• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

Braindeadney quotes:

I am for the death penalty. Who commits terrible acts must get a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time.

Sundance is weird--you actually have to think about [the films] when you watch them

Where's Australia? 26 hours away?? Who the f*ck would want to go somewhere that far away!

I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don't like eating fish.

I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada.

UP4yZ.gif

inbred redneck trailer trash

royalan

The same Jessie J that is a massive success in her home country, and had a couple of hits worldwide recently.

Two things Xtincta hasn't been able to de in quite some time.
Ch girl don't try it if you think Jessie J is coming anywhere near Xtina's success.

botty

Banned
Yes, but then you have not acknowledged that Britney and Xtincta used their sex appeal for recognition, and yet you've attacked Frank Ocean for using his sexuality for recognition.

Again, you are the one that took issue with using sex/sex appeal for promo. If you want to go with that, then accept that your fave is guilty of it as well.

Bye.

You're changing your point. You said Xtina and Britney's "sexualized" image were at the forefront of their media coverage. No one is denying that they both used bits of sex in their debut eras to sell, but that is barely the same thing as what happened with Frank Ocean.

Especially when you factor in that their debut images weren't even controlled by them.

Koodo

Banned
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 15.559 (+ 2.266)
C. AGUILERA & B. SHELTON - Just A Fool: 1.685 (+ 0.041)

Not Brit and the flop factor catapulting her single to actually get some airplay, while the noise and Xtuna can barely move on the charts. I guess that's because of her weight but still. A certified flop album and flop singles, while Brit slays, and shows her how to sell singles.
It's important to mention Just Another Flop has been sent for adds since December 4th, and its updates have remained nothing short of dreadful.

The song is also close from leaving the iTunes TOP 300.

Artemisia

Banned
You're changing your point. You said Xtina and Britney's "sexualized" image were at the forefront of their media coverage.

I still stand by that.

And even if I concede that point, my point about them selling sex still stands.

And if Frank Ocean apparently using his sexuality for promo (which he does not), then why is it ok for Britney and Xtincta to sell sex (which they clearly do), regardless of whether it does anything for them?

royalan

Its updates have remained consistent.

It's also important to note that she's performing the song tomorrow on Ellen. We'll see what happens.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It's important to mention Just Another Flop has been sent for adds since December 4th, and its updates have remained nothing short of dreadful.

The song is also close from leaving the iTunes TOP 300.

I didn't even know iTunes counted up to 300. I guess it's nice that they let flops who sell a few hundred digital tracks be ranked.

Another hilarious thing is that Brit clocked a higher update today for her song than Xtuna has clocked over the last few weeks. HILARIOUS

royalan

Yes Roy, cling onto those past successes like Xtuna does hamburgers in her sleep. Shame Lotus won't reach 1/10 of those sales. How the mighty (and heavy) have fallen.

Who's clinging? You can't erase someone's past successes because they're in the past. The fact still STANDS that Jessie J will NEVER know the kind of success Christina has wiped her ass with. So don't try it.

Artemisia

Banned
17+ million sold debut album. When will Jessie?

Who's clinging? You can't erase someone's past successes because they're in the past. The fact still STANDS that Jessie J will NEVER know the kind of success Christina has wiped her ass with. So don't try it.

The point of the BBC Sound of ____ list is to spot promising upcoming acts.

Jessie J has had great success for an upcoming artist.

So explain how Koodo mentioning this list is an irrelevant point.

Bladenic

Ew I watched X-Factor after the Ke$ha flop performance and it was dreadful. The judges are all flops, and omg Britney is so fucking lifeless and boring. Demi is way better though she just annoys.

botty

Banned
I still stand by that.

And even if I concede that point, my point about them selling sex still stands.

And if Frank Ocean apparently using his sexuality for promo (which he does not), then why is it ok for Britney and Xtincta to sell sex (which they clearly do), regardless of whether it does anything for them?

The situations are completely different. I don't know how many times I can explain this to you, though.

royalan

The point of the BBC Sound of ____ list is to spot promising upcoming acts.

Jessie J has had great success for an upcoming artist.

So explain how Koodo mentioning this list is an irrelevant point.

I was commenting on the list itself, not Koodo's point. I would have addressed his point if that were the case.

Koodo

Banned
17+ million sold debut album. When will Jessie?
Like hell that album sold 17 million copies. That figure is accepted to be the combined records sold.

Her debut scanned just a bit over EIGHT million copies in America, and given how relatively local she was during that era, the album certainly didn't scan another NINE million copies in foreign markets.

Still a cute number though, and the vulgar Jessie J will never achieve this, but let's not tell lies.

Artemisia

Banned
Yall are making Jessie J seem like much more a flop than she is.

Her debut album has sold 2.5 million WW, and she has 6 top 10 hits in her local market, from that same album.

That is pretty damn good for a debut artist
WuwSR.gif

botty

Banned
ok hun

my work is done, and the bullshit and hypocrisy of the Frank Ocean haters has been exposed.

ZHx6h.gif

Ok, well when you pull up the receipts of Xtina coming out as a bisexual that generated buzz for her album your "exposure" will actually be credible.

Bladenic

If delusion had weight, you would be OBESE.

Lest we forget Frank was already garnering massive acclaim with his mixtape Nostalgia, Ultra before the release of Channel Orange, long before his sexuality allegedly "gave" him a career and critical praise. You can feign ignorance, but given your awareness of Xtincta in 2012, I gather you like to dig deep below the mainstream anyway.

Here's a google search of his mixtape from January, 01 2011 to May 31, 2012. Praise, and numerous inclusions in year-end Best Ofs.

Yes, it's impossible to prove his sexuality gave him "relevance" because it is a lie. Much like your secreting fave's crass display of sexuality for publicity, his controversial coming out gave him a bump, but LET'S NOT: he was already being lined up as the next IT BOY long before he admitted a secret that you refuse to admit.

Anything else, CUPCAKE?

Let me quote this post again since as usual, Botty has chosen to ignore the blatant evidence against HER.

royalan

Lotus on track to have lower sales than Bionic. It's only at 135k or thereabouts currently.
okIAQ.gif

I still think in the long run it'll do better than Bionic. Especially since she's rumored to be doing Idol this year. That means she'll still be doing Lotus promo months from now. At this point Bionic was already dead.

Artemisia

Banned
Ok, well when you pull up the receipts of Xtina coming out as a bisexual that generated buzz for her album your "exposure" will actually be credible.

According to you, Frank Ocean used someone intriguing to the public (coming out) to sell records. If this is true, which it isn't by the way, then you need to come for Xtina for doing something similar. Xtina used something intriguing to the public (sex) for attention and recognition, and thus record sales.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I still think in the long run it'll do better than Bionic. Especially since she's rumored to be doing Idol this year. That means she'll still be doing Lotus promo months from now. At this point Bionic was already dead.

Keep hope alive.

I'm just glad my fave sells albums

ZHx6h.gif

Majmun

and the album really did have amazing tracks.

Xtina looked absolutely stunning during her Bionic-era

Bionic, Elastic Love and You Lost Me are truly great IMO

But I prefer Lotus. It's more consistent overall. And going by your latest posts, I get the feeling you didn't like Lotus...at all
okIAQ.gif

royalan

she was relatively in the same pace as the industry's decline, but something happened during Bionic

it makes sense that Lotus is flopping, but it makes absolutely no sense that Bionic flopped

she looked amazing

4692552428_40a7010b60_o.jpg

4693524404_970be86cba_o.jpg

she sounded great

and the album really did have amazing tracks.

Bionic's flopping made more sense to me than Lotus'.

There was more effort put into the launch of Bionic...but they rallied around the absolute WORST POSSIBLE SINGLE and Christina picked the wrong time to come for Gaga.

Lotus has some great tracks that could SMASH radio ("Just a Fool" included), but there seems to be absolutely no effort to make anything happen. Promotion has been ABYSMAL. Just all-around embarrassing. Her entire management team needs to be sacked.

Heck, she's performing on Ellen tomorrow, and it's not even on her OWN WEBSITE.

GwteH.png

01yoE.gif

Irving Azoff is a snake of a manager.

You think that's bad? Leona has a new European single coming in 3 days, yet the video is still blocked everywhere except the UK and the single still hasn't been put up for preorder on iTunes.

It won't chart within the Top 100 :-/

royalan

You think that's bad? Leona has a new European single coming in 3 days, yet the video is still blocked everywhere except the UK and the single still hasn't been put up for preorder on iTunes.

It won't chart within the Top 100 :-/

Our faves are too good for this. ;____;

Cynosure

Lotus has some great tracks that could SMASH radio ("Just a Fool" included), but there seems to be absolutely no effort to make anything happen. Promotion has been ABYSMAL. Just all-around embarrassing. Her entire management team needs to be sacked.

so then this would be your understanding as to why Lotus flopping, which make more sense than Bionic flop.

Not Myself Tonight, as "awful" as it might have been, couldn't be the sole reason why the album bombed. Beyonce's RTW flopped, but fans still bought the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom