• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
The one and only Sarah Brightman. Your faves couldn't even.
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

Best Selling Soprano of All Time
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

Angel of Music
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

Trained under Andrew Lloyd Webber himself (also wed/ex)
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

The ORIGINAL Christine Daae of The Phantom of the Opera musical. She IS Christine and vice versa
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

#UrFavesStillCantInThisLifeTime

EDIT: Artem ruined EVERYTHING

Nemesis_

The Angel of Music is coming back soon. Had to make an avatar of the leaked pic for the upcoming New World Order *.*
She is my #1 vocal fave. Mariah always came 2nd after her.

Oh, her.

I always loved the look of her album Symphony. Too bad I am not a fan of that kind of music.

BWvQT.jpg

She is kind of cute though.

441px-Osaka07_Opening_Sarah_Brightman.jpg

Kyon

Banned
^^ That's when she performed "Running" in Osaka. I was in the audience(that damn sports show tho was a boring mess, i was dragged along. She was a surprise performance)

She's 51 btw
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

Majmun

Hagdonna's response to the Paris backlash:

"Playing the Olympia was a magical moment for me and it was real treat to do this special show for my fans and be so close to them. Unfortunately at the end of the show - after I left the stage - a few thugs who were not my fans rushed the stage and started throwing plastic bottles pretending to be angry fans. The press reports have focused on this and not the joyous aspect of the evening. But nothing can take away or ruin this very special evening for me and my fans. When I looked out in the audience, everyone I saw had a smile on their face. I look forward to having this wonderful experience again."

LINK

Nice damage control. I'm not falling for it. Nice try, though.

iYRx5WioFrKYG.gif

Artemisia

Banned

Nemesis_

"Playing the Olympia was a magical moment for me and it was real treat to do this special show for my fans and be so close to them. Unfortunately at the end of the show - after I left the stage - a few thugs who were not my fans rushed the stage and started throwing plastic bottles pretending to be angry fans. The press reports have focused on this and not the joyous aspect of the evening. But nothing can take away or ruin this very special evening for me and my fans. When I looked out in the audience, everyone I saw had a smile on their face. I look forward to having this wonderful experience again."

What a terrible spin.

pv6Z1.gif

I'm THIS close to ignoring you tbh

*Sits on your lap*

I only know of her because my MUM loves her. lol

Nemesis_

My biggest thing about this is why did she think she could charge the same price for the show when it was scaled back? I realise she advertised it as a close and intimate show or whatever, but why did she charge the same as her usual MDNA tour?

Is this commonplace?

I tried to just compare Anti-Tour tickets to the Les Folies Aphrodite tickets but I couldn't find prices =/

Kyon

Banned
My biggest thing about this is why did she think she could charge the same price for the show when it was scaled back? I realise she advertised it as a close and intimate show or whatever, but why did she charge the same as her usual MDNA tour?

Is this commonplace?

yes. I have been to all her tours from Confessions. I got mine for $600 GA Floor. Same with the other date I went to for Confessions.

Sticky & Sweet LA was only $300 for GA cause i have connections. I went to 2 dates as well.(And Britney came out and performed. lolz i would have paid over $1000 like i did with Onyx Hotel)

Her shows are worth it tho. You can say all the shit you want. The shenanigans that went on doesnt affect me so i dont curr

Majmun

"Close and intimate"

"not my fans"

Her damage control pr person should be fired. I'm sure her fans who attended that show are more furious than ever now.

Nemesis_

yes. I have been to all her tours from Confessions. I got mine for $600 GA Floor. Same with the other date I went to for Confessions.

Sticky & Sweet LA was only $300 for GA cause i have connections. (And Britney came out and performed. lolz i would have paid over $1000 like i did with Onyx Hotel)

I think you missed my point?

The prices for the MDNA TOUR were the SAME as the OLYMPIA GIG? Is that correct?

And is it COMMONPLACE for a FULL ON TOUR to cost the same as as SHORTER, "INTIMATE" event?

Bladenic

Sticky & Sweet LA was only $300 for GA cause i have connections. I went to 2 dates as well.(And Britney came out and performed. lolz i would have paid over $1000 like i did with Onyx Hotel)

Her shows are worth it tho. You can say all the shit you want. The shenanigans that went on doesnt affect me so i dont curr

What kind of rich?

Kyon

Banned
Sigh why can't Madonna take a page out of Janet's book and just stop?

rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif

iJeBiseIMK7Oh.gif

I think you missed my point?

The prices for the MDNA TOUR were the SAME as the OLYMPIA GIG? Is that correct?

And is it COMMONPLACE for a FULL ON TOUR to cost the same as as SHORTER, "INTIMATE" event?

Was this the free one? And LOL she's not gonna lower her prices for peasants.

What kind of rich?

LOLZ I wish. It's called D-A-D-D-Y.

Nemesis_

Was this the free one? And LOL she's not gonna lower her prices for peasants.

The show cost roughly $280AU.

I'm not asking her to lower her prices, I just think it's a bit rich charging the same amount of money that she charges for her gigantic stage production than it is for her charging for a shitty acoustic "intimate" gig.

Surely you see the incongruity? It's nothing about "peasants".

Kyon

Banned
I'm not asking her to lower her prices, I just think it's a bit rich charging the same amount of money that she charges for her gigantic stage production than it is for her charging for a shitty acoustic "intimate" gig.

Surely you see the incongruity? It's nothing about "peasants".

Gurl I didnt watch that so I dont know the exact details. Im not a MADONNA STAN THATS YOU lmao

Didn't expect any less from The Forehead Stans.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well now we know there's at least one thing Gaga hasn't stolen from Madonna: absolute contempt for her fans.

Mau ®

I just saw the Olympia show and I gotta say I loved it. It was amazing and it shows why she's the Queen of Pop.

Baboons will just have to deal. They got what was advertised and they paid for it GLADLY. Next time don't pay for it tbh... Im sure someone else will tho.

EDIT: She's played Olympia before too. I dont think it was a vanity gig.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I just saw the Olympia show and I gotta say I loved it. It was amazing and it shows why she's the Queen of Pop.

Baboons will just have to deal. They got what was advertised and they paid for it GLADLY. Next time don't pay for it tbh... Im sure someone else will tho.

EDIT: She's played Olympia before too. I dont think it was a vanity gig.

ihl89wzgUwbjJ.gif

Mau ®

1. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 174.519 (- 2.589)
2. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 156.526 (- 1.407)
3. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 154.962 (- 0.413)
4. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 154.332 (- 0.214)
5. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 145.182 (+ 2.104)
6. GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know: 140.286 (- 1.859)
7. USHER - Scream: 115.584 (+ 0.488)
8. CALVIN HARRIS - Let's Go f/Ne-Yo: 89.245 (+ 1.249)
9. DAVID GUETTA - Titanium f/Sia: 87.058 (+ 0.960)
10. ONE DIRECTION - What Makes You Beautiful: 78.972 (- 0.651)
11. PINK - Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 74.692 (+ 1.430)
12. DEMI LOVATO - Give Your Heart A Break: 74.395 (+ 1.319)

13. FUN. - We Are Young f/Janelle Monae: 73.445 (- 1.643)
14. NICKI MINAJ - Starships: 67.674 (- 1.398)
15. THE WANTED - Glad You Came: 65.587 (- 1.562)
17. KELLY CLARKSON - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill ...: 64.279 (+ 0.292)
16. KANYE WEST - Mercy f/Big Sean/Pusha T...: 63.917 (+ 0.345)
18. FLO RIDA - Whistle: 63.696 (+ 2.010)
19. KENNY CHESNEY - Come Over: 63.427 (- 0.047)
20. FLO RIDA - Wild Ones f/Sia: 61.017 (- 1.260)

OUTRAS

GLORIANA - (Kissed You) Good Night: 58.432 (+ 0.230)
TRAIN - Drive By: 57.972 (- 0.047)
NEON TREES - Everybody Talks: 54.792 (+ 0.500)
HAVANA BROWN - We Run The Night f/Pitbull: 54.718 (+ 0.830)
2 CHAINZ - No Lie f/Drake: 48.729 (+ 0.436)
CHER LLOYD - Want U Back: 45.737 (+ 1.257)
USHER - Lemme See f/Rick Ross: 45.593 (- 0.112)
OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Good Time: 42.917 (+ 1.027)
LITTLE BIG TOWN - Pontoon: 41.405 (+ 1.368)
KELLY CLARKSON - Dark Side: 35.438 (+ 0.035)
FUN. - Some Nights: 34.476 (+ 1.464)
ONE DIRECTION - One Thing: 31.564 (- 0.608)
JUSTIN BIEBER - As Long As You Love Me: 30.477 (+ 2.236) BIGGEST UPDATE!!!
NO DOUBT - Settle Down: 30.032 (+ 1.773)
THE WANTED - Chasing The Sun: 28.229 (+ 0.159)
MATCHBOX TWENTY - She's So Mean: 25.201 (+ 0.072)
NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 22.959 (+ 1.958)
LINKIN PARK - Burn It Down: 22.682 (- 0.107)
JASON ALDEAN - Take A Little Ride: 19.815 (+ 1.874)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Blown Away: 17.316 (+ 0.883)
GREEN DAY - Oh Love: 17.108 (+ 0.541)
MAROON 5 - One More Night: 16.096 (+ 1.627)
KILLERS - Runaways: 6.971 (- 0.002)

itz's notes:

+ 2012 seems to be the year of the return of indie songs. Ellie Goulding's Lights is not showing signs of stopping on radio and it's got more format appeal than some of the regular pop gurls.

+ Beiber's As long as you love is holding up quite well. Lately it's been getting GREAT updates and it's TOP 20 on itunes. Chances of it going #1 are slim but it has a good chance of a TOP 10 peak.

+ Most of the TOP 10 (summer smashes) is decreasing, giving way for the upcoming FALL SMASHES like Pink's Blow Me.

Majmun

Ewww, intheflopzone. I never knew you'd choose Carrie over Where have you been.

Call me maybe is such a bad song to jam to. Maybe it's just me.

Mau ®

What does she have for the fall?

Good Time is doing quite well (good radio updates, #6 on itunes). Also she's got a new solo single coming out very soon for the release of her album Kiss.

Ewww, intheflopzone. I never knew you'd choose Carrie over Where have you been.

Call me maybe is such a bad song to jam to. Maybe it's just me.

Call Me Maybe was the bigger hit in every possible way tho.

Mau ®

normal_009.jpg

Rihanna is working with David Guetta on her next album, producer Sean Garrett has revealed.

Garrett, who has previously worked with the likes of Britney Spears, Destiny's Child and Usher, said that he has been creating a "mish-mash" of genres in the studio with the French DJ.

He told the Daily Star: "I was in the studio with David doing some stuff for Rihanna recently.

"He finds inspiration in the things I don't like, and I get excited by the things he doesn't like. He wants to be more urban and I want to be more international, so we push each other."

Describing the duo's work, he admitted: "It's a great mish-mash of genres.

"I try to help Rihanna. She works hard and it's cool to write for someone who is so open-minded."

It was recently reported that Labrinth has also been contributing to the star's seventh LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom