• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

#2012GlassHeartWorldDomination
L8w1b.gif

Trigger

EG0HF.gif

I welcome all kinds of newcomers to thread tbh. I don't really want Arte banned.

Or is the DJ room related? Because I'm normally well-behaved. Totally.

Mumei

It looks like the remixes are definitely being presented as the single in different markets. At G-A-Y in London, she recorded a message and they played the Vintage Throwback version as her new single. Should have played the Pulse Club version, but whatever.

They need to put up multiple versions for different formats here, too, if it has a chance of doing moderately well, methinks.

It looks like the remixes are definitely being presented as the single in different markets. At G-A-Y in London, she recorded a message and they played the Vintage Throwback version as her new single. Should have played the Pulse Club version, but whatever.

They need to put up multiple versions for different formats here, too, if it has a chance of doing moderately well, methinks.
The fact that she highlighted the re-recorded vocals and rewritten lyrics leads me to believe that she will handle this very strategically.

This isn't the first time the "main" single wasn't the original song - Fantasy (ODB Mix), for example, removed the entire chorus and focused on the memorable hook for the urban market. She already has the song lined up for the urban and dance markets...let's just hope she hasn't forgotten the Pop market.

Mumei

The fact that she highlighted the re-recorded vocals and rewritten lyrics leads me to believe that she will handle this very strategically.

This isn't the first time the "main" single wasn't the original song - Fantasy (ODB Mix), for example, removed the entire chorus and focused on the memorable hook for the urban market. She already has the song lined up for the urban and dance markets...let's just hope she hasn't forgotten the Pop market.

I'm honestly not a big fan of their remixes of her other songs, but the Jump Smokers said that they're just waiting on the vocals for another remix of the song.

So that would make it three remixes.

Bladenic

Wonder if Triumphant will be a hit tbh. I like it but the main version seems too tailored for Urban audiences. Unless she also officially sends the remixes to pop.

botty

Banned
So Xtina's new song is indeed called "Your Body".

Here is a verse:

“I came here tonight to get you outta my mind,
I’m gonna take what I find. (uh oh, yeah)
So open the box, don’t need no key I’m unlocked.
And I won’t tell you to stop
Oh yeah!

I don’t need to know where you’ve been,
all I need to know is you and no need for talking.
So don’t even tell me your name,
all I need to Know is who’s place,
and let’s get walkin’
There it is, love me or hate me.”

And after the rumor that it was being pushed back from it's original date, it appears to be pushed back all the way to September.
VjvlV.gif

i6vI8riQYU7rd.gif

syNmb.gif

Guess she'll just slay September.

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

botty

Banned
Gaga has been smoking tons of weed, and dressing like a filthy hippie lately, so ARTPOP will definitely be late-60s/70s inspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom