• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Chris sis what do you think of Hunter Hayes?

He's doing really well in country radio. He's got a bit of a "Fearless-Speak Now" Taylor Swift quality to his lyrics, obviously with a male-oriented approach.

I like Wanted, haven't heard anything else. Did you like FGL's album?

Christopher

Chris sis what do you think of Hunter Hayes?

He's doing really well in country radio. He's got a bit of a "Fearless-Speak Now" Taylor Swift quality to his lyrics, obviously with a male-oriented approach.

He sings that song Somebody's Heartbreak right?

I like his style - I always like uptempo/beat songs that are a bit different. My only problem with him is that he needs something to give him a little more of an edge to come out of that country cage.

Taylor infused country with pop, and Carrie Underwood has done the same as well. Why can't a male do the same? If anyone is able to this guy seems like he can cross some boundaries, I'm liking his debut.

Trigger

Taylor infused country with pop, and Carrie Underwood has done the same as well. Why can't a male do the same? If anyone is able to this guy seems like he can cross some boundaries, I'm liking his debut.

That would be a good niche for an act. There really isn't anyone around like that.

Styles

Wanted is the Our Song of his era.

Commercial wise, though Our Song topped the country chart for 6 straight weeks, kii.

Mau ®

I like Wanted, haven't heard anything else. Did you like FGL's album?

I loved it. I thought it was fun. Nothing groundbreaking of course but almost all songs have catchy hooks, which is just what I need right now!

Also... did you see Hayden Panetierre is also on country radio with Nashville's Telescope. SLAY THE LESSORS, JULIETTE BARNES!!!

He sings that song Somebody's Heartbreak right?

I like his style - I always like uptempo/beat songs that are a bit different. My only problem with him is that he needs something to give him a little more of an edge to come out of that country cage.

Yes! I feel he's got potential to break out into pop and Hot Ac.

He needs to play it right and avoid having a similar sound to Ed Sheeran tho.

Bladenic

I loved it. I thought it was fun. Nothing groundbreaking of course but almost all songs have catchy hooks, which is just what I need right now!

Also... did you see Hayden Panetierre is also on country radio with Nashville's Telescope. SLAY THE LESSORS, JULIETTE BARNES!!

Yes it was so good. Perfect summer jam album. And yassss Telescope is so catchy. I hope Nashville lasts ;_;

Mau ®

Stefan™;45864607 said:
Wanted is the Our Song of his era.

Commercial wise, though Our Song topped the country chart for 6 straight weeks, kii.

"Our Song" still slays me. And it still is one of her catchiest songs ever to this day *.*

Yes it was so good. Perfect summer jam album. And yassss Telescope is so catchy. I hope Nashville lasts ;_;

I dont follow ratings but at least it was cleared for a second season ;___;

iQLUIkVTVCdUC.gif

Ghastly.

Bladenic

"Our Song" still slays me. And it still is one of her catchiest songs ever to this day *.*

I dont follow ratings but at least it was cleared for a second season ;___;

Sis it didn't get a second season yet. Shows don't get renewed for new seasons until spring generally. It got 9 more episodes ordered for a 22 episode first season to run until May. Not a second season. And ratings aren't great. I fear for ha ;_;

Mau ®

Sis it didn't get a second season yet. Shows don't get renewed for new seasons until spring generally. It got 9 more episodes ordered for a 22 episode first season to run until May. Not a second season. And ratings aren't great. I fear for ha ;_;

Oh fuck, my boss informed it did. I guess he confused it as a second season :/

What the fuck are country fans watching then!??! kiiii

DMeisterJ

Banned

Welcome to the world of liking shows which rate horribly. I've been having to worry about my shows since The Good Wife season 2 :/

Bladenic

Oh fuck, my boss informed it did. I guess he confused it as a second season :/

What the fuck are country fans watching then!??! kiiii

Pretty sure it's ONLY the country fans watching at this point. It doesn't really have widespread appeal. Well it does, but I'm sure people are just like "ew country" and not giving it a chance. It sucks because its probably the best new show of the season. I'd hate for it to get cancelled, this is Hayden's best role ever.

But as of now I'm not very hopeful for a second season ;_;

Edit: DMJ I thought The Good Wife slayed ratings? Or has it always been a poor showing in the demos? I read that it's up against The Mentalist on which gets canceled, and I think The mentalist outperforms it. But The Mentalist has already reach syndication so maybe they'll cancel it and give The Good Wife another season to reach syndication.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Edit: DMJ I thought The Good Wife slayed ratings? Or has it always been a poor showing in the demos? I read that it's up against The Mentalist on which gets canceled, and I think The mentalist outperforms it. But The Mentalist has already reach syndication so maybe they'll cancel it and give The Good Wife another season to reach syndication.

Season 1 did good. It had NCIS: LA as the lead in. Then when it started doing worse, they stuck it on Sunday versus Desperate Housewives' last season which hurt, but it still got renewed, and it's basically been rated this season the same as the last. It performs on par or better than The Mentalist, but what it has going in it's favor is that it hasn't reached syndication while Mentalist has. Hopefully CBS keeps it around for another year so they can sell it.

Edit:

Everyone seethe at my iPhone wallpaper. Lightning shits, and anyone who disagrees shall be transformed into a Cie'th and promptly slain.

B-Dex

Season 1 did good. It had NCIS: LA as the lead in. Then when it started doing worse, they stuck it on Sunday versus Desperate Housewives' last season which hurt, but it still got renewed, and it's basically been rated this season the same as the last. It performs on par or better than The Mentalist, but what it has going in it's favor is that it hasn't reached syndication while Mentalist has. Hopefully CBS keeps it around for another year so they can sell it.

Edit:

Everyone seethe at my iPhone wallpaper. Lightning shits, and anyone who disagrees shall be transformed into a Cie'th and promptly slain.

But you're on AT&T.. the RCA of mobile carriers.

DMeisterJ

Banned
But you're on AT&T.. the RCA of mobile carriers.

Ummm. The RCA of carriers would be the one that has the least amount of subscribers and still doesn't have an iPhone, aka, T-Mobile. You know about flops so you should be acquainted with them. My carrier has the most subscribers and still sells the most iPhones.

Bye.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Tbh the only things worth stanning about Lightning are her abilities in combat in XIII. It sure ain't her personality...

Lightning is in the superior FFXIII game due to the music. Lightning blesses the games she's in by lacking flaws. It's why XIII-2 isn't that good, and why XIII-3 will be good.

Christopher

Lightening has stans!?

ugh that game was awful! #navytaste

...don't come for FF7 or FFX. bye.

ib13VVDZFLh7tD.gif

I also like Kingdom Hearts...what kind of square tea?

Bladenic

Tales of Graces' battle system is utter perfection

ibm3w8j12G1jqy.gif

It's a shame the story is decent at best

The story is shit, but the gameplay and systems shit on every KH game with the small possible exception of BbS. But Tales series shits on KH gameplay wise. Especially Graces, Vesperia, and Rebirth.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I knew that we’d become one right away
Oh, right away

tumblr_mfsvkiHxEa1rjwhsjo1_500.gif

At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes

tumblr_mfrxinPNWP1r65g4zo1_500.gif

So shine bright tonight, you and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky

tumblr_mdzmnsU9Ex1rs85wio1_500.gif

Eye to eye, so alive