• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

Don't know if old, but here's Lana's Hackney set in full

Blue Jeans, Body Electric, Born to Die, Million Dollar Man, Summertime Sadness, Videogames, and National Anthem.

Lily Allen is now... Lily Rose Cooper.

NME said:
Lily Allen is changing her professional name to her married name of Lily Rose Cooper.

The singer has also confirmed that she is heading back into the studio to record new material she has been working on over the past few months.

After announcing her retirement from the pop world two years ago, Allen tweeted back in June that she was working on new material. "It's great to work at my own pace, with no commitments other than to make music," she says today. "I'm excited to be heading back into the studio."

In a statement, Allen says there are no release dates set for the new material, but that all future releases will be under the name Lily Rose Cooper.

There are no release dates set for Lily's new music, but anything she releases in the future will appear under her married name of 'Lily Rose Cooper'.

The singer confirmed recently that she is expecting her second child – saying that she was surprised nobody guessed she was pregnant after her appearance with Professor Green at The Stone Roses' second Heaton Park show (June 30).

The pop sensation teamed up with the Hackney rapper to perform their 2010 single 'Just Be Good To Green'. Their hook-up is based on Beats International's 'Dub Be Good To Me', which was itself a reworking of The SOS Band's classic 'Just Be Good To Me'.

http://www.nme.com/news/lily-allen/65287

I hope we don't get any Britney Trawick or Kelly Blackstock in the future...
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif

Mau ®

Drake's obsession with Aaliyah has reached new heights as he has featured never-before-heard vocals from her on his new single as well as executive produce her next posthumous.

Exclusive: Drake will reportedly debut his new single at OVO Festival 2012.

Drake is reportedly set to executive produce Aaliyah’s upcoming posthumous album. He is also slated to feature the late singer on his new single.

A reliable source with inside knowledge of the situation told HipHopDX that the Young Money rapper, who has a tattoo of the songstress on his back, will sit at the helm for her new LP. Details surrounding the album are scarce, but in March, producer Jeffrey “J. Dub” Walker said that an unreleased song titled “Steady Ground” will appear on the project. Aaliyah’s brother, Rashad Haughton, later said that no such album was in the works.

In late March, Drake hinted to Tim Westwood that he had some “special things” related to Aaliyah in motion. “I have some great Aaliyah news coming soon,” he said. “Just some special things. Just gave you that, just a little. Because I said, I’m with Westwood, so I can’t not. But great things, great things for music, period.”

Additionally, Drake, who sampled Aaliyah’s “At Your Best (You Are Love)” for his track “Unforgettable,” is reportedly set to feature her vocals on his upcoming single. He is set to debut the song at the OVO Festival, taking place this Sunday (August 5th) at Toronto, Canada’s Molson Amphitheatre.

SOURCE

Mumei

On the subject of Mariah's new single, three versions were serviced to Australian radio; the edited version, the explicit version, and a vintage throwback version. The vintage throwback version is described as "commercial, with new Mariah vocals and no rappers."

The same person who was leaking stuff earlier said there were also added backing vocals and bigger power vocals in parts.

... Slightly more excited again for that and the dance remixes.

Bladenic

Hm I actually really like the new Mariah song tbh lol been playing it repeat for a while now.

Also I think I found a new love for Bey. 4 was available on the airplane ride and I gave it a listen, pretty good IMO. Don't care for 1+1 and I've always disliked Best Thing I Never Had, but Party, COUNTDOWN, Love on Top, and Run The World are great. And End of Time is the best song on the album. Actually, End Of Time > your faves.

Nemesis_

Gaga got a new tattoo today.

ARTPOP.

This is the same thing she signed my friends arm with at the last date of the latest leg of the BTW Ball. She told him that "it has something to do with the new album".

Gaga also got her Unicorn tattoo that said BORN THIS WAY before the album name was revealed.

SO WHAT CAN WE PRESUME, THEN? ^_^

Majmun

Yeah, Scheiße is great.

Sad she never did anything with Bloody Mary (did she?). That's basically the best song on BTW.

Majmun

She did the BTW Ball. ^_^

Seeing Gags live is one of my future plans.

I've never seen any of my faves live. That makes me pressed as hell.

Who I want to see live:

- Beyonce
- Gaga
- Janelle

Not interested in the other popstars when it comes to live perfomances tbh. Someone like Mariah and Xtina would be great live. But I want to see my fave dance and go all crazy during a performance.

Nemesis_

Apparently Beyonce is quite good. My sister, who is a disgusting chronic Beyonce stan, has been multiple times.

Not sure if her opinion is a balanced one though, tbh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Speaking about Sheisse

everyone thinks that i didn't listen to interscope this album campaign, but its the other way around...gotta stick to your gut

interscope didnt want me to put it out

i want you guys to know that i really fought for this, and I'm always on your side, sometimes you have to compromise, and in the end they will trust you more

order of singles Gaga thought should be
btw, marry the night, sheibe, the edge of glory

ibsIZIs6uHBi1h.gif

wtf, fuck Interscope

Majmun

Apparently Beyonce is quite good. My sister, who is a disgusting chronic Beyonce stan, has been multiple times.

Not sure if her opinion is a balanced one though, tbh.

Holy shit, your sister sounds awesome!! :O

But no one can deny the quality of Bee's performances: she's supposed to be really good. Even haters bow down to her majestic skills during a show.

I only have to look at ONE youtube live performance of hers and I'm already slayed. Seeing her live would be too much.

wtf, fuck Interscope

Oh...

But didn't "You and I" become her second biggest BTW hit, tho???

And no Judas, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom