• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

iDxdSVcVKSnK3.gif

The most impressive reading in POPGAF history.

Peru

Laughing out loud at the stupid guardian commenters throwing a fit over the 'tracks of 2012' article where Carly Rae comes out on top.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Laughing out loud at the stupid guardian commenters throwing a fit over the 'tracks of 2012' article where Carly Rae comes out on top.

I swear they do it to troll...like the article about Something New calling Girls Aloud the best band of the 20th century.

Peru

Nah, according to Guardian journalist on twitter CRJ won by a landslide in their internal votes. That Petridis dude always stanned for the Aloud as well.

Majmun

And to up the pressedness of certain members, the Guardian's picks for best album

No 1: Frank Ocean – Channel Orange
No 2: Grimes – Visions
No 3: Jessie Ware – Devotion

Not a shoutout to Beyoncé in the writeup as well. LORDT it is as though they wrote it for certain pressed members of Pop GAF.

What a flawless top 3. Almost the same as mine.

And yeah, his mention of 4 is great. As if our local hoes weren't pressed enough already
cackle2.gif

Okay this is pretty hot.

Yep. Embrace Pepcé *.*

ir7mqnTBK8LYg.gif

Someone should put all these predictions in a dossier for easy retrieval when the time is right. Let me add mine:

Opening Week

ARTPOP: 670k
Beyoncé's 5: 355k
Britney's 8: 310k
Broke With Expensive Taste: delayed until 2014.

Done and done :)

Ohhh I want to predict...

ArtPOP: 300k

Beyonce 5: 460k

Matangi: 57k

Broke with Expensive Taste: 43K

Lol this would have to be Kreayshawn level disaster.. I think her EP sold more than that very quickly when she was more of an unknown too.

:)

ARTPOP: 777k
Beyonda 5: 300k
Britney 8: 250k
The Electric Lady: 40k

ARTPOP: 500k
Beyonce: 450k
Britney: 350k
M.I.A.: 40k ;__;
Dido: 30k ;____;

ARTPOP: 835k
Britney: 170k
Beyonce: 415k

I think I have everyone who has predicted thus far.

These are the predictions I have thus far. Looks like everyone started doing Bey + Gaga + Brit. I will add my Brit predictions after I give them some thought. If I missed someone.....sorry point it out plz :)

oDIYm.png

Stefan™;45421472 said:
ARTPOP: 600k
Beyonda 5: 300k
Britney 8: 250k

Added.

Also this was on ATRL. Soundscan year end album sales totals.....(not sure why they don't just go through dec 31....... but whatever I suppose lol)

Rank - Sales - Title - Artist

01 - 4,255,452 - 21 - ADELE
02 - 2,382,541 - RED - SWIFT*TAYLOR
03 - 1,464,174 - UP ALL NIGHT - ONE DIRECTION
04 - 1,243,156 - BABEL - MUMFORD & SONS
05 - 1,141,334 - BELIEVE - BIEBER*JUSTIN
06 - 1,066,903 - BLOWN AWAY - UNDERWOOD*CARRIE
07 - 1,056,830 - TUSKEGEE - RICHIE*LIONEL
08 - 991,922 - TAILGATES & TANLINES - BRYAN*LUKE
09 - 914,619 - TAKE ME HOME - ONE DIRECTION
10 - 877,390 - GREATEST HITS - HOUSTON*WHITNEY

11 - 865,704 - NIGHT TRAIN - ALDEAN*JASON
12 - 861,628 - OVEREXPOSED - MAROON 5
13 - 811,082 - SOME NIGHTS - FUN.
14 - 776,462 - TRUTH ABOUT LOVE - P!NK
15 - 756,990 - NOW 41 - VARIOUS
16 - 748,848 - PINK FRIDAY...ROMAN RELOADED - MINAJ*NICKI
17 - 689,353 - MAKING MIRRORS - GOTYE
18 - 683,519 - 19 - ADELE
19 - 681,407 - TAKE CARE - DRAKE
20 - 676,750 - CHIEF - CHURCH*ERIC

When other outlets do their year end numbers after new years I expect 1D to take 2 of the top 5......so I am happy.

Adele is in a category of her own at this point......she in probably the most universal artist of our lifetimes. She has no "audience" per se....her audience is all people who are not deaf.

How does one compete with that?

royalan

126 - 213,459 - 4 - BEYONCE
167 - 163,117 - BORN THIS WAY - LADY GAGA

ibdSXyt6oVxjN9.gif

Both of those artists' albums have been out all year and they were either still releasing singles from them until recently or touring the album this year. What did you expect? Especially since it has become quite clear that Beyonce would club a baby seal while planning a duet with Casey Anthony if it meant selling just a few more albums.

Majmun

Both of those artists' albums have been out all year and they were either still releasing singles from them until recently or touring the album this year. What did you expect? Especially since it has become quite clear that Beyonce would club a baby seal while planning a duet with Casey Anthony if it meant selling just a few more albums.

I highly doubt that Lotus will ever reach those 4 numbers. I just don't see it.

And yeah, Vect, Taylor has been slaying for sure. Poor GAGA
iVKpJ5oWs5ANR.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The delusion from some of you that think 5 will out sell ARTPOP when Gaga has become incredibly front loaded and she knows how to use the media to hype herself. I can already see Interscope getting that payola ready and booking her in every talk show, its going to be glorious.

Majmun

Sorry Marius, but I think that "5" might outsell Artpop in the long run.
You just can't ignore the promo.

It's just the way it is
iTwJkV8ZLMbdL.gif

The delusion from some of you that think 5 will out sell ARTPOP when Gaga has become incredibly front loaded and she knows how to use the media to hype herself. I can already see Interscope getting that payola ready and booking her in every talk show, its going to be glorious.

I completely agree....there is no way.

Also. Wanna throw out a Brit prediction? I am gunna say 225k.

Nemesis_

I think Gaga will ultimately succeed in this aspect. Her interviews and promo events will all highlight just how intelligent and charismatic she is.

:3

Meanwhile Beyonce will do well and promote well but won't endear herself to the public as well.

I mean, what did the Superbowl do for MDNA or for the Black Eyed Peas?

Artemisia

Banned
I think Gaga will ultimately succeed in this aspect. Her interviews and promo events will all highlight just how intelligent and charismatic she is.

Meanwhile Beyonce will do well and promote well but won't endear herself to the public as well.

I think people forget just who watches the superbowl mostly

Majmun

Madonna didn't have the Pepsi endorsement and no HBO Documentary.

And this may sound harsh, but she's OLD and BUSTED. She won't cater to the young crowd.

Beyonce is hot, and she can give out amazing performances. Couple that with a smash single and we have a winner.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Sorry Marius, but I think that "5" might outsell Artpop in the long run.
You just can't ignore the promo.

It's just the way it is
iTwJkV8ZLMbdL.gif

Yeah, no...

You are letting all this promo get yo your head. Gaga like Waffle said is like a circus and that circus has been missing for over a year now, all she needs is one crazy costume or performance at an event to garner back the public's attention without the need to be associated with a brand for promo.

The Beyhive should be worried about some cretin eating into her market, tho
tumblr_mel3a4QcZM1r94yf1o1_500.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Plus I dunno what they're usually like but...the Madge superbowl was not that good. Beyoncé will SLAY it, guaranteed.

Nemesis_

I also think people need to think back to when Gaga was active, either for BTW or TFM rather than now where she is purposely avoiding the media until her new album hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom