• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
New page, new news:

THE HORSE will slay all your faves this fall. That is all.

Keep it cute and flop-free, gerls.

iEqSaBLkJ7044.gif

#Glassheart2012WorldDomination

/sigh

itz you messed up this being at the top of every page.

New page, new news:

THE HORSE will slay all your faves this fall. That is all.

Keep it cute and flop-free, gerls.

iEqSaBLkJ7044.gif

#Glassheart2012WorldDomination

/sigh

itz you messed up this being at the top of every page.
Fitting that your ATTEMPT would fall flat on its face. Much like your fave's pathetic stage presence, vocal ability, and overall level of talent.

ijX6KZbzDXVkc.gif

/rihductive

Jitters

Is Katy Perry's next album going to be more goth-y or something? I wanted M83 to do it ,but I don't think that is going to happen.
I'm not sure where to find pop music news. Where do you guys get your news from?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Not bad. But Aubrey really needs to quit. This song is pretty amazing without Drake's rap, and I'm not sure if it adds anything to the whole thing. Aaliyah sounds amazing though.

Peru

Hearing Aaliyah on a 'new' track is too much.. emotionally.. I can't process it.. Aaliyah baby ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ

(t's pretty obvious drake shouldn't have put his voice on it tho)

Satch

Banned
i just hope that they get Timbaland to do production on that posthumous album

i mean, Aubrey's love for this idea is cute and all, but his style doesn't exactly scream "AALIYAH" to me

like DMJ has said before, he is doing the absolute most, and he didn't even really know her like that

That's what I'm saying.
The Hankerson's (management), the Blackground label, Drake, none of these people got in contact with Tim or Missy.
They didn't ask for their blessing, they didn't ask if they wanted to be involved, nothing.
Tim and Missy grew Aaliyah, they gave her her whole style and made her a legend.
Now for them not to even be asked, but for Drake who never even met Aaliyah to get the OK...

".........."

This is what Timbaland said.

DMeisterJ

Banned
That's what I'm saying.
The Hankerson's (management), the Blackground label, Drake, none of these people got in contact with Tim or Missy.
They didn't ask for their blessing, they didn't ask if they wanted to be involved, nothing.
Tim and Missy grew Aaliyah, they gave her her whole style and made her a legend.
Now for them not to even be asked, but for Drake who never even met Aaliyah to get the OK...

".........."

No surprise that Drake is messy. Dude is obsessed. Just like the whole Rih thing. He's in love with her one minute, and the next minute he's shading her on a new rap. Aubrey is always doing the most.

royalan

That's what I'm saying.

".........."

Yeah, the politics behind it is pretty bad. Missy and Timbaland weren't just Aaliyah's production team. They were her crew and industry family. Missy in particular was pretty fucked up over her death (and dedicated lord knows how many videos to her) and many speculate that Aaliyah's death was what pushed Tim over to Pop.

You can't think Aaliyah without thinking Timbaland and Missy, so for them to not be invited to take part in this is pretty fucked up and makes you wonder how Drake could even consider himself a real fan of hers. Didn't know they weren't contacted.

Satch

Banned
Olympic tea has been spilled:

dkjfblbsjklgbdkljgbdjkbdkgdfg

lol and you know his Stans are probably trying to drag that guy on twitter. rip

i'm not even sure if clocking tea with regard to Bruises on twitter is even worth the inevitable shitstorm, but i'll be damned if it isn't entertaining to watch play out

Mau ®

Love this. Hopefully Missy and Timbaland jumps aboard. This album would be nice as hell. Drake loves Aayliah. I mean Drake even said that Aaliyah is what inspired him in many ways.

He does have a tattoo on his back of her, which is cool but the obsession is showing :)

6708322779_91fce50c87.jpg

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*

Satch

Banned
Love this. Hopefully Missy and Timbaland jumps aboard. This album would be nice as hell. Drake loves Aayliah. I mean Drake even said that Aaliyah is what inspired him in many ways.

He does have a tattoo on his back of her, which is cool but the obsession is showing :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6708322779_91fce50c87.jpg

i mean, i guess, but im just not here for "Take Care - Aaliyah's Vocals Edition"

if he loved Aaliyah that much, he would have asked her mentors for their input from the jump

botty

Banned
OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*

syNmb.gif

ecurbj

i mean, i guess, but im just not here for "Take Care - Aaliyah's Vocals Edition"

if he loved Aaliyah that much, he would have asked her mentors for their input from the jump
We will see how it goes the next few months. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, Drake will contact Timbaland and Missy. I hope this is an sincere effort and not one where Drake is just making money off a very popular idol.

Edit: LOL at the reactions to the Aaliyah tattoo on Drakes back.

Aguila

#ICONIC
UK news to whom it may concern:

-Digital album sales have passed 100M.

-Adele's big behind sits atop the "Best Selling Digital Albums of All Time" list with 21 followed by Ed Sheeran (hew?) and Lady Gaga.

-Oh and Born To Die is the best selling digital album of 2012. (this is why this news concerns me)

i0mljq8ujyFaN.gif

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom