIC
OK, now the guy is just REACHING

and he only has one tweet that is not about Azealia. It's a good thing she is not wasting her time with this baboon.

Somebody responded to one of Munchi's tweets saying that the song was unsigned and anybody could have used it. Maybe he just wants recognition now that it has the potential to become a hit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I agree that it's a bum deal for the guy who gets screwed over by the big record label. I read something about Crystal Castles doing this once too, to a guy who does chiptunes.

But then on the other hand, Crystal Castles and Azealia Banks are really good at what they do.

[edit] Also I find it hard to sympathise for a person who is so apparently misogynistic he goes out of his way to change 'bullshit' to 'bitchshit'.

Galang

Banned
Just chiming in to say despite my extreme fandom for Azealia even creating a thread for her, I am 100% team Munchi on this regard.

Munchi was upset when the mixtape was originally released as well. This seems to be more about his artistic integrity. It's really distasteful how they're trying to bribe him with money and trying to force him into releasing the track thinking it's just about the money. What he's not saying, but is pretty apparent is that he's pretty unsatisfied with her dub over his track. Going as far as to do a video shoot, air the song on the radio and all of a sudden announce it as a track on iTunes is a bit much for a song he didn't even clear. His version even uses another sample... They should have involved him in the track the minute the hype for Esta Noche rose and made sure it was okay before announcing any further plans with the track.

She's gone through this problem already with Lazy Jay on 212 and Master-D on Fuck Up The Fun, there's no reason for her to be this unprofessional again. :/

I feel SOOO bad for Munchi, don't even care. Katy Perry and all the Azealia Stans calling him names on twitter is horrible. He didn't have to retaliate to the point he did and call her names, but still I completely sympathize with him. The size of her fanbase is overwhelming, and no matter what they're all painting Munchi in a bad light and it's not right.

Wow I clicked on this thread thinking it was POLIGAF. I was really, really confused.
You must have been confused by the intellectual debate and witty repartee that POPGAF™ is best known for.
iOA3AtNMRYoJO.png

Just chiming in to say despite my extreme fandom for Azealia even creating a thread for her, I am 100% team Munchi on this regard.

Munchi was upset when the mixtape was originally released as well. This seems to be more about his artistic integrity. It's really distasteful how they're trying to bribe him with money and trying to force him into releasing the track thinking it's just about the money. What he's not saying, but is pretty apparent is that he's pretty unsatisfied with her dub over his track. Going as far as to do a video shoot, air the song on the radio and all of a sudden announce it as a track on iTunes is a bit much for a song he didn't even clear. His version even uses another sample... They should have involved him in the track the minute the hype for Esta Noche rose and made sure it was okay before announcing any further plans with the track.

She's gone through this problem already with Lazy Jay on 212 and Master-D on Fuck Up The Fun, there's no reason for her to be this unprofessional again. :/

I feel SOOO bad for Munchi, don't even care. Katy Perry and all the Azealia Stans calling him names on twitter is horrible. He didn't have to retaliate to the point he did and call her names, but still I completely sympathize with him. The size of her fanbase is overwhelming, and no matter what they're all painting Munchi in a bad light and it's not right.

Welcome! Lord knows MIA could use some more luvin' in here.
iOA3AtNMRYoJO.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Countersigned. Maybe if Munchi blocks the release of Esta Noche her team'll get the message and ask permission before they do it again.

Trigger

Oh my. I never heard of that before.
nULmZ.png

Galang

Banned
Welcome! Lord knows MIA could use some more luvin' in here.
iOA3AtNMRYoJO.png

Thanks!! Yes she could :)!!!!!

Oh my. I never heard of that before.
nULmZ.png

Yeahh :/. Lazy Jay credits were missing from the track on certain outlets. 212 was quietly taken down on iTunes as well until the Lazy Jay was credited properly. They don't seem to mind at all now that their name is on it and they are getting the proper royalties. :) I'm trying to dig up information on it, but it wasn't a big deal then since she wasn't a big artist. I'm pretty sure the hype caught her by surprise too.

And on Fuck Up The Fun, she credited Diplo but was unaware Diplo's version itself was actually a remix of Master-D... and he called them both out on it. Neptune/Luxury are at least approved so hopefully she won't let this happen again... but it's so unprofessional. The day Fantasea dropped she handled it poorly as well. She kinda seems like a bully to me, I hate it.

Countersigned. Maybe if Munchi blocks the release of Esta Noche her team'll get the message and ask permission before they do it again.

Hah yeah it's possible!! I can imagine the record label going crazy about now.

Trigger

Yeahh :/. Lazy Jay credits were missing from the track on certain outlets. 212 was quietly taken down on iTunes as well until the Lazy Jay was credited properly. They don't seem to mind at all now that their name is on it and they are getting the proper royalties. :) I'm trying to dig up information on it, but it wasn't a big deal then since she wasn't a big artist. I'm pretty sure the hype caught her by surprise too.

And on Fuck Up The Fun, she credited Diplo but was unaware Diplo's version itself was actually a remix of Master-D... and he called them both out on it. Neptune/Luxury are at least approved so hopefully she won't let this happen again... but it's so unprofessional. The day Fantasea dropped she handled it poorly as well. She kinda seems like a bully to me, I hate it.

Terrible.
5b373a2e.gif

Christopher

Slug Shoot me for singing in my car get Christina can do it? Good day Have a seat...lol I'm really feeling the single guys I have an Yuri feeling that Rhianna is coming to take her momentum away :(

Kyon

Banned
Wow, so Nelly Furtado's new album sold less than 6,000 copies in the US and less than 3,000 in the UK last week? Is that even possible?

/ohmy

Ciara sold 60k of Basic Instinct. She sold more lol

LordT Xtina better not flop this era or it will be Bionic all over again

xaosslug

Slug Shoot me for singing in my car get Christina can do it? Good day Have a seat...lol I'm really feeling the single guys I have an Yuri feeling that Rhianna is coming to take her momentum away :(

NOT singing in your car, but using your cell phone to record yourself singing, while DRIVING yourself in your car!
qyHCW.gif
otoh, Christina's car is parked/stalled in the middle of the Mojave. #safety1st

Mau ®

Diamonds Lyrics

Intro
Shine Bright like a diamond

Verse 1

Find light in the the beautiful sea i choose to be happy
you and i, you and i
we're like diamonds in the sky
you're a shooting star i see
A vision of ecstasy
when you hold me, i'm alive we're like diamonds in the sky

PRE-CHORUS

I knew that we'd become one right away a right away
at first site i felt the energy of sun rays
i saw the life inside your-eyes

Hook

so shine bright, tonight, you and i
we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky eye to eye, so alive
we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky eye to eye, so alive
we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

Shine Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond Shining Bright like a diamond
Shine Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond Shining Bright like a diamond

Bridge

Shine Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond

Hook

Verse 2

Palms rise to the universe
as we, moonshine and molly Feel the warmth we'll never die we're like diamonds in the sky

you're a shooting star i see
A vision of ecstacy
when you hold me, i'm alive we're like diamonds in the sky

PRECHORUS

at first site i felt the energy of sun rays i saw the life inside your eyes
eye to eye, so alive

Ad Lib outro

Shining Bright like a diamond Shining Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond
Shine Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond Shine Bright like a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom