• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judas' only error was letting that vulgar Gibson rat direct the video, because everything else was on point.

THE IMAGERY, THE FASHUN, THE MALO MART CHOREOGRAPHY. Iconic in every frame.
iBNURTqODWz4J.png

ibjXL7KlN48kzh.gif

royalan

LAG made gaga who she is don't shade

This I do agree with somewhat.

I don't think the partnership works now for whatever it is Gaga is trying to be these days, but LAG was a very important part of Gaga blowing up during her debut days. I think my head exploded when I learned that Boom Kack was Gaga's choreographer. Such an unlikely pairing, but it worked....back then.

That Iconic Poker Face choreo. *.*

Koodo

Banned
Fairly certain the rat also made Gaga tone down the religious imagery and undertones. Wasn't that tea spilt around the time of release?
Yes, apparently it was deeply offended at the original concept. What a Westboro cunt, good riddance.

Let me petition Roger Deakins to do the cinematography for the Queen's first ARTPOP film.
iblrlqa5Y4V1MF.png

royalan

I dunno, maybe it was for the best. Even before the video I thought Judas was Gaga just trying to be shocking for the absolute hell of it. I'm not here for shock without a point. That's just desperation.

Like that Princess DIE shit. Hopefully that gets cut from ARTPOP.

royalan

The whole Not Myself Tonight video was trying to be SHOCKING. I'm not sure what your point is.

Also dont you like CAKE

...and I've gone on record stating that I thought the Not Myself Tonight video was bad so I don't know what your point is, sis.

And yes, I LOVE Cake. But I wouldn't really call Cake shocking...more tongue-in-cheek.

I dunno, maybe it was for the best. Even before the video I thought Judas was Gaga just trying to be shocking for the absolute hell of it. I'm not here for shock without a point. That's just desperation.

Like that Princess DIE shit. Hopefully that gets cut from ARTPOP.

Eh.....I don't see it. The controversy about it was all over the internet for a long time before I ever watched the video, but I found it thoroughly unshocking (though it had some amazing moments). Not sure whether thats a good or bad thing.

Koodo

Banned
I thought so too at the time, that Lauriegag toning down the concept for Judas was a good idea; but then she pulled that other shit with Edge Of Glory (the video I wanted so badly to slay) and her true hideous self was revealed. It had clearly become a roadblock rather than an asset during the BTW era, and its firing couldn't have been a better choice.

Especially after staring at its subsequent work with Garbaj. GOODBYE.

Nemesis_

...and I've gone on record stating that I thought the Not Myself Tonight video was bad so I don't know what your point is, sis.

And yes, I LOVE Cake. But I wouldn't really call Cake shocking...more tongue-in-cheek.

My point is that you shouldn't be chastising my fave for doing what your fave did.

At least my fave didn't flop because of it.

royalan

My point is that you shouldn't be chastising my fave for doing what your fave did.

At least my fave didn't flop because of it.

But that doesn't make sense.

Xtina may be my ABSOLUTE fave but I'm not above criticizing her, and I've been very vocal about hating EVERYTHING about Not Myself Tonight (song AND video).

So if I do that to my FAVE, what makes you think Gaga's going to escape the scalding tea?

let's talk about shock with a point

MIA show the good sistren how it is done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMvUlxXyz8

I think the "Bad Girls" video is a better example. *.*

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I remember when The Edge of Glory premiered in SYTYCD I was perched through the whole show to see the hospital scene, NYC/Brooklyn Bridge, and of course the mermaids(Yuyi). All I got was a boring ass video. The song was already a hit and an iconic video would have pushed it further. Once I learned it was due to Gaga's ego of not letting Joseph Khan get his way or something like that, I almost tored my stan card

But that doesn't make sense.

Xtina may be my ABSOLUTE fave but I'm not above criticizing her, and I've been very vocal about hating EVERYTHING about Not Myself Tonight (song AND video).

So if I do that to my FAVE, what makes you think Gaga's going to escape the scalding tea?

I think the "Bad Girls" video is a better example. *.*

i8qjruZWPOHsc.gif

let's talk about shock with a point

MIA show the good sistren how it is done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMvUlxXyz8

1.5 million views?

After almost 3 years?

Pretty sure a blank video with that title could get more views that than just through the passive searches of people looking for the video of the song "Born Free" by John Barry/Don Black....or the Kid Rock version.

Shocked youtube viewers into complete apathy apparently.

iWkaQ45Nwf4br.gif

Artemisia

Banned
1.5 million views?

After almost 3 years?

Pretty sure a blank video with that title could get more views that than just through the passive searches of people looking for the video of the song "Born Free" by John Barry/Don Black....or the Kid Rock version.

Shocked youtube viewers into complete apathy apparently.

iWkaQ45Nwf4br.gif

the girls just didnt want to watch the truth

royalan

I remember when The Edge of Glory premiered in SYTYCD I was perched through the whole show to see the hospital scene, NYC/Brooklyn Bridge, and of course the mermaids(Yuyi). All I got was a boring ass video. The song was already a hit and an iconic video would have pushed it further. Once I learned it was due to Gaga's ego of not letting Joseph Khan get his way or something like that, I almost tored my stan card

I LOVE The Edge of Glory video, though. I really do...

It's so Stripped. Just Gaga working it OUT to her song. I think after all the over-the-top theatrics Gaga really needed to do a simple video like that.

I think the part when she's WORKING that fire escape during the sax solo might be my favorite Gaga moment.

Mumei

Actually, I think Edge of Glory might be one of my favorite Gaga videos.

No pretentiousness. No half-assed attempt at a "message". Just Gaga getting her life to her song. And it's beautifully shot.

Everything about Judas is just so damn #TryHard...

I rather like Edge of Glory. Maybe this is why.

Nemesis_

I'm actually having a conversation in Russian thanks to Google Translate with another Googoosha stan.

ifwsbfewnnfc329h08tn2nr3

Artemisia

Banned
I was pressed during the time TEOG was slaying.

not two of my least favorite BTW songs being smash hits and the rest getting paid dust.

Edge of Glory was the best single from the album......I just can't with the video though.

I was bored....and that is unacceptable from Gaga.

you could say the views are Missing In Action

that was a bad joke, i know

Dear sis Marius....lol

Anyways. Did you happen to see this?

http://toolserver.org/~johang/2012.html

They were also top 10 in multiple other languages.

Other notables:
17. Whitney Houston
21. Gangnam Style
23. Nicki Minaj
25. Justin Bieber 12 671 643
26. Adele (singer)
31. Eminem
38. Rihanna
48. Lana Del Rey
58. Selena Gomez
60. Carly Rae Jepsen
63. Madonna (entertainer)
71. Michael Jackson 8 081 293
72. Taylor Swift
76. Lady Gaga
94. Katy Perry

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Can it be 2013 already I need the Kiss You video
and the behind the scenes video so I can make more gifs

iHxwcU8fHOvoe.gif

Edit: Goddammmmnt it NEM!!!!!

Can it be 2013 already I need the Kiss You video
and the behind the scenes video so I can make more gifs

iHxwcU8fHOvoe.gif

Edit: Goddammmmnt it NEM!!!!!

Mhmmmm especially since 1D already has top 3 on next years year end album Billboard chart already locked up :)

2013 will be a good year.

Kiss You video scares me lol....

royalan

Harry for sure.

Haylor only cements it.

I would be shocked if he doesn't go solo in 2014

Do you think he has a shot?

I mean...I'm sorry, and I know this might be an "old person" argument, but...those boys are almost completely devoid of talent. They may be able to hide that amongst a group...but solo? I dunno...

And I feel like this is a relatively new thing (going solo without a shred of talent). People can say what they want about the previous crop of boybands, but most of them had members that could sing, dance and entertain. And, in Justin's case, produce.

What can any of these guys do to make their solo careers successful other than "Hey, I'm that guy from One Direction"?

Do you think he has a shot?

I mean...I'm sorry, and I know this might be an "old person" argument, but...those boys are almost completely devoid of talent. They may be able to hide that amongst a group...but solo? I dunno...

And I feel like this is a relatively new thing (going solo without a shred of talent). People can say what they want about the previous crop of boybands, but most of them had members that could sing, dance and entertain. And, in Justin's case, produce.

What can any of these guys do to make their solo careers successful other than "Hey, I'm that guy from One Direction"?

Eh if I am being honest and removing hyperbole (Like "no talent"....which is untrue. Their format just does a shitty job of displaying the talent they do have).

Probably not. Harry I would give maybe an even shot of having SOME sort of career solo. Zayn could do something on the indie side, but I don't think he could be a solo popstar.

Other three would have no chance.

I am not horribly interested in the idea of them going solo so it doesn't bother me at all that they probably would flop if they went that route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom