• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
uLFZy.png

I rest my case.
i1cwsiF7Mfhxe.gif

royalan

so then this would be your understanding as to why Lotus flopping, which make more sense than Bionic flop.

Not Myself Tonight, as "awful" as it might have been, couldn't be the sole reason why the album bombed. Beyonce's RTW flopped, but fans still bought the album.

That's because Beyonce didn't drop it. She promoted "4" until the cows came home.

Christina racked up some terrible buzz for Bionic with her Gaga comments, but I honestly think that if she have stuck with Bionic and supported it long term, it wouldn't have been such a catastrophic flop.

Honestly, Christina ceasing promo and cancelling the tour is pretty much the thing that christened Bionic a flop. Critical response wouldn't have mattered otherwise.

Kyon

Banned
Why are we still talking about this lol

My only point was to cosign with Botty with the fact that the faux Francis "stanning" is ridiculous.

Then it became a mess lmao I don't curr about Francis he is cute tho that's about it. Channel Bore is a boring mess and that's it.

Can't really hate him as much as Botty tho haha.

I only hate HOMEWRECKING TRASH. :)

Now that I c it was ArteMESS defending him that ANEURISM Stans for any nobody it can get its hands on so ill step off.

Cynosure

Image plays a big part of sales.

this is what she looked for Lotus press chain

174112_christina-aguilera-talks-new-album-lotus.jpg

do you think Katy, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, etc would have sold as much as they did with Xtina's weight?

ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

Bey's first three albums have been pretty consistent in sales. And 4lop still sold better than Xtina's hitpacked B2B album.
okIAQ.gif

where are you getting those numbers from?
4 sold 1.3 US and 2.1 WW

I honestly think that if she have stuck with Bionic and supported it long term, it wouldn't have been such a catastrophic flop.

Honestly, Christina ceasing promo and cancelling the tour is pretty much the thing that christened Bionic a flop. Critical response wouldn't have mattered otherwise.

I agree, if Christina had pushed on harder, things would most likely have been different. But I can't blame her.
She really seemed to have exhausted the promo for Bionic before and during the release week. It was summer, there was not much should could have done. It was also around the time she going through the divorce.

Cynosure

Nelly Furtado
Spirit Indestructible: 6,000

Jennifer Lopez
Love?: 83,100

No1kira
She Wolf: 89,000

Christina Aguilera
Bionic: 110,000

there's an anti-Latina conspiracy tbh

okaye9fqag.gif

Frank Ocean coming out wasn't some sure bet win move. It probably ensured he'd get some rewards and articles written about him, but it could have completely turned off his more urban (ie black) fans, given the rampant homophobia within the community. Obviously white girls drive sales in this country, and they don't seem to care about who's gay and who isn't, but overall it was still a risk.

He was going to sell well regardless. But I will say: I really don't believe he would have gotten an AOTY nod if he was straight. But that's just my opinion.

Cynosure

I don't see any truth or humor from all of those dumb searches.

they're literally made by dumbass people

tumblr_ksxb0wSO6U1qa6k5x.jpg

now can we go back to behaving like civil mature adults and discuss serious issues?

Do you think Christina should change her last name to sell?
Mariah, Nicki, Katy, Rihanna, to name just a few, all did

ix2WzUWeG5Oz6.gif

Trigger

Nemesis_
The God of What
(Today, 11:10 PM)

Do you think Christina should change her last name to sell?
Mariah, Nicki, Katy, Rihanna, to name just a few, all did

A rose by any other name....

I think Xtina's last name is probably the least important aspect of her career. The girls listed aren't successful because they changed their names.

SaintZ

Maybe if Shakira was still doing music like this

220px-DondeEstanlosLadrones.jpg

she would be doing better but as of now she can
remain flopping

iB7jFXWpeDhOU.gif
Not a damn lie.

Also, this thread was like a rollercoaster today. I'm still SCREAMING at "Is it wrong to sleep with your step dad after your mom dies". RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom