• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Why aren't all the minus accounts mentioned in the OP

I told everyone to PM me a link to their accounts if they wanted them to be in the OP. The members that are not there did not do that.

I didn't want to post links to accounts without permission. :3

botty

Banned
The Wanted has better songs than 1D, but I just can't bring myself to use them.

ibbmmN3MCVurxR.gif

Their site looks fishy and they are not acknowledge by anyone, but w/e

Essentially all it does is copy/paste the data from various trackers (like billboard) together into a list. As far as I am aware no one has ever found anything wrong with their numbers. However, you have to keep in mind that (I believe) they only track the countries listed in the left menu bar. Probably account for 2/3 to 3/4 of the real total of album sales.

Trigger

Chris Brown doesn't deserve any blessings. Or are you going to reveal yourself as a Chris Brown stan too?

ibnHlPcRgz0FxG.gif

Chris committed a horrible act, but that doesn't mean that I have to trash him at every turn. He was once a promising R&B artist, and it would be a shame for him to waste away on drugs and partying. I was just noting that he looked better. You don't have to be a stan to simply show some empathy.

Bladenic

ibnHlPcRgz0FxG.gif

Chris committed a horrible act, but that doesn't mean that I have to trash him at every turn. He was once a promising R&B artist, and it would be a shame for him to waste away on drugs and partying. I was just noting that he looked better. You don't have to be a stan to simply show some empathy.

1342811757264_zps116d4109.png

He deserves no empathy at all, he's done nothing since the incident to prove he's a good person, just the opposite. I don't trash him solely because of that incident, I trash because since that incident he's shown his true colors as a filthy human being.

And his music sucks.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" is shaping up to be the biggest beneficiary of gift card downloads, as it could sell somewhere in the range of 525,000 to 575,000. Sources have suggested that around 200,000 of that figure was registered on Christmas Day alone. Last week (ending Dec. 23), "Trouble" sold 221,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan and ranked at No. 2 on Billboard's Digital Songs chart.

That said, another title in the hunt for a 300,000-plus week is Bruno Mars' current Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 single "Locked Out of Heaven." The cut could sell maybe 425,000 to 450,000

x

enough to make it #1?
iuVGqNVB3iaJz.gif

Trigger

I wish I could like IKYWT more, but I'm still meh on it. The video certainly didn't help.

He deserves no empathy at all, he's done nothing since the incident to prove he's a good person, just the opposite. I don't trash him solely because of that incident, I trash because since that incident he's shown his true colors as a filthy human being.

And his music sucks.

It's a shame you think that.

And his music sucks.

yas, draaaag to the pits of taejin tower

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ikE1mPfZvHxF6.png

i5a2ruVCzzK58.png

Another year has passed and its that time of the year to talk about the music that has graced us on the year 2012. We'll be looking at some of the high points and the Low Points that has happened on this year. We'll be touching things from successes, losses on the music industry and the usual flops that you all love to talk about. I'll be presenting the events in bullet points and some might even be linked in order to not have this bloated since its a long post. Let's begin!

ibeRnv1iqGFNJP.png

• Tons of good music has come to us in this year. From different sides of the pop spectrum we got Lana del Rey to Rihanna to Jessie Ware to Alicia Keys and more. New and old artists from different parts of the world have been gracing us with their wonderful music.

[*]New and very promising artists gracing us with their unique sounds like Jessie Ware, Azealia Banks, Kimbra and more. Hopefully more artist stay gracing us with some diversity like this ones are doing.

[*]Multiple artists being successful on sales. Taylor Swift has sold tons of records and so has One Direction, Lana Del Rey and Rihanna to mention a few. Tons of people collecting their checks and mostly well deserved. DMeister provided a link a few links ago with sales. Lets add that link. LINK

[*]Rihanna finally got a #1 album after 7 albums. Not shading at all or am I?
    4CkRH.gif

[*]Mariah Carey still charting "All I want for Christmas". Not really a big surprise but really neat to see how iconic the flawless Xmas song still is. When will our faves achieve such thing? Never.

[*]Beyonce, Jessica Simpson and some others have gave birth this year. We'll see if those babies on the future follow their mothers and fathers foot steps

[*]We got news of multiple artist announcing their albums which while not being released this year are certainly good news. (For most of the part) You may check a list of upcoming albums at the link. LINK

[*]2-Day Pop Gaf Grammy Awards. Thanks to Marius, Nemesis_ , Lucy Liu, Khloe Kardashian, Drunk Sharon Stone, Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj for bringing 2 days of wonderful days of flawless awards that shits on the real thing. (If you missed the ceremony you may check the winners at the OP)

[*]PopGAF Community has been moving crazy fast and we have reached OT 4 this year. New posters + old posters are giving a lot of life to this community with their reviews/opinions, discoveries, meltdowns, stanning, dragging, shadings and floppings. Lets see how we keep this growing up. Best GAF keep on growing.

i8ZcDOJSMdLk1.png

• Sadly we have lost some of the best people industry. We have lost Whitney which was an accident, Donna Summers by cancer and Etta James by Leukemia. I know they must be singing on the heavens and playing music with more of the great people that have left us these years. For a list of more artist and people we have lost on the industry this year 2012 please enter at the link. LINK

[*]As usual we have flops every year some which were expected some not. We have from Christina Aguilera to Nelly Furtado, Ke$ha and more. To watch some of the flops of 2012 visit the link. LINK

[*]PopGAF suffered a massive banning week for asking for the leak copy Rihanna's Apologetic. That week PopGAF spent most of the time being a tomb of silence and flop lurkers trying to keep things alive. Luckily all return and gave life back to the dead community.

iqXT85JNuXUUL.png

The year 2012 in a nutshell was pretty much full of great life giving music and finally some new sounds. We are looking a year where we had tons of diversity and unique personalities. Hopefully the next year with all the great artist and still unnanounced projects to be as good as this year has been.There has surely been some sad events on the year which we will miss. (At least Mumei besides me) Tons of tea has been spilled, tons shade and dragging on the community. What a wonderful year and thanks all you PopGaffers for keeping this flawless community alive. Keep bringing the music , the receipts , the clockings and shading. (And some dragging too of course)

This post has been sponsored by:

tumblr_mdyw9nai0l1rl4iwmo1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Congrats to Bruno and Taylor.

Both of them can fight it out and then Rih can come back to the top of the charts when Stay is released.

Majmun

i couldn't get past a minute of it. that monologue was such a flop lana ripoff. i've seen better writing from my grade 9 tutoring students u__u

Yeah, seriously. And the song doesn't fit the tone of the video at all.
The clip starts with Taylesser trying to be all dramatic and shitt, and then it gets cut by a mediocre uptempo popsingle.

Better luck next time.

Bladenic

Flawless post Pupi.

And I have a Platinum for both games in the XIII series. XIII-2 was easy as heck, XIII's grinding and item trophy took forever.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Flawless post Pupi.

And I have a Platinum for both games in the XIII series. XIII-2 was easy as heck, XIII's grinding and item trophy took forever.

Thank you very much making the banner picture was an ass. It got my computer lagging like hell (Then again its a pretty old one) The writing itself surprisingly was pretty fluid and not tons of pauses to think what to write. That banner its also on a bigger size which is the way it started. (Here)

DMeisterJ

Banned
DMJ bro have you seen 8.7? If not get to it!!! Awesome episode, best of the season so far!!! Season's picking up!!

charlydance7eeo1.gif

Yeah, I'm on 8.9 now. I was thoroughly happy with that episode. I'll be all caught up after I watch this. And then I can start watching it live whenever the new eps start.

Bladenic

Yeah, I'm on 8.9 now. I was thoroughly happy with that episode. I'll be all caught up after I watch this. And then I can start watching it live whenever the new eps start.

I c you're ahead of me. I'm on 8.8, it's awesome. I hope this season keeps going at this awesome pace.

royalan

I never heard her whole album but that single with Rakim was pretty good.

Lawd....her debut was an underrated Ghetto R&B CLASSIC.

It had 16-year-old me wanting to find a way to get knocked up by a drug dealer on his way back to prison for the 3rd time just so I could relate to Ha!

DMeisterJ

Banned

It had 16-year-old me wanting to find a way to get knocked up by a drug dealer on his way back to prison for the 3rd time just so I could relate to Ha!

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
swwBo.png

But you didn't lie tho. It is criminally underrated.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I had to go listen to her song "Addictive" after reading the posts. Not this song serving me Egyptian Punjabi cunt realness R & B.

Let me go find her album.

Trigger

What kind of ratchet confession?

no lies detected tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom