• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

untitled-11yib3.gif

MtTzw.gif

Apologies sis. I will REFRAIN.

SaintZ

I don't hate Shakira but since Laundry Service I haven't liked her music that much outside of the ballads. Everything before LS was perfect tbh (brunette/redhead Shakira. Her MTV Unplugged is AMAZING). Rabiosa is eh but I absolutelty despise Loca.

Christopher

I've been attacked!

I literally never heard of Shakira music so thats why I WAS ASKING GERLS!

However...now that I've been educated...

...I wasn't missing much.

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
300-DemiLovato1-SELF-071312-jpg_230927.jpg

Who can forget Spears' 2007 meltdown involving the paparazzi and an umbrella, or the 2008 hospitalization that led to her father's conservatorship? Lovato famously had a physical altercation with a dancer on her 2010 tour with the Jonas Brothers that prompted her to enter rehab for bulimia and cutting. "We've gone through a lot of the same things, so we have a connection," Lovato says, adding that Spears is "a sweet girl."

Lovato — who's been very candid about her troubles — opens up about them once again in the interview, where she answers questions from the magazine's readers, including one about what exactly was going through her mind when she was cutting herself. "There were times I felt so anxious, almost like I was crawling out of my skin, that if I didn't do something physical to match the way I felt inside, I would explode," she says. "I cut myself to take my mind off that. I just didn't care what happened. I had no fear."

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/demi-lovato-britney-spears-connection-040440707.html

A true DemiGOD

300-DemiLovato3-SELF-071312-jpg_230926.jpg

Aguila

#ICONIC
Speaking of latin popstars are there any who are comparable to Shakira??? I currently know about Belinda who is releasing an album this september (this is her single). Then there is Paulina Rubio, but I don't really care for her. I need more spanish music in my collection!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
LOL does your shit stanning know truly no end? If you didn't stan for Gaga... Good Lawd I cant even begin to imagine.

I dont even know who you stan for since you seem to be all over the place so sit

iWj0i713B1d1q.gif

Edit:

wait you stan for Belly? dont talk to me about shit taste
iWkaQ45Nwf4br.gif

royalan

I like Paulina Rubio. ;_;

But ever since her attempt to cracks the US in the early-2000s failed she's turned a cold shoulder to this country and isn't visible at all here. Hard for me to keep up with her. ;_;

Kyon

Banned
Did Chris just mention Rebelde? my fave spanish group EVER?

i want to marry you rn and other things...

I own all their albums and i watched the Novela *.*

Kyon

Banned
tumblr_m72gs0NOno1qb2um4o6_250.gif

I'm surprised anyone else knows who they are tbh *.*

I stan Dulce Maria *.* with her high pitched-ness. Anahi is also flawfree. I always listen to them on my ipod.
When i go visit my family in Dominican Republic my cousins and i always listen

1265411_o.gif

SaintZ

Speaking of latin popstars are there any who are comparable to Shakira??? I currently know about Belinda who is releasing an album this september (this is her single).
I used to hate Belinda. She would just copy Canadian Punk Princess Avril Lavinge in all her earlier efforts. She has changed tho.
BYE. Paulina Rubio is a goddess compared to Shitkira
ibtjkXndfQa0fB.gif

Paty Cantú tbh. Reik is alright. QUEEN Alejandra Guzmán.

Mau ®

when Lardson actually creates something she will be remembered by and not just the first AI winner

ibj7VGxgxGWIF0.gif

She already did that with the one og the biggest pop hits of all time: SINCE YOU BEEN GONE.

Since then, she's been delivering a good stream pop rock jams.

Sit.

ibwjXFMG9xcdW6.gif

Bladenic

I stan Dulce Maria *.* with her high pitched-ness. Anahi is also flawfree. I always listen to them on my ipod.
When i go visit my family in Dominican Republic my cousins and i always listen

1265411_o.gif

The girls were all flawless and gorgeous. Shame Maite always got the short end of the stick when it came to singing but she had some gems.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Fitting, especially since all of her songs sound like Since You Been Gone

yet she is still only known as the AI winner, maybe Carrie Underwood should help her differentiate herself from the show
i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

Kyon

Banned
Um... Belinda is the Britney/Lindsay/Paris/Princess of Pop of Mexico. She is amazing
but the TRAINWRECK side of her chhh... she's a bad girl

yet she is still only known as the AI winner, maybe Carrie Underwood should help her differentiate herself from the show

Didnt you just say you loved her because Demi likes her? what happened?

Mau ®

I thought Anahi was more Britney'-ish tho

Not here for any of them tho. Godney is incomparable and no one could ever hope to match her.

Bladenic

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

LOL gerl you stan for a girl who's known for Rehab and a girl who's known for being extremely fake and a sell-out. Kelly is known for being an artist who sticks by her values and tried to fight for what she believed in. She might be known for AI but there's much more to it. Unlike the rest of her fellow winners she's the only one to try and fight the label who tried to control her very existence.

Sit.

royalan

LOL gerl you stan for a girl who's known for Rehab and a girl who's known for being extremely fake and a sell-out. Kelly is known for being an artist who sticks by her values and tried to fight for what she believed in. She might be known for AI but there's much more to it. Unlike the rest of her fellow winners she's the only one to try and fight the label who tried to control her very existence.

Sit.

My only problem with Kelly is that Breakaway ruined her, and I feel like every album since has been her trying to chase that success by rehashing the same sound.

Her new album changes the formula a bit....by going Adult Contemporary.

My only problem with Kelly is that Breakaway ruined her, and I feel like every album since has been her trying to chase that success by rehashing the same sound.

Her new album changes the formula a bit....by going Adult Contemporary.
I agree.
That's why I am praying for that country album. She's much better at bluesy country pop than any other genre and she seems like she would make Miranda Lambert country music rather than Carrie Underwood country, judging by some of the demos that leaked. One more pop album to fulfill the Idol contract, then probably a greatest hits collection, and then she can do a full country record.
ibgGsvQNtl58gr.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Sit.

And look where that got her, a judge in a flop show

even XTINA has more DECENCY
ibzjBG7o1sqnjz.gif

Bladenic

I agree.
That's why I am praying for that country album. She's much better at bluesy country pop than any other genre and she seems like she would make Miranda Lambert country music rather than Carrie Underwood country, judging by some of the demos that leaked. One more pop album to fulfill the Idol contract, then probably a greatest hits collection, and then she can do a full country record.
ibgGsvQNtl58gr.gif

Miranda Lambert type records? HERE FOR IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom