• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

HALCYON OCTOBER 9TH IN THE US YA'LL, DON'T FORGET.
ELLIE IS COMING FOR ADULL'S, LEONA HEWIS'
bhuHH.gif
, AND ALL THE BRITISH POP ARTISTS' WIGS.

tumblr_m9w90i05hm1qhdjtco1_500.gif

#HalcyonSemiWorldDomination2012
#HalcyonWorldDomination2014

Much love to you GAF Leona. This board wouldn't be the same without you, tbh.

Album is so much worse than her debut, which was kind of boring besides a few songs. She's done to me.

bhuHH.gif

The respect, the dignified sportsmanship, the humble acknowledgement of British superiority.

Let's see who comes out on top, my fair opponent!

ibv5rKJufihW4L.gif

royalan

Skip those and read the comics first. They're good and way better than the show.

But I still like the show, tho. Can't wait for the new season.

Still haven't played the games...

Sis I love that damn show.

You and I will have to navigate those #MESSY Walking Dead threads together. *.*

Aguila

#ICONIC
bhuHH.gif

YAS. TUESDAY is the DAY.

I. Can't. Wait.

tumblr_m7iy6nJ8RF1r6cg29.gif

To touch on that Born This Way piss-fest I just missed, I just wanted to add a few notes:

- Bad Kids may have a pretty B-side chorus that hinders the package a great deal, but the verses and the complementary instrumental are smash-single-worthy. Actually, if the chorus was up to the par with the momentum presented in the verses (and that killer guitar riff in the background) then it could have been an anthem along the lines of Poker Face and Bad Romance. Unfortunately it was shoved in the middle of the listening experience where albums tend to get a bit mushy and stalled so understandably it's easy to peg it down to just a filler track. But I suggest that you all listen to it again (with earphones), and treat it like it was a heavily promoted single, and you'll BELIEVE in those verses. It took a long time for the song to hit me but when it did it motherfuckin' DID.

- Only recently did Electric Chapel finally jive with me on a major level. For so long I would just skip over that song but I was blasting it in the car a few weeks ago and it finally clicked with me. That thumping drum with her soothing, modern-Madonna-vocal layered over it... so sexy. It took me so long to realize that the song is about her trying to convert people into her cult, she's giving a tour of her own brand, saying that it's more meaningful than just "sex or champagne," but that even the more serious moments of her work are presented "under the disco ball." I love when a song is written intelligently using esoteric lyrics, and this song does it really well. Finally giving this song the credit it deserves.

- Government Hooker probably has the best vocals of her career layered on it, and I'm finding that a lot of my straight friends absolutely love this song. The biggest reason that I'm absolutely in love with Lady Gaga is because of her studio vocals. She knows how to engineer her voice to be cute, sexy, soprano-like or monotonous. Her voice was born to sing pop music and her vocals are especially impressive when bluntly making bold, successive statements. Government Hooker probably would not have been as successful a song if it was sung by another person.

royalan

You know it's strange: Taylor Swift is selling by the bucket load...and yet I rarely see her mentioned at the typical places I go to get pop news. And definitely not as much as girls selling not nearly as well.

I wonder why that is.

You know it's strange: Taylor Swift is selling by the bucket load...and yet I rarely see her mentioned at the typical places I go to get pop news. And definitely not as much as girls selling not nearly as well.

I wonder why that is.

Because Taylor Swift is about as interesting to talk about as Norah Jones was and is

Styles

Skyfall is slaying Red though.

We will see come Wednesday.

ibwU1mi32pJbjO.gif

I wonder why that is.
That's because she sells on name alone, comes to show how relevant she is.

ibwU1mi32pJbjO.gif

Because Taylor Swift is about as interesting to talk about as Norah Jones was and is

She is interesting enough for the three hundred thousand or so people that buy her promotional singles each week.

ibwU1mi32pJbjO.gif

Nemesis_

Don't even post rn tbh you never added me on PSN I had your requested and you just ignore me. I C how it is ;_______________;

Sis my PS3 broke ages ago and I cbf getting it fixed RN. Also I haven't touched my Vita for like, a month. Cos no games. ;_________;

I'll go check now

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think Taylor Swift is cute and seems like a lovely person to be around.

Lana Del Rey has a nice smile and I wish she'd smile more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom