• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta be honest, not really a fan of Gaga's look ever since she got back to America.

Ayid-34CAAA3x9a.jpg

She looks really odd - like she is doing her make up differently or done plastic surgery. I can't work it out.

tumblr_m7ftwpmIhR1r1okmxo3_250.gif

I don't appreciate your TONE tbh

On other notes of animals, the HORSE has put up a video log that will be the first of many related to GLASSFLOP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTBvgPJpZ0&feature=youtu.be
I don't appreciate YOUR tone tbh

Spirit was a mediocre record that had three hits. Echo was a good record that lacked a single hit. All indications are that Glassheart will be a great record with mass appeal.

Some press buzz on the lead single:

From "The Sun": raving about the lyrics of "Trouble," so much so that the writer excitedly jotted them down

You drink more than you used to, fell in love how could you?
Trust your heart like only fools do, hold on let it bleed.
You smoked 10 now it’s 20, bet you wish you’d never met me.
To stick around you must be crazy, hold on let it bleed.

I told you never to get used to me, I stay awake while you fall asleep.
I’m a whole lot of trouble, we’re in a whole lot of trouble.
You shout louder than you used to, and you hold on tighter in the bedroom.

From "The Guardian": raving about the fresh sound of "Trouble"

"Most intriguingly, there's the stunning trip-hop of Trouble ("It's very London,"), as if Kate Bush in 1979 was transported through a pop Tardis to front Massive Attack in 1991. Her spectral vocal imploring "I'm a whole lot of trouble."

From "The Mirror" Twitter page, a notoriously anti-Leona/X-Factor rag:

"Just heard the new Leona track Trouble being played LOUD in an office I was at. It's blooming huge. Tempo wise Trouble is probably most like Emeli Sandé's Heaven. It's actually cool. Really slick. Not a soppy ballad."

"Happy" (Echo's lead single) received nothing in the way of praise from the UK critics. It was a terrible start for that era, yet it still shot up to #2 on the charts (blocked by freakin' Black Eyed Peas...)

"Trouble" looks to be EVERYTHING and a half. Leona is coming for wigs, people.

iOVMZ6eK32gK4.jpg

Hope your veins are ready.

royalan

Also not feeling The Guardian with that comparison to Kate Bush. The two singers are NOTHING alike - in genre, tone or execution.

royalan

Wow....

So, Boy George apparently did a cover of Lana Del Rey's song "Video Games" and released a video for it today.

And it's fucking flawless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFz0i8iqbGo&feature=player_embedded#!

An acoustic cover, which usually bore me to tears, but something about Boy George's weathered voice sells the story to me. There's a heartache he expresses that matches up with Lana's original version, even if the vocals are completely different.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Mari sis, type if you're ok

Sis, its Gaga I am ok.... That thing can keep comparing her to the TTT era (even though I did that first when she arrived to America)

then I was reminded Gaga would never do something like this

rihanna-doing-coke.jpg

that right there is TTT teas not what Gaga is doing

i9MuHgeVOKW3r.gif

Nemesis_

uwubU.gif
uwubU.gif
uwubU.gif

!!!! DUCK ALERT !!!!

A major Melbourne music journo recently sat down with Lana Del Rey. She's in Australia performing for some festival, but also playing several side shows. He sat down with her and THESE GEMS appeared.

vxRqG.png

KiNlH.png

91awB.png

MVL7G.png

uwubU.gif
uwubU.gif
uwubU.gif

SaintZ

NON-NEWS:

Kreayshawn continues to be FLAWLESS in her new music video. One of the craziest/visually stimulating videos I've ever seen. All the basics WISH they could be this creative.

Go Hard (La.La.La.)
I don't like Kreayshawn (specially because she had the nerve to diss Lana) but the song isn't that bad. The video is nothing original though. Cat Pierce (from The Pierces) did it first and classier tbh.
ICANT
oCi6S.gif

The SLAYAGE by Lana is unstoppable tbh. Now the Daily Mail is reporting this:
Having just been announced as the new face of H&M, Lana Del Rey is now in talks to front an advertising campaign for Jaguar.

The 26-year-old Video Games singer and Vogue cover star could be following in the footsteps of British model Laura Bailey, who was the face of the car manufacturer’s X-Type.

‘We have been in talks with Lana, but nothing has been confirmed,’ a Jaguar spokesman said.
22AJD.gif

#whenwillyourfaves

Kyon

Banned
Lana Australian Show Review
Despite that performance on Saturday Night Live, critics have been slowly warming to the young songstress. Still being sceptical of her talents, I had braced myself for a performance that critics would attack like hyenas on a struggling baby zebra, but also allowed myself to be immersed in the performance.

Any fears of vocal quality were quickly snuffed out as her operatic quality high notes as well as her sultry low notes were hit with clarity and purpose.

Her hauntingly beautiful voice sparkled with the freedom that her choice of on-stage instruments allowed.

The highlight of the set saw Del Rey’s voice soar with effortless ease during Million Dollar Man, as falsetto notes were hit without a hint of breaking.

Having sold out two shows at the Palace, it’s clear that much of Melbourne have been converted long before I was. Splendid.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/gig/lana-del-rey-palace-theatre-23072012/#image1

#Effortless
#NoLiesSpotted
#Flawless
#Queen
angelinajoliesaveyoutub.gif

On top of that BTD is currently at 2.3 mill sold WITHOUT the help of the wishy washy DISGRACEFUL US market

67d90ee8.gif

royalan

Although I am impressed with little miss Paris. Girl is growing up to be quite the #BADBITCH.

Dontfuck with Grandma Katherine...

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yeah, Paris HAS been live tweeting pretty much ALL they business lately. Lol

#GROUNDED

That's gonna be Blue Ivy in a few years.

She'll be on Twitter airing the Knowles-Carter's business out, sub-tweeting Beyonce, shading Mama Tina, tweeting her dad asking for money, and not acknowledging Matthew's presence.

Milchjon

I don't get the backlash against Lana Del Rey. The more I listen to individual songs, the more I like them. Summertime Sadness is great.

royalan

That's gonna be Blue Ivy in a few years.

She'll be on Twitter airing the Knowles-Carter's business out, sub-tweeting Beyonce, shading Mama Tina, tweeting her dad asking for money, and not acknowledging Matthew's presence.

Honestly, i do believe this is what it's coming down to.

No doubt something shady is going down in the Jackson family compound right now, but a lot of this seems to be stemming from people reacting to Paris tweets. And, well, she's a teenage girl. Of course she's going to tweet about stuff like it's the end of the world.

And I want to believe that Janet is involved to keep some sort of order in this chaos. I mean, sure, her siblings are forever broke and thirsty, but she isn't. She's still touring, doing movies, bagging endorsement deals, dating the sons of billionaires, and rumored to be recording. There's still a lot of power in her brand. Basically, she doesn't need MJs money. So it's believable that her involvement is coming from a purer place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom