• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Nicki Minaj's Pound The Alarm peaked around 80M AI. While this isnt a terrible number, it is a problematic situation for someone who cant rely on any other format. Both Starships and Super Bass peaked around 140M in airplay, meaning that Minaj has lost almost 50% of her usual airplay in between Starships and PTA. Minaj is no stranger to falling out with radio fortmats as last year the Urban Format started boycotting her after her apparent "selling out" as well as other events. It is unclear if the pop format will also apply a form of boycott after the Carey feud.

YES YES YES

Let's put this girl back where she belongs... out of our ears.

Aguila

#ICONIC
It warms my heart to see that Ellie Slaying is still there.

14. NICKI GARBAJ – Pound The Alarm: 79.089 (- 0.619)

Yg9dP.gif

Trigger

17. MIGUEL - Adorn: 68.589 (+ 1.178)

This song has been slaying me lately. Sexual Healing 2.0

ITZ's notes

+ Nicki Minaj's Pound The Alarm peaked around 80M AI. While this isnt a terrible number, it is a problematic situation for someone who cant rely on any other format. Both Starships and Super Bass peaked around 140M in airplay, meaning that Minaj has lost almost 50% of her usual airplay in between Starships and PTA. Minaj is no stranger to falling out with radio fortmats as last year the Urban Format started boycotting her after her apparent "selling out" as well as other events. It is unclear if the pop format will also apply a form of boycott after the Carey feud.

Poor brave Nicki.

Mau ®

Let us take a break for Garbaj and focus on Rihanna slaying everybody in TOP 40 with only 8 years in da game. She also happens to be the youngest artist in the lists. RihALLAH truly is our generation's biggest hitmaker.

Top Artists (1992-2012) Billboard
01. Rihanna
02. P! Nk
03. Britney Spears
04. Kelly Clarkson
05. Mariah Carey
06. Katy Perry
07. Usher
08. The Black Eyed Peas
09. Janet Jackson
10. Madonna

Artists more # 1 in the chart:
01. Rihanna (9)
02. Katy Perry (9)
03. P! Nk (8)
04. Britney Spears (7)
05. Lady Gaga (7)
06. Beyoncé (6)
07. Mariah Carey (6)

Most successful artists entered the Top 40:
01. Rihanna (33)
02. Britney Spears (29)
03. Mariah Carey (29)
04. Madonna (28)
05. Lil Wayne (26)

Most successful artists in the Top 10 of the chart:
01. Rihanna (21)
02. Mariah Carey (17)
03. Usher (16)
04. Britney Spears (15)
05. P! Nk (15)

ibfmrsT34v9FIJ.gif

Mumei

So painful to look at. I was actually surprised at first that Mariah wasn't higher until I realized that her songs generally peak quickly, hold on for a few weeks, but fall off quickly after their peak as opposed to floating around in the top 40 for eons.

Which is why, say, Since U Been Gone was "bigger" in some sense than We Belong Together despite never coming close to the same airplay numbers.

This past week has made me so happy
tM7gX.gif

More Nicki burning bridges and another couple of minutes pass on her 15 minute life line
Migurl SLAYING and halfway coming out the closet
Pharrell showing us what it looks like when he bottoms and his ass is clean shaven
Frank Ocean trotting around showing us the results of his workouts
Ciara Slaying the R&B Charts
Rihanna's pop reign not letting up
Now knowing what Lana Del Rey's pussy tastes like
Azealia Banks new video

Just...

Trigger

This past week has made me so happy
tM7gX.gif

More Nicki burning bridges and another couple of minutes pass on her 15 minute life line
Migurl SLAYING and halfway coming out the closet
Pharrell showing us what it looks like when he bottoms and his ass is clean shaven

Frank Ocean trotting around showing us the results of his workouts
Ciara Slaying the R&B Charts
Rihanna's pop reign not letting up
Now knowing what Lana Del Rey's pussy tastes like

Just...

What in the what now?

Trigger

Pharell has a nice ass, and I now have more reasons to like Miguel.

Speaking of Miguel, all the ads I've seen on GAF are for his new album. Get dat promo.

Mau ®

This weeks Hot 100 Top 10

1.- One More Night
2.- Gangnam Style
3.- Some Nights
4.- We Are Never...
5.- Blow Me
6.- As Long As You Love Me
7.- Begin Again
8.- Whistle
9.- Too Close
10.- Good Time
13.- Die Young
16.- Diamonds

royalan

So Stooshe is quickly becoming my favorite new girl group.

They've recently premiered their new single, which is a cover version of TLC's "Waterfalls".

At first I was like:

brWXS.gif

Because that is a CLASSIC song that is not to be fucked with.

But then I listened to it, and:

1Wk18.gif

Just fabulous. Absolutely fabulous.

The production is updated and modern while still remaining true to the laid-back 90s feel of the original. There is no WUB WUB WUB or gratuitous dance breaks here. It has a similar "ode to the 90s" feel that could be found on Beyonce's 4,
but done much better, in my opinion.
I also love how they flip Left Eye's ICONIC verse.

And vocally the girls are just on a HIGHER TIER in comparison to ANY sort of GROUP that has debuted in recent years. I love that you can actually hear the girls harmonizing with each other. Too often these days vocals are so processed with this lesser groups that it all sounds like one big homogeneous blob of sound and you're left wondering what the fuck the point was in having a group in the first place. Not here. You can hear all three girls and the roll they play in the group's sound. Great vocal chemistry and very raw in comparison to the other groups that try it nowadays.

I'm bopping. 4.5/5

botty

Banned
I see people trying to spill false tea...

Nicki Minaj's rant on the "American Idol" set Tuesday went way beyond name-calling ... she threatened Mariah Carey's life -- this according to sources connected to the production.

Our sources say ... in the heat of the argument, Nicki said, "If I had a gun I would shoot her."

The alleged threat was not captured on the video obtained by TMZ. But this is interesting ... if you listen to the audio closely, 11 seconds in you hear Nicki say to Mariah, "Off with your head! Off with your head!."

A source close to Nicki says the singer calls B.S. on the death threat allegation.

And the Update:

Nigel Lythgoe tells TMZ, "The statement [that Nicki made a death threat] is absolute rubbish. It's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form." Nigel added that Mariah confronted Nicki this morning and asked if she made the death threat and Nicki said absolutely not. Nigel says Mariah's people are stirring the pot and gave her bad info.

ibqgTotgHdESGl.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

What's the true tea? That she didn't threaten her life? She only said the queen is 'boring as fuck' and to 'handle it' and 'off with her head'? Nicki's 15 minutes are quickly winding down, and I'm so glad that we'll get to see it all play out on national TV. She'll look like the fucking joke that she really is, and as we can see from her music recently, radio and consumers aren't really here for her anymore. She's gotten an inflated head to match her inflated tits and inflated ass, and hopefully with all the hot air she's full of and being pumped up with, she'll float off to oblivion sooner, rather than later.

iG4SKMeiVtYtX.gif

Majmun

Nicki's meltdown was amazing. Can't wait to see more.
Mariah stays so calm. I love her attitude. It makes Nicki look like a little child.

#TeamMessiah

botty

Banned

I can't.
5zvrU.png

What's the true tea? That she didn't threaten her life? She only said the queen is 'boring as fuck' and to 'handle it' and 'off with her head'? Nicki's 15 minutes are quickly winding down, and I'm so glad that we'll get to see it all play out on national TV. She'll look like the fucking joke that she really is, and as we can see from her music recently, radio and consumers aren't really here for her anymore. She's gotten an inflated head to match her inflated tits and inflated ass, and hopefully with all the hot air she's full of and being pumped up with, she'll float off to oblivion sooner, rather than later.

I'm not picking sides here, because I find it really gross that these two successful women are going to be potentially exploited with this feud. I will say that Nicki's outburst was uncalled for, and when the show airs we will be able to see the full story (granted it isn't edited beyond recognition).

iIbaxl28X8hPT.gif

Mau ®

iYhQDDXGfgqK0.gif

Mau ®

BTW peeps... here's the TOP 20 of the biggest TOP 40 tracks since 1992

___

20 PARTY ROCK ANTHEM LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock (2011)

19 THE WAY I ARE Timbaland Featuring Keri Hilson (2007)

18 MOVES LIKE JAGGER Maroon 5 Featuring Christina Aguilera (2011)

17 BECAUSE OF YOU Kelly Clarkson (2005)

16 …BABY ONE MORE TIME Britney Spears (1999)

15 TIK TOK Ke$ha (2010)

14 I LOVE YOU ALWAYS FOREVER Donna Lewis (1996)

13 LOW Flo Rida Featuring T-Pain (2008)

12 WE FOUND LOVE Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris (2011)

11 HOW YOU REMIND ME Nickelback (2001)

10 SINCE U BEEN GONE Kelly Clarkson (2005)

9 SLIDE Goo Goo Dolls (1999)

8 HERE WITHOUT YOU 3 Doors Down (2003)

7 DON’T SPEAK No Doubt (1996)

6 TRULY MADLY DEEPLY Savage Garden (1998)

5 SMOOTH Santana Featuring Rob Thomas (1999)

4 HANGING BY A MOMENT Lifehouse (2001)

3 APOLOGIZE Timbaland Featuring OneRepublic (2008)

2 ANOTHER NIGHT Real McCoy (1994)

1 IRIS Goo Goo Dolls (1998)

Lets give it up for Stooshe? Yes? *.*

Sorry sis I only stan acts in the inmediate vecinity of the TOP 10 of itunes or Billboard *.*

Mau ®

According to a report on E!, pop star Rihanna and the love of her life/America's sweetheart Chris Brown were caught making out in a New York City club early Tuesday morning. Here's what we think we know: Brown and his buddy, Bow Wow, arrived at Manhattan club Griffin and sat at a table. A little later, Rihanna arrived and sat nearby. E!'s source says: "She knew he was there." So, there's that.

At some point in the night, Brown went to Rihanna's table. This is where it gets interesting/possibly unbelievable (but also totally believable). Rihanna reportedly then took off Brown's shirt and began dancing and making out with him. Scandal!

But the two left separately at 4 AM, so maybe it wasn't too scandalous an evening for the former couple? Wrong. The Huffington Post reports Brown was seen "sneaking" out of Rihanna's hotel the next afternoon.

brWXS.gif

3phemeral

Nicki needs to SIT and deal with the fact that Messiah Carey is an accomplished vocalist, songwriter, and producer who's had a number for every year of the 90s, broken records, achieved LEGEND status. Mariah is probably bombarded with compliments left and right of contestants that grew up inspired by her LIGHT. Nicki is just a lessor who has to deal with the inevitable conversations that will be had around Godriah alone.

I can't wait for the live shade, if it even gets that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom