• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
omg Don't say a worda';dlfkasdflk

iq1kE0yC1Ztj.gif
iq1kE0yC1Ztj.gif
iq1kE0yC1Ztj.gif
iq1kE0yC1Ztj.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS FOR THE SECOND COMING OF THE ALMIGHTY (ALOUD)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/girls-aloud-reunion-all-five-are-back-1357144

Hear that? It’s the Sound of the Underground.

Oh, and five pairs of towering eight-inch designer stilettos tapping in time to the beat of a GIRLS ALOUD COMEBACK SINGLE.

After months – actually, years – of speculation, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Nicola Roberts, Sarah Harding and even Nadine Coyle are back together.

And they filmed the video evidence to prove it yesterday afternoon.

The girls took a supposed “year-long hiatus” in 2009, which stretched on three times as long until they eventually agreed to put their Whole Lotta History behind them to mark their 10th anniversary next month.

I’m told: “The girls recorded tracks with their long-time collaborators Xenomania as early as May this year.

“Some of them recorded their vocals separately, so they didn’t actually see each other that much during the process.

“Obviously, Nadine has been pretty estranged from the group during their time off, too.

“But on Tuesday, all five were together to film the video for their big return song, which is due out next month.

“It was the last possible opportunity they would all have to get together in time for the release, as Cheryl has been busy rehearsing for her tour and Kimberley’s training schedule for Strictly has been getting more and more intense.”

Along with those two gym bunnies, Sarah, 30, has been working out loads in the past few months, so it’s safe to say all five girls are in great shape for the forthcoming dance moves.

But the girls aren’t giving up their new day jobs just yet...Cheryl, 29, kicks off her debut solo tour this evening in Northern Ireland, writing on Twitter yesterday: “Belfast I’m coming for you!!!!! #AMillionLightsTour Aaaaaahhh!!!!”

Meanwhile, Kimberley, 30, gets straight back into rehearsals with partner Pasha Kovalev (Nicola went to watch them after recording the vid yesterday).

The band, was formed way back in November 2002 on Popstars: The Rivals.

Rumours of a One True Voice reunion song and video remain, as yet, unconfirmed.

tumblr_mb5oc0wml91r2cexy9a.gif

i hope it's a MASSIVE DANCEFLOOR BANGER and not a ballad

Artemisia

Banned
Halcyon already picking up them good reviews

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20635710,00.html

Coming off the success of ''Lights,'' Halcyon could have gone for easy crossovers. But the album is slightly too weird for that — and that's what makes it good. Be forewarned: There are harp solos, digitally tweaked cyborg harmonies, and at least one tribute to bodily fluids (''My Blood''). But they're anchored by giant, disco-ball hooks and the type of dance beats you might find on a NOW That's What I Call Music! comp. Goulding has Adele's torch-singer heartbreak down on the smoldering electro-soul track ''Only You,'' and the soaring ''Anything Could Happen'' has real smash potential. Just don't tell pop-radio DJs that it's actually about skinny-dipping. B+

I don't even. But the final score is good!

Trigger

Damn it. Godels stanning has converted me. I am now awaiting the impending Gods Aloud slayage. *.*

Also: Halcyon is pretty good. Only You, My Blood, and Explosions full versions slayed me hard last night.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Damn it. Godels stanning has converted me. I am now awaiting the impending Gods Aloud slayage. *.*

Sis it is not the stanning that converts you it is the simple fact that Girls Aloud slay. The stanning is merely to make you aware of their ALMIGHTY GREATNESS.

Peru

Xenomania are a shadow of their former selves though so I'm not sure. Maybe Girls Aloud have the power to resurrect them.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hoping it flops and Trash Aloud break up for good.

1cosx.gif

thanks for your input, Bladenic

Xenomania are a shadow of their former selves though so I'm not sure. Maybe Girls Aloud have the power to resurrect them.

Xenomania made the best contributions to The Saturdays' last alberm. I'm worried they wont be able to match the flaw-free magic of their earlier work tho.

Mau ®

RIHANNA – Diamonds: 32.741 (- 15.863)

Poor dat

I actually predicted a worse update so Im happy. In RIHality it got a 7M update... what kind of slayage?

It's been a decade now since I won American Idol. Sometimes it feels longer because although it has been exciting that was a lot of pressure to have as a 19 year old girl. To own a company, lead an organization as a business woman, and be able to create music I'm proud of has been tough, but inspiring, for me. To celebrate the strength and longevity that my fans, friends, and family have supported me with I wrote this song "Catch my Breath" with one of my best friends that has seen me through everything. This song represents who I've been, what I've felt, and where I'm headed as not only an artist but as a 30 year old that is now smart enough to know that it's time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today. The song will be part of my first ever greatest hits (!!) coming in November. Thank you everyone that has been a part of my career and life. Here's to another decade of passion and fun! I hope you like the song…its coming next week

398263_10151191628899561_317120173_n.jpg

P.S. I've already thought of every weight-related 'Catch My Breath' joke, so y'all can take some seats.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Trigger

I'm actually excited for the new Kellegend single. Ms. Clarkson has never put out a truly bad song. Best case scenario is that I'm slayed. Worst case scenario this song is just ok.

royalan

Nicki Minaj ‏@NICKIMINAJ
Barbara walters didn't reach out from our team barbz. I guess we're too dangerous. Don't shake if u don't wannA get shook!!!! LmAooooooooooo

Wow.....Nicki coming for Barbara Walters now?

I am really surprised at both sides, really. I mean, Mimi's kept it a lot classier, but you would have thought the both of them would have shut up about this by now and let it blow over.

It's getting to the point where I don't know how both of them (read: Nicki) will make it to air.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The struggle to be a victim is real in these streets. Lmaooooooooooo <- Mariah Shade?

The struggle to not have the kid on the show is real in these streets. Lmaooooooooo <- AI Shade?

So glad she's digging her grave

SO GLAD

Christopher

Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson always have great videos...they may be simple, but they actually relate to the song, and are a lot of fun.

I don't know how you guys stand Lady Gaga videos...

Trigger

This AI panel will be so awkward. I think the last time the judges had any friction was Katy's guest stint during auditions?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You guys never had anything like Cheryl Osborne throwing her glass of water over [edit]Louis Walsh?

Lordt no wonder you guys produce such boring winners.

Mau ®

So uh.... Your Body falls to #64 on the Hot 100. (´&#12540;&#65344;)&#9484;

And the Greatest Hits album is out November 19th...same time as Rihanna's album
iupCowi4vwpT7.gif

Its not confirmed R7 is out on the 19th. Im hearing late November/ Early december.

Kelly has the republican vote anyway. They will buy ha album (´&#12540;&#65344;)&#9484;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom