• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
And yes, this means I did not listen to Blackout. Sue me.
iqkaAxAbdo3z3.gif

royalan

I won't lie, I agree with this. Most of them have nothing to do with the music videos or anything either.

Anyway, here's my faves from XTINCTA. I am honestly / genuinely surprised there's nothing else here that I enjoy ;_;

220px-Christina_Aguilera_-_Fighter_CD_cover.jpg
220px-Diddy_tell_me.jpg

Honestly, I knew this was going to be the next thing, and I've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes trying to think what my favorite Godtina Aguilegend songs are. And I can't.

I just can't. ;_;

And in this world of shade and stanning, that's how I know that I am truly an Xtina stan. Even putting aside the STAN BIAS and OBVIOUS HYPERBOLE we all tend to use in this thread, and trying to think objectively about the MUSIC and its impact on my life, I still feel the same. So much of Christina's body of work just speaks to my Pop sensibilities so completely that it's really hard to pick something out as better than the rest.

As much as I DO like Britney, that Top 10 came to me quickly. I didn't have to think much about it because her music has had such succinct moments in my life that it's easy to think back and go "yeah, those were the specific songs I liked."

But Xtina? Man...Her debut album was fabulous Pop. Stripped in its entirety got me through high school. Back To Basics made me respect her as an artist and as a creative mind behind her own music. And Bionic made me fiercely loyal to her for the sole reason that, because she was paired against the wrong artist (Gaga) at the wrong time, that album will never get the respect it honestly deserves.

Not only that, but for black kid from LA who grew up listening to Motown and R&B/Soul, Christina held the honor of being my first real "bridge" into Pop music (American Pop specifically. Kylie Minogue was my bridge into the Euro-Pop sound).

Christina...she's just tops. Just tops.

Christina:

1. Mercy On Me
2. Understand
3. On Our Way
4. You Lost Me
5. Dirrty
6. Elastic Love
7. Cruz
8. Birds Of Prey
9. Come On Over
10. Can't Hold Us Down

...yes, I enjoy Back to Basics, come at me

Icicle

Because I have love for Xtina too, and want both her and Britney to succeed
but secretly love the battles between those two stan clans in particular
, I'll share my Top 10 for her as well.

Icicle's Essential Christina Aguilera List: said:
1. Genie in a Bottle
2. What a Girl Wants
3. I Turn To You
4. Come on Over Baby (All I Want Is You)
5. Dirrty
6. Beautiful
7. Fighter
8. The Voice Within
9. Ain't No Other Man
10. Save Me From Myself

**I didn't consider Lady Marmalade or Reflection for this list, but they would have made it**

i7zG8HhYGAwiq.gif

Hope I did ha proud, Xtina stans!

Mumei

Honestly, I knew this was going to be the next thing, and I've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes trying to think what my favorite Godtina Aguilegend songs are. And I can't.

I just can't. ;_;

And in this world of shade and stanning, that's how I know that I am truly an Xtina stan. Even putting aside the STAN BIAS and OBVIOUS HYPERBOLE we all tend to use in this thread, and trying to think objectively about the MUSIC and its impact on my life, I still feel the same. So much of Christina's body of work just speaks to my Pop sensibilities so completely that it's really hard to pick something out as better than the rest.

As much as I DO like Britney, that Top 10 came to me quickly. I didn't have to think much about it because her music has had such succinct moments in my life that it's easy to think back and go "yeah, those were the specific songs I liked."

But Xtina? Man...Her debut album was fabulous Pop. Stripped in its entirety got me through high school. Back To Basics made me respect her as an artist and as a creative mind behind her own music. And Bionic made me fiercely loyal to her for the sole reason that, because she was paired against the wrong artist (Gaga) at the wrong time, that album will never get the respect it honestly deserves.

Not only that, but for black kid from LA who grew up listening to Motown and R&B/Soul, Christina held the honor of being my first real "bridge" into Pop music (American Pop specifically. Kylie Minogue was my bridge into the Euro-Pop sound).

is1fVyhl6Y69h.gif

I was tempted to be shady, but I have resisted the temptation. Somehow.

I don't know about an order, but Christina songs I liked:

Genie in a Bottle, What a Girl Wants, Come On Over Baby, Fighter, Beautiful, The Voice Within, Ain't No Other Man, Oh Mother (well the live one... I don't think I've heard the studio), Candyman, Hurt, Save Me From Myself, Mercy on Me, and You Lost Me.

Mercy On Me is my favorite still.

botty

Banned

I just can't. ;_;

14abrc8.gif

;__;

Botty ICANT with your RELENTLESS SHADE.

tumblr_m7lvatendY1r3ovdbo1_400.gif

Cynosure

Billie Joe Armstrong is be joining Christina Aguilera as a mentor for her team in The Voice 3.

I don't know what this means for her album. Her first mentor, Sia, worked on Bionic. I wonder if she is working with Billie Joe on something new.

I approve.
and she looks really cute :3 He looks looks like one of those nerds in comic-con taking pics with a hot model
scared to get close and touch, hover-hand and all

I won't lie, I agree with this. Most of them have nothing to do with the music videos or anything either.[/IMG]

by contrast

220px-01_-_Dirrty.jpg
220px-Christina_Aguilera_-_Fighter_CD_cover.jpg
220px-Christina_Aguilera_featuring_Lil_Kim_-_Cant_Hold_Us_Down_CD_cover.jpg

220px-Ain't_No_Other_Man_-_Single.PNG
fyJQg.jpg
220px-Hurt.jpg

9JWcK.gif

Christina:

1. Mercy On Me
2. Understand
3. On Our Way
4. You Lost Me
5. Dirrty
6. Elastic Love
7. Cruz
8. Birds Of Prey
9. Come On Over
10. Can't Hold Us Down

...yes, I enjoy Back to Basics, come at me

Understand <3333

I would do one now too, but I'm tired and should be getting to sleep

Bladenic

hey Chris

Chris Brown is having a block twitter party and blocking people that are dragging him
get in

WAIT really? In that case I'mma hold off till he stops then go in HARD and ANNIHILATE his very existence. Coming for you Shit Brown.

And oops, didn't know Leona was half-white. That'd explain it.

Icicle

While we're on the subject of Xtina, allow me to throw this out there...

This is meant for those lessors who are foolish enough to try and come for Janet, thinking they'll get away with it:

Empowered Angry Woman said:
You thought I would forget, but I, I remember
Yes, I remember. I'll REMEMBER.

Thanks for making me a FIGHTER, Xtina.

inabrKHHVF8cp.gif

royalan

I don't remember Kimberly becoming evil, but it doesn't surprise me. She always was the best.

That HEAVENLY gif is from the second Power Ranger movie, in which Kimberly makes a brief cameo.

And yes, she was, and will REMAIN, the best Pink Ranger and best Power Ranger PERIOD.

yuPcy.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
If you guys have suggestions for albums/singles to be put into the OP, please PM me. I'm not reading every single post here so I'm likely to miss stuff.

Been listening to a shit ton of Radiohead, SBTRKT, and Purity Ring lately. SBTRKT's song with Jessie Ware (Right Thing To Do) is absolutely fantastic, and Purity Ring is just...so weird and on a different level.

Nemesis_

^ Shouldn't you be BALLS DEEP in SOMEONE right now?

ANYWAY

Australian twin flops The Veronicas have launched their comeback single, LOLITA.

Getting tATu teas from them even though they wrote most of tATu's recent efforts too.

screenshot_237-250x247.jpg

You can listen to it here

The track is produced by Toby Gad, who has produced Meth Face's "Big Girls Don't Cry" as well as Kleptonce's "If I Was A Boy".

You might also remember the Veronicas (especially if you're international) from this "hit" or maybe even this one

Peru

I posted that and no one cared. But it's a good pop song. I like the drama of it.

And they only wrote one tatu song.

Peru

It's ok..

I miss tatu, though, and the song the twins did for them was amazing. After they retired Russia got all homophobic so we can only conclude that the country needs them.

Kyon

Banned
Only got a kiss ;___; #RIP

@Peru sorry hun i was actually going to REPLY to your Veronicas post but i was BUSY lol

I love how they used to trash Ke$ha and look at them now. Song is great tho

Kyon

Banned
#PrayForKyo

Im more a LTR guy so sex not happening the 1st date is good so far.(lolz)

On Topic: Why am i stanning Madonna as if i am one? I am doing Rocket and Pho's JOBS while they're away or something? SMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Not here for this

Nemesis_

Im more a LTR guy so sex not happening the 1st date is good so far.(lolz)

On Topic: Why am i stanning Madonna as if i am one? I am doing Rocket and Pho's JOBS while they're away or something? SMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Not here for this

LTR?

I always assumed you were a Madge stan. You seem to stan for everyone.

Including Domestic Violence

Kyon

Banned
LTR?

I always assumed you were a Madge stan. You seem to stan for everyone.

Including Domestic Violence

Long Term Relationship.
I dont stan for everyone in that way tho. I already posted about this lol.
I stan for good pop music. I only call myself a stan of artists i support through and through.
Liking many artists doesnt mean you are a stan of theirs' tho. That's the big misinterpretation here.

Nemesis_

Long Term Relationship.
I dont stan for everyone in that way tho. I already posted about this lol.
I stan for good pop music. I only call myself a stan of artists i support through and through.
Liking many artists doesnt mean you stan for them tho. That's the big misinterpretation here.

Oh okay I was not DRAGGING SIS, xo

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

tumblr_m6tfjitceg1rstwtkr8.gif

Were you even here for it? She blathered on for about ten minutes about tolerance, the poor people in Greece having no food and how 'there are no external enemies'. It was excruciatingly forced. Then at the end of it she played MASTERPIECE.

Apparently the show only lasted FIFTY MINUTES (including the ten minute speech about nonsense). The crowd were BOOING and many have apparently DEMANDED THEIR MONEY BACK.

Oh, yes, she even said 'I love you too' to the crowd. 'Too'? Ummm...

wkinhn8k2v.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom