• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Snatch's recent discovery of the timeless Pop classic, Bionic, has got me reconnecting with the album again.

Prima Donna is just #ICANT

Gonna forget my troubles
Cuz it's a special night
Not gonna stress for nothin
I'm feeling quite alright
If it's your birthday, baby
I'm gonna grant your wish
This is a private party
V-I-P in this bitch

Urbantina Bangerlera

ibvzn5HFJBH2jh.gif

botty

Banned
Look the scores, read the reactions. They speak themselves

Utada songs are iconic cause they vomit them at each game with no shame of recycling the songs. Its a brainwashing song if you keep repeating it because you dont wanna spend budget making new music. Lazy company and poor quality at showing quality. Xenoblade the last gen game does more things right than KH ever did. Stay pressed.

Nomura its a hack

Utada's songs don't even equal a fraction of the iconic melodies in Kingdom Hearts.

Have several seats, and please educate yourself on Yoko Shimomura's legendary work:

I'm sure Xenoblade is still struggling to even compete with Kingdom Hearts 1 in terms of story, gameplay, and generating public interest. That might explain why whenever you bring up the main character of Xenoblade people instantly assume She Hulk is being mentioned.

z63MU.gif

Artemisia

Banned
death are we really comparing the greatest console JRPG to be released in years, just after everyone was thinking the format lost its magic to Final Fantasy XIII and KH?

I mean FFXIII was part of the reason people were giving up on the console JRPG.

a mess

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Utada's songs don't even equal a fraction of the iconic melodies in Kingdom Hearts.

Have several seats, and please educate yourself on Yoko Shimomura's legendary work:

I'm sure Xenoblade is still struggling to even compete with Kingdom Hearts 1 in terms of story, gameplay, and generating public interest. That might explain why whenever you bring up the main character of Xenoblade people instantly assume She Hulk is being mentioned.

z63MU.gif

Now you need to go for the only relevant KH that alone makes some sort of sense. Still a pretty basic gameplay with a cutesy light hearted story. Again Quality Beats Quantity.

FYI Shimomura also worked on Xenoblade. Kiii

6 Composers

death are we really comparing the greatest console JRPG to be released in years, just after everyone was thinking the format lost its magic to Final Fantasy XIII and KH?

I mean FFXIII was part of the reason people were giving up on the console JRPG.

a mess
Educate Ha!

Nemesis_

This Xenoblade shade is not even worth paying attention to, tbh.

i0V4xR7cZPDrM.gif

Those of you who actually appreciate the genre and not some fallen from grace name, as well as what makes it so good know which is the better game.

Vazra

This Xenoblade shade is not even worth paying attention to, tbh.

i0V4xR7cZPDrM.gif

Those of you who actually appreciate the genre and not some fallen from grace name, as well as what makes it so good know which is the better game.

Thats right. FF had a Xtina kind of fall. Too bad. (That might explain botty stanning the poor hew series.)

Back to Pop Music I was bopping today with Alexandra Burke, Pixie Lott, Florence and Girls Aloud. Lifeeeeee

Vazra

I'm falling in love with Bionic all over again. *.*

Nothing else besides that gurl?
i'm sorry but these girls are doing the most, clinging to their old ass series with poor modern showings and dragging the new girls on the block

what kind of maddona-esque stanning

Gurl the one gurl army by me giving them receipts and still in denial using past games as excuses to the messes they are today and if things are as they seem will never return to the grace they once had. Then again look the posters for hew they stan and you can tell they fit like a glove.

botty

Banned
I'm trying to keep the game talk mostly about the music. Emphasis on trying.

qzpll.gif

Thats right. FF had a Xtina kind of fall. Too bad. (That might explain botty stanning the poor hew series.)

Not you calling Kingdom Hearts a "hew series" with the local games you mentioned.

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

royalan

I legit don't like it.

Huge letdown after the masterpiece that was the b2b era.

Eh, your loss.

Conceptually the album IS a #MESS. Can't deny that. But track-by-track the album is home to some individual BOPS. Some of my favorite Xtina recordings are Bionic era. *.*

Glad you're judging it on its merits, tho. So many people trash Bionic because it's Xtina's "flop album" without even listening to it. The Gaga and Britney stans ran a successful smear campaign. So many people wouldn't even give the album a CHANCE. ;____;

Vazra

I'm trying to keep the game talk mostly about the music. Emphasis on trying.

qzpll.gif

Not you calling Kingdom Hearts a "hew series" with the local games you mentioned.

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Just like Xtina they went from Icons to hew status.
ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Vazra

Biopsy has one good song and I don't even remember its name.

Hardly, Xenoblade was actually good.

Xtincta has never been an icon. The World Preservation Foundation ought to have a crisis meeting concerning her career.

This gives me life!!!

Satch

Banned
Roy.... Don't hurt me, but...

I prefer Bionic to Back 2 Basics.

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

i think i do too

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

B2B is missing a Loving Me 4 Me/Morning Dessert/Sex For Breakfast

B2B is overall a better alberm but i just bop harder to Bionic and bopping means the world to me

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Meh. Never met a Britney song I didn't find annoying.

Only real exceptions are Till The World Ends, and a ballad whose name escapes me at the moment.....and I only like them due to superior covers by superior artists.

I feel like dragging Britney before the good sis returns

tumblr_l3petxlD5I1qa2nz2o1_400.gif

royalan

Roy.... Don't hurt me, but...

I prefer Bionic to Back 2 Basics.

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

I smell ya, sis. *.*

I still prefer Back 2 Basics for its consistency and theme, and I think Xtina connected more to that era than her others.

But, for all its lows, Bionic has some SERIOUS highs.

Lift Me Up/You Lost Me are some of my favorite ballads by her, ALL of the SIA songs are brilliant and working with Sia really showed us a tender side of Xtina that we hadn't previously seen. Vanity/Glam are my shameless queen anthems. Prima Donna bops HARD, and WooHoo is actually my FAVORITE Xtina uptempo, period.

GOD WooHoo could have smashed with some decent promo. Such a nasty Summer BOP. :(

Koodo

Banned
Bionic will remain shit until the End Of Time and no temporary hipster bandwagon will offset the truth that the world relentlessly punched into the bloody sphincter of that guttural pig: the music is shit.

i5SVage7MZoCD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom