• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ARTPOP's the album title, AND she's working with RedOne.

tumblr_m63s9a2gLx1r3zat8.gif

Lay it on me girlfriend. My body is ready.

royalan

What kind of shameful spinning?

Christina is teaming up with Yum Brands (the parent company of many popular US fast-food chains, including Taco Bell) on their most recent promotional campaign. She's worked with them before and has already helped raise millions of dollars for the cause.

Don't really see how this can be shaded, tbh.

While your faves make big deals about their charitable works, my fave has been working quietly in the background for YEARS to help the less fortunate. #humble

Hx5z4.jpg

Mau ®

I wont get mad if MIA wins video of the year tbh.

She wont tho. Mostly because its a MTV ploy to get the indie demo to watch it AND because fans vote for the video. The number of people who have seen/heard of WFL largely surpasses the number of people who have seen/heard of Bad Gurls. No shade its just how it is :/

Since we're still on the theme of artpop, let's all listen to real artpop together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1IqW6kNdU

DAT Brian Eno!
Which of their albums did he work on?

I wont get mad if MIA wins video of the year tbh.

She wont tho. Mostly because its a MTV ploy to get the indie demo to watch it AND because fans vote for the video. The number of people who have seen/heard of WFL largely surpasses the number of people who have seen/heard of Bad Gurls. No shade its just how it is :/

Oh I forgot it's fan voted. In that case it's irrelevant. You're right though.

Mau ®

This pic is going around tumblr now

tumblr_m7fh48TFZS1ra3a9qo1_r3_500.jpg

I dont see the similarities tbh but what does POP GAF think?

Thats a really inventive packaging for the Erotica single tbh

royalan

This pic is going around tumblr now

tumblr_m7fh48TFZS1ra3a9qo1_r3_500.jpg

I dont see the similarities tbh but what does POP GAF think?

Thats a really inventive packaging for the Erotica single tbh

Well, those are pretty iconic moments in Madonna's illustrious career. I don't see how anybody can be a fan of Madonna, or claim to have general knowledge of her work, and not know about her history of wrapping non-condom things in condom wrappers.

Considering Gaga has proven to be an aficionado of Madonna's career, I'd honestly say it's more believable that she WAS aware of Madonna doing this first than not.

Mau ®

Well, those are pretty iconic moments in Madonna's illustrious career. I don't see how anybody can be a fan of Madonna, or claim to have general knowledge of her work, and not know about her history of wrapping non-condom things in condom wrappers.

Considering Gaga has proven to be an aficionado of Madonna's career, I'd honestly say it's more believable that she WAS aware of Madonna doing this first than not.

Actually I didnt know she wrapped that CD single in a condom wrapping til now. I think its hilarious/amazing lol

Bladenic

I know I hate on Madonna, but there is no excuse for the Erotica era. She should be eternally embarrassed and lambasted for that era. Jail time would be appropriate.

royalan

I know I hate on Madonna, but there is no excuse for the Erotica era. She should be eternally embarrassed and lambasted for that era. Jail time would be appropriate.

The Erotica era is ICONIC and one of the DEFINING artifacts of the early 90s.

Erotica (and the accompanying book "Sex") is Pop Culture at its most daring and provocative, and is everything (EVERYTHING) Gaga has tried and utterly (UTTERLY) failed to be.

Without the Erotica era there would be no BTW.

Not a big fan of Madonna these days either, but you will SIT, learn your HISTORY, and DEAL.

<3<3<3<3

Bladenic

Without Erotica there wouldnt be a In The Zone, Born This Way, Talk That Talk tbh.

More reasons Madonna should suffer.

Although I like both of the latter albums, on the whole they arent great. One is incredibly pretentious, the other is ridiculously sexual to the point of being embarrassing (even if I do like the album on the whole and love Talk That Talk the song).

Mau ®

In The Zone gave us Toxic and Everytime.

Talk That Talk gave us We Found Love and Where Have You Been.

Their existence is justified. Ya'll will deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom