• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok..

I miss tatu, though, and the song the twins did for them was amazing. After they retired Russia got all homophobic so we can only conclude that the country needs them.

Me too. :(

Their third (and last) album Happy Smiles / Waste Management is underrated. It came out in 2008 and was way ahead of its time.

I'm not here for Yulia's solo effort so far. I'm more interested in what Lena's doing, but she's taking her sweet ass time with her album.

Nemesis_

Tatu was actually liked for their music? I've always known them as fake lesbians tbh.

I actually didn't mind all of their singles from their first two albums. They were pretty good, though that MTV performance they did back in the day was positively LIFE GIVING.

Peru

Their debut album (especially in Russian) is one of my favorite albums of all time, period. Amazingly dirty russian techno with these desperate voices on top, crazy fucking lyrics, melodies up the ass, the atmosphere of a smoky vodka party. Feels like one of the most authentic depictions of life as youth in Russia or anywhere put to record despite the calculated lesbian gimmick on top.

Second album also great, more or less all their singles up to their demise as well.

Nemesis_

I can't think of something I've ever had that I liked tbh. Not here for offcuts and sweetbreads.

I also don't think it's London's problem that I have taste when it comes to both FOOD and MUSIC.

Trigger

I had to google what black pudding and a faggot is. Dried blood? Pigs heart and liver?

AcIvg.gif

Mau ®

Shit Brown's fans are now dragging his ass on Twitter for his #fortune (lol) block party

@KILLniecie: @chrisbrown Fortune did a fuck wall glide & a toe touch down the charts bitch. YOUVE DONE 0 PROMO. DONT TELL US TO DO SHIT.

Sweet Brown ‏@Flawless_EhEhF1
@chrisbrown Not you blockin' ya fans like you failed to block Drake's fist. Gworrrrl.

carissa. ‏@JBieberBitchess
you know team breezy is a bunch of hoodrats dont be upset because they can't afford your damn album and your sales are shit. @chrisbrown

@KingB_Slaysss @chrisbrown You can stfu ! We stayed through all this bullshit & you wanna tell US to step it up ? Get up & do something.

‏@JazzyJetsetters FUCKING APPRECIATE THE MONEY I SPEND ON YOU THE LOVE I SHOW YOU AND MY EVERYDAY SUPPORT! DON'T TAKE ME FOR GRANTED! @chrisbrown

@OBEYjosh_
Your album went triple seat cushion dust yet people wanna compare your bitch ass to Micheal Jackson @chrisbrown

#WeirdosRunSHIT ‏@DABreezyVille
HAHAHAHA RT @chrisbrown: I'm thankful for my fans! I love you guys! I appreciate the hard work my fans put in every day! #FORTUNE

† ‏@SpiffyTho_
@chrisbrown you blocking people when you should of been blocking them bottles. A bitch ***** that's that shit I don't like! LMFAOOO!

AyyLPlECcAEiTS4.jpg

Nemesis_

Speaking of which

Calvin Harris has ‘revealed’ that ‘We Found Love’ was turned down by two other popstars and that it was originally meant to be the third single off his own album.

Talking to the new issue of Q, the ‘Michael Jackson’ hitmaker explained: ”It was going to be the third single off my new album and I needed a vocalist, so it was like, Anyone want to sing on this? Then someone said, I do, and it was Rihanna.”

“Two other people could have released it, though.”

Imagine being the A&R that turned down ‘We Found Love’. Literally, WFT.

Mind you, that’s not to say that Calvin and Rihanna now hang out ‘on the regular’. ”She’s tried. She’s like, yeah come on and hang out in my dressing room,” he continued. “I’m like, Arrghh. I mean what do I say to Rihanna? There’s nothing! She’s great, she’s well friendly, she’s nice, I see that. But…I can’t. I’m from Dumfries, man!”

Calvin also announced that his next single (after the one with Example) will feature the dulcet tones of Florence Welch and will be called ‘Sweet Nothing’.

Q is in the shops as of next week.

Mau ®

Yes when Rihanna heard the track she asked right away to be on it but told him she wanted it for HER album instead. Calvin gave it to her on the condition he had featuring credits.

She also had to fight the label hard to release it as a single.

Nemesis_

I also found this

Harris has said that in early 2008, he turned down the opportunity to work with American singer Lady Gaga before the release of her top-selling debut album, The Fame. He recalled: "When Lady Gaga first came out, her name rang a bell, so I checked my emails—and it turns out that on 1 January 2008, I got an email asking to work with her. I thought, 'Lady Gaga, what sort of name is that?' So I replied saying, 'Nah, I’m not into that.' Fast forward a year and she's the biggest thing. But I don't regret turning her down as I didn't think the song I heard then was that good."[41] In a later interview, Harris stated he considers Gaga to be a "good artist".[42]

Imagine a GAGA x CALVIN HARRIS collab.

TC0Tv.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih stays getting songs originally meant for others and then slaying. "Umbrella" was another one.

Rih should just ask whoever is shopping a song around if others rejected it. It'll probably end up being another career-defining song like the previous two.

And lol @ Bruises. #FORTUNE brought him none since it flopped off of the charts. Go away. No one aside from Brandy cares.

Mau ®

Im trying to think of whom WFL would've been offered. Calvin is friends with Orbit and Solveig so maybe he offered it to The Hag and she turned it down. kiiiii

True artistic vision tbh

Sis, Rih is working with a lot of BRITISH talent on this record. Plus her love for british fashion!

It's clear Rihanna stans the UK and the UK stans her in return. What a wonderful combo!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sis, Rih is working with a lot of BRITISH talent on this record. Plus her love for british fashion!

It's clear Rihanna stans the UK and the UK stans her in return. What a wonderful combo!

I have a feeling that her work with Labrinth could be a slaypocalypse of WFL proportions, and I am here for it.

Christopher

My only problem with Ri too is she doesn't really have a song to define her outside of poppy/dance music to cement her as a real artist. I think she just needs a song with substance to it.

Christopher

I'm not a huge Lady Gaga fan, but when I saw her in concert with my wife last year you really did get that feeling of being satisifed when you were done...I believe it was for 3 hours, and she played almost everything she had.

Bladenic

LOLOL completely fucking dead at the Shit Brown twitter posts, thanks ITZ. Like I said I'm gonna bide my time before unleashing an epic fury upon his sorry excuse of a flop ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom