• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. BTW Gaga is best Gaga.

Fixed for accuracy. "Just Dance" Gaga can stay away tbh. I'm all for more esoteric/typical pop stuff (which I have a feeling this album will cover) but I'm not here for generic radio pop like Pokerface or Love Game. Scheiße, The Edge of Glory, Americano and Bloody Mary showed me Gaga's potential in creating her very own brand of pop so I wanna see her continue heading down that road.

Christopher

8457065.jpg

This truly was an awful cover and turned me off to Born This Way...I'm sure Marus_ will not defend this cover.

Lady-Gaga-Born-This-Way-Album-Cover-380x380.jpg

I love this cover.

Bladenic

Fixed for accuracy. "Just Dance" Gaga can stay away tbh. I'm all for more esoteric/typical pop stuff (which I have a feeling this album will cover) but I'm not here for generic radio pop like Pokerface or Love Game. Scheiße, The Edge of Glory, Americano and Bloody Mary showed me Gaga's potential in creating her very own brand of pop so I wanna see her continue heading down that road.

Meh. BTW had good tracks but it was overall too pretentious and preachy
as evidenced by the lyrics especially on BTW. And the videos became messier and messier, as well as longer and less sense making for no real reason. Not here for it.

Also I didn't know that Ellie's new album is coming out in America on Oct. 9th but that's what Wikipedia states. Interesting and cool if so, though wasn't Lights just released in 2012 too? I guess they're trying to capitalize on her new success with Lights the single.

Remember that Beyonce footprint thing? Well, here it is...

BEYONCÉ JOINS GLOBAL AID ORGANIZATIONS TO HIGHLIGHT WORLD HUMANITARIAN DAY, 19 AUGUST 2012

http://www.beyonceonline.com/us/news

Beyoncé: Fighting for love, peace and equality

But who cares about that boring stuff? The most important thing is the "I was Here" video news. I thought the 4-era was over.

Beyonce blessing us with more 4 material. Defintiely HERE for that.

iPSzEFJ5i4mqk.gif

I can already see it in my mind. It's going to be phenomenal. #inspirational #worldchanging

Kyon

Banned
Oh that cover lol when every forum and website went IN on it?

On twitter literally every stanbase started making parodys of it with other celebs heads on vehicles. I remember someone
putting Rihnna's head on a cheeto. UGH great times! It truly is an iconic cover

Anything would've been better than the cover we got. Even Comic Sans "Born This Way" atop random Google Images clipart.

In less flopulous developments...
love you Mimi, but...

...Leona has done the unthinkable and actually become active on Twitter! #AskLeona trended worldwide this afternoon (#1 in the UK, #3 worldwide). A few choice bits:

Glassheart's sound (gerl is CONFIDENT)

USvcx.png

bDvYC.png

Leona indicates a staggered release a la the smash album Spirit

pp7b1.png

Highlighting specific tracks

o9W4F.png

YaE6R.png

Paying her dues to THE QUEEN

tu4Br.png

dXotz.png

That makes the tracklist so far:

- Glassheart
- Trouble (FIRST SINGLE, debuting in two weeks, video in three weeks)
- Fireflies
- Come Alive
- Finger Print
- Lovebird
- I to You
- Perfectly You

OMG, it's happening. SLAYONA is COMING to SNATCH WIGS

Hope you can handle it.

ibxav5Z13kPMrK.gif

Bladenic

Anything would've been better than the cover we got. Even Comic Sans "Born This Way" atop random Google Images clipart.

In less flopulous developments...
love you Mimi, but...

...Leona has done the unthinkable and actually become active on Twitter! #AskLeona trended worldwide this afternoon (#1 in the UK, #3 worldwide). A few choice bits:

Glassheart's sound (gerl is CONFIDENT)

USvcx.png

bDvYC.png

Leona indicates a staggered release a la the smash album Spirit

pp7b1.png

Highlighting specific tracks

o9W4F.png

YaE6R.png

Paying her dues to THE QUEEN

tu4Br.png

dXotz.png

That makes the tracklist so far:

- Glassheart
- Trouble (FIRST SINGLE, debuting in two weeks, video in three weeks)
- Fireflies
- Come Alive
- Finger Print
- Lovebird
- I to You
- Perfectly You

OMG, it's happening. SLAYONA is COMING to SNATCH WIGS

Hope you can handle it.

ibxav5Z13kPMrK.gif

Modern day classic huh?

That remains to be seen.

botty

Banned
Rihanna's reality show, 'Styled To Rock', will apparently feature a bunch of her celebrity friends paying a visit.

And RiRi’s star list is ruddy impressive, as her little helpers will include no other than Cheryl Cole, The Scissor Sisters, Katy Perry, Tinchy Stryder, Rizzle Kicks, Little Mix, Little Boots, Pixie Lott and of course, Rihanna herself. Yes, we’re out of breath too…

Aside from Katy, the list seems kinda boring, and very similar to what I imagine godelsmetric's
wet
dream concert would be like.

Koodo

Banned
What kind of generic dance beat is infecting the Vintage Remix? How frustrating, her vocals are on point and she's actually singing a verse.

Better than the original at least.

Mumei

What kind of generic dance beat is infecting the Vintage Remix? How frustrating, her vocals are on point and she's actually singing a verse.

Better than the original at least.

Um.

http://www.mariahcarey.com

It only lists:

1. Triumphant (Get 'Em) Ft. Rick Ross & Meek Mill
2. Triumphant (Get 'Em) Vintage Throwback Remix)

But! I just finished listening to the second one, and rather than looping around again to the first, it started playing a different one, a Pulse Club remix.

It is the best one

Mumei

Oh Godmei you don't even bother to post a link to such a legendary sounding track?

... Reread my post, I did.

Edit: There's supposed to be an extended (almost 6 minutes) edition of the Vintage Throwback remix, too, but I don't think it is out.

royalan

Um.

http://www.mariahcarey.com

It only lists:

1. Triumphant (Get 'Em) Ft. Rick Ross & Meek Mill
2. Triumphant (Get 'Em) Vintage Throwback Remix)

But! I just finished listening to the second one, and rather than looping around again to the first, it started playing a different one, a Pulse Club remix.

It is the best one

!!!!!!!

Why does Mimi pull this shit while I'm at work!?

I feel like the ARTPOP title is just going to give critics an excuse to lambaste the album. I hope Gaga gives us a full on kitschy, campy "ain't got no panties on" pussy popping album just to fuck with everyone.
ibgGsvQNtl58gr.gif

edit: The Pulse mix of Triumphant is much more like it

royalan

Just listened.

Mimi is serving up West Hollywood martini lounge VIP section REALNESS with the Pulse Remix and I am HERE FOR IT.

Makes you wonder why that Meek Ross mess even EXISTS.

I still don't see Triumphant taking Top 40 by storm, but these remixes definitely salvages the song and makes it something good. And she'll get some love on the dance charts for sure if she officially releases this.

Bladenic

Indeed, the Pulse mix is so good. Definitely the one I'm downloading. Who am I kidding I will download all 3 lawl

Also someone get in the DJ room i'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom