• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly Lotus has made Bionic seem more tolerable in hindsight. The Zelda cycle of pop.

(For the record, the only songs I use off of Bionic are Elastic Love, You Lost Me, Monday Morning, and Birds of Prey.)

Nemesis_

i see the Stillborn This Way stans are creeping out from under the floorboards

The BUBONIC PLAGUE is much more debilitating to a POPULATION than one measly "STILLBORN".

Though would Beyonce even know what a STILLBORN is? Don't you need to GET PREGNANT to have a STILLBORN?

royalan

Bionic will remain shit until the End Of Time and no temporary hipster bandwagon will offset the truth that the world relentlessly punched into the bloody sphincter of that guttural pig: the music is shit.

i5SVage7MZoCD.gif

Hipster bandwagon? lol

If anyone is reaping the benefits of a hipster bandwagon it's post-Blackout Britney.

ibz87ZMYQcmT4R.gif

Satch

Banned
Clearly Lotus has made Bionic seem more tolerable in hindsight. The Zelda cycle of pop.

(For the record, the only songs I use off of Bionic are Elastic Love, You Lost Me, Monday Morning, and Birds of Prey.)

but its not more tolerable in hindsight TO ME

id never heard it in full before the other day and turns out it has some genuine bops on it

the hate it has received is overblown

royalan

Judas was the best video from BTW era imo....

I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time or the tolerance for half-assed biblical references. Simply making a religious reference is not enough. If you're going to go there, you need to BRING IT with some deep shit, and Gaga is as shallow as it gets.

Everything about Judas was a fucking pretentious as all hell mess.

Nemesis_

The only song I can even use is Birds of Prey.

Elastic Waistband is not for me, I don't see the fuss.

I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time or the tolerance for half-assed biblical references. Simply making a religious reference is not enough. If you're going to go there, you need to BRING IT with some deep shit, and Gaga is as shallow as it gets.

You don't have time or tolerance for half-assed biblical references, yet you have the time and tolerance for an artist who can't get off her ass to promote her two latest albums? I see.

Eh I thought it brought back a lot of the glamour of past era's. Subject matter was pretentious....sure....but who cares?

Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, and BTW videos were just terrible imo. Don't think I managed to watch ANY of them through fully more than than once.

Satch

Banned
Okay. (´ー`)┌

Surely you don't like it as much as Stripped, though?

none of the rest of Xtina's discography could even compare to the Holy Light that is Stripped

hell, 90% of the people talked about in here couldnt build a discography that could clock Stripped alone

Stripped is why the caged bird sings

royalan

The only song I can even use is Birds of Prey.

Elastic Waistband is not for me, I don't see the fuss.

You don't have time or tolerance for half-assed biblical references, yet you have the time and tolerance for an artist who can't get off her ass to promote her two latest albums? I see.

...I don't see how these two things are at all related.

none of the rest of Xtina's discography could even compare to the Holy Light that is Stripped

hell, 90% of the people talked about in here couldnt build a discography that could clock Stripped alone

SIS...I'm really going to have to rethink how I talk about Beyonce in this thread. Your Xtina stanning has been giving me LIFE. ;___;

But but but...

have you listened to Back to Basics yet?

royalan

Eh I thought it brought back a lot of the glamour of past era's. Subject matter was pretentious....sure....but who cares?

Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, and BTW videos were just terrible imo. Don't think I managed to watch ANY of them through fully more than than once.

Actually, I think Edge of Glory might be one of my favorite Gaga videos.

No pretentiousness. No half-assed attempt at a "message". Just Gaga getting her life to her song. And it's beautifully shot.

Everything about Judas is just so damn #TryHard...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
WHAT?

Even if you think Judas (the song) is bad, the video fits the theme, the fashion was on point, and some of the choreo as well (or at least the camera made it look that way)

there is a reason why its the most watch video from the BTW era
tumblr_m75r2sesgo1rsaztdo1_500.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Actually, I think Edge of Glory might be one of my favorite Gaga videos.

No pretentiousness. No half-assed attempt at a "message". Just Gaga getting her life to her song. And it's beautifully shot.

Everything about Judas is just so damn #TryHard...

Gaga could get some help from Lana when she wants to do a video with a "message" and not make it look half assed and pretentious.

iep2Zu6YUrj2M.gif

EDIT: What a Flawless Top 7 Posters *.*

Artemisia

Banned
WHAT?

Even if you think Judas (the song) is bad, the video fits the theme, the fashion was on point, and some of the choreo as well (or at least the camera made it look that way)

there is a reason why its the most watch video from the BTW era
tumblr_m75r2sesgo1rsaztdo1_500.gif

Educate them.

Judas did everything right.

Satch

Banned
But but but...

have you listened to Back to Basics yet?

yeah and i think it's Xtina's 2nd best alberm (after Stripped obv)

i will likely use Bionic more though because 1) i'm trashy, 2) i love trash jams, 3) Bionic is full of trash jams (no shade, see below)

which is why i listen to B'Day more than Dangerously in Love even though DIL is my fave Bey alberm (´ー`)┌

Every single Beyoncé album takes a massive shit on Stripped.

ibnGGcfXyPhN5N.gif

LIE DETECTED

Stripped is better than I Am... but that's it imo

royalan

The camera work is frantic.

The choreography is absolute, spastic shit.

I didn't know attaching a length of fabric to a pair of panties counted as "on point" fashion.

Gaga's hair was fucking terrible. Her weaves approached Ciara level lack of quality. Then again, this was a symptom of the entire Born This Way era. Her hair was absolutely ratchet 90% of the time.

The theme was more than a little heavy handed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The camera work is frantic.

The choreography is absolute, spastic shit.

I didn't know attaching a length of fabric to a pair of panties counted as "on point" fashion.

Gaga's hair was fucking terrible. Her weaves approached Ciara level lack of quality. Then again, this was a symptom of the entire Born This Way era. Her hair was absolutely ratchet 90% of the time.

The theme was more than a little heavy handed.

Not Ciara.

#DEATH

Koodo

Banned
Judas' only error was letting that vulgar Gibson rat direct the video, because everything else was on point.

THE IMAGERY, THE FASHUN, THE MALO MART CHOREOGRAPHY. Iconic in every frame.
iBNURTqODWz4J.png

Nemesis_

Fairly certain the rat also made Gaga tone down the religious imagery and undertones. Wasn't that tea spilt around the time of release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom