• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing OP!

I hope to hold a bigger presence in OT3, so expect more posts (shade?) from me in the future. Also I'll probably be doing more album reviews as I've really been in the mood to scout for good pop records. We'll see what happens :)

Mau ®

His answer would be diff now i bet tho. He knows Xtina way more personally :D

All the more reason to choose Britney then
ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ride is at 127 on the US iTunes chart :0
It was previously nonexistent on the list. The video really helped.

ibkdgzlpUHf0b3.gif

I believe, now that I look closely at the banner, that I could edit another artist in, if you guys really care so much lol. I'm guessing it will be the Biever? Britney will have to scooch over.
I will definitely be adding him into the artists section. I didn't know so many people liked him here *.*

Artemisia

Banned
I wonder if she'll be able to steal some better production by then. Too bad she alienates everyone she works with.

160g6005g633.gif

Bitch, she has Paul fucking Epworth who has produced for Adele (Rolling in the Deep, Skyfall) and Florence + the Machine (all of Ceremonials).

That's a lot more promising than your typical rap/hip hop producer.

Now hush up and accept that #BrokeWithExpensiveTaste2013WorldDomination is set to happen.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I believe, now that I look closely at the banner, that I could edit another artist in, if you guys really care so much lol. I'm guessing it will be the Biever? Britney will have to scooch over.

Florence or bust. We have standards here, you know.

293232_10151246337931874_1471141184_n.jpg

Majmun

I will definitely be adding him into the artists section. I didn't know so many people liked him here *.*

j7rnk2z3O3Lmg.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
Are we stanning Bieber? Cause I'm stanning. Girlfiend, As long as you love me, and Beauty and a Beat have all slayed me. And Botty is right, Beauty and a Beat is a BOP! It's basically how I felt about J Tlake. I hated him in the beginning, and then the music grew on me, and I grew to appreciate it so much. I'm HERE for Justin Bieber. I'm here for #BieberAndABanner

inuTjD1XYmaTe.gif

RIGHT? PRINCE and PRINCESS stan each other. What kind of flawless Brother/Sister relationship? They're too much.

kml1w5ik

Where is my Brit/Bieber collab?

Mau ®

I dont wanna see Hewnelle or Mehrina up in that banner tbh.

Katy Perry is not IN IT!! If those irrelevants make it then so should KATY!!

DMeisterJ

Banned
And I want to wish a warm POP-GAF welcome to all the new people posting in this thread. Some of you stan for some... less than savory individuals, but you're all welcome in POP-GAF.

Kunty isn't in it?

We pay her absolute DUST, lol.

Majmun

I'd say Cunty's position, or the lack of it, is correct.

Janelle needs the promo. Especially with her new album coming out. If it's coming out. And she's better than Perra anyway.

DMeisterJ

Banned
We can remove so many flops from the banner. Nicki/Azaelia/Xtina/Smellie/Leona and especially MIA can all leave without harming anyone.

Mau ®

Let's talk about "Sweet Nothing" slaying so hard everywhere.

#1 in the UK.
#13 in the USA.

Calvin Harris made Florence relevant. Ya'll know its true.
ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Mau ®

More like Florence made Calvin relevant by actually giving him another song to be known by.

Spectrum smashed because of his remix. First #1 Florence EVER had in Europe and Australia. And its not even the original production by The Machine.

And Sweet Nothing has smashed now.

What do all these have in common: CALVIN HARRIS.

Artemisia

Banned
Whatever, so long as it's Florence's voice they are hearing over the radio, the song will be associated with her over Calvin.

Wilsongt

Spectrum smashed because of his remix. First #1 Florence EVER had in Europe and Australia. And its not even the original production by The Machine.

And Sweet Nothing has smashed now.

What do all these have in common: CALVIN HARRIS.

Calvin Harris did nothing for Kelis. So he isn't as powerful as you might think.

Trigger

Calvin Harris isn't bad, but, like Guetta, he never shines without a stronger artist attached. It's like crediting the white bread in my BLT for making the sandwich special.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I've heard McDonald's is also quite popular. People love trash that's bland and easily-digestible.

Calvin is an incredibly dull, safe producer. There's no arguing against it.

Artemisia

Banned
Calvin Harris isn't bad, but, like Guetta, he never shines without a stronger artist attached. It's like crediting the white bread in my BLT for making the sandwich special.

Flawless analogy. The song would be nothing without the amazing vocal technique Florence brings to the track.

florenceparty28bf9.gif

Wilsongt

Which explains while Titanium was one of Guetta's biggest songs.

MesSIAh.

Mau ®

Calvin Harris did nothing for Kelis. So he isn't as powerful as you might think.

post-We Found Love Harris is on another level to Pre-WFL Harris tho.

How would you explain none of his songs charting in the USA until after We Found Love. After that, "Feel So Close" (released a year before) and "Let's Go" happened. Even "Im Not Alone", which was MASSIVE everywhere, didnt make a big dent in the US.

Meanwhile none of Florence's singles have made a zip of impact in the US, despite good album sales. Clearly the stronger force in the US is Calvin. And in the UK most of Calvin's singles have gone top 5. Meanwhile Florence's Ceremonials singles did not even enter TOP 10 until the Calvin Harris remix of Spectrum.

Did I lie?

Artemisia

Banned
That's because the general public is here for dance music, while Florence + the Machine's music caters to a sizable, but not as large audience.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Back to Bieber, he set a record for the highest amount of views of a video in the first 24 hours, beating his previous record of over 5 million. Nicki clocked the record back when Starships came out, then Rih clocked the record from Nicki, then Justin clocked them both. I think that was how it went.

Anyway, watch the video again, and be slain

Kyon

Banned
Back to Bieber, he set a record for the highest amount of views of a video in the first 24 hours, beating his previous record of over 5 million. Nicki clocked the record back when Starships came out, then Rih clocked the record from Nicki, then Justin clocked them both. I think that was how it went.

Anyway, watch the video again, and be slain

Only the King
67d90ee8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom